Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25343 times)

Medic_wheat

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #435 on: May 16, 2017, 02:46:41 AM »
Motherf*cker now they're doing the Darius Vita release?! Goddamn I would have bought that first honestly. Looks like I'll have both. I'm such a damn sheep, never thought I'd get swept up in the LRG craze,

I am on a fb page for vita/psp collectors. And my God vita owners seem to have the mind set of "gotta own them all".

I am cheaper with my vita buying and try to keep t to games I'll enjoy. Or st the lest work on the ps tv.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #436 on: May 16, 2017, 02:58:34 AM »
I think a lot of 'em got started collecting before LRG, back when the entire US library was ~120 titles and most were easy to find and relatively cheap.  That's a pretty dumb primary reason to get a full set, I guess, and now with LRG (and others) it's got one heck of a lot more tedious and expensive.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

TDIRunner

« Reply #437 on: May 16, 2017, 04:22:49 AM »
I think a lot of 'em got started collecting before LRG, back when the entire US library was ~120 titles and most were easy to find and relatively cheap.  That's a pretty dumb primary reason to get a full set, I guess, and now with LRG (and others) it's got one heck of a lot more tedious and expensive.

I'm seeing the same thing happen with the Wii U.  Since the library is so small (around 150) people see an opportunity to get a full set without spending the kind of money that it takes to get something like a full NES set.  I've seen people get super excited to find out a Wii U game has been canceled because it's one less game they have to get.

Same goes for LRG.  I know some people only care about the full set.  While I doubt anyone would admit it openly, I guarantee you that there are a few people who secretly want LRG to fold and out out of business so that there will be no future releases, and they full set can become "official."   :roll:
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Gypsy

« Reply #438 on: May 16, 2017, 10:40:27 AM »

I'm seeing the same thing happen with the Wii U.  Since the library is so small (around 150) people see an opportunity to get a full set without spending the kind of money that it takes to get something like a full NES set.  I've seen people get super excited to find out a Wii U game has been canceled because it's one less game they have to get.

Same goes for LRG.  I know some people only care about the full set.  While I doubt anyone would admit it openly, I guarantee you that there are a few people who secretly want LRG to fold and out out of business so that there will be no future releases, and they full set can become "official."   :roll:

f*ck them. Seriously that's idiotic.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #439 on: May 24, 2017, 06:06:06 AM »
Shadow WRrior 2 is getting a limited physical release for the PS4.

https://www.specialreservegames.com

Pre-orders went up today at $39.99 plus shipping/tax. Only 2,500 PS4 pressed. (Don't know if this is total or seperated for PS4 single pre orders, PC/PS4 bundle, and BIG WANG (50).

I was a fan of the PC 90s original and enjoyed the reboot games on the PS4 (which is at $14 used at GS).

Here is a chance to get the sequel.

BIG WANG edition is sold out. I missed the boat.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 06:09:31 AM by Medic_wheat »

Medic_wheat

« Reply #440 on: May 24, 2017, 06:14:16 AM »
Limited run has also announced MANY games

To many to list.

-Darius burst Vita
-broken age (next month) PS4
-night trap PS4
-Furi PS4

These interest me.

exodus

« Reply #441 on: May 24, 2017, 11:12:30 PM »
I will say the good thing about all the collector jerkoffs buying every single limited run game - when I release one later in the year, I know exactly how much money I'm going to get and how many people will buy it.

glazball

« Reply #442 on: May 26, 2017, 04:08:51 AM »

Pre-orders went up today at $39.99 plus shipping/tax. Only 2,500 PS4 pressed. (Don't know if this is total or seperated for PS4 single pre orders, PC/PS4 bundle, and BIG WANG (50).

I preordered from SRG already, but fwiw, apparently LRG will be releasing Shadow Warrior 2 too only it will just be the sequel (SRG's release will have discs for both 1 and 2, similar to the first print of Bayonetta 2 on Wii U).

I'm still waiting for my copy of Strafe from SRG also.  It was supposed to start shipping this week but I haven't heard a peep from them.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

Medic_wheat

« Reply #443 on: May 26, 2017, 04:42:04 AM »

I preordered from SRG already, but fwiw, apparently LRG will be releasing Shadow Warrior 2 too only it will just be the sequel (SRG's release will have discs for both 1 and 2, similar to the first print of Bayonetta 2 on Wii U).

I'm still waiting for my copy of Strafe from SRG also.  It was supposed to start shipping this week but I haven't heard a peep from them.

Oh I didn't realize SRG will have both shadow warrior games on their physical release sweet.

Yeah they shot out a twitter and fb post stating how the shipping already started for the PS4 copies of Straif. Only there was a glitch in the email system and many of the orders shipped did not send email shipping/tracking info.   At least they made a statement. They should have sent a mass email personally as well.

glazball

« Reply #444 on: May 26, 2017, 05:41:04 AM »
Good to hear, thanks for the info!  It looks like SRG is here in Texas about 3 hours away from me, so maybe it will even show up this weekend.

I've really been having fun with procedurally generated games lately, like Ziggurat and a dinky game called Tower of Guns which I bought for maybe $12 on Amazon.  Damn if they aren't addictive in that quarter-munching kind of way.  Hopefully I'll be able to say the same about Strafe.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

Medic_wheat

« Reply #445 on: May 26, 2017, 01:42:00 PM »
Good to hear, thanks for the info!  It looks like SRG is here in Texas about 3 hours away from me, so maybe it will even show up this weekend.

I've really been having fun with procedurally generated games lately, like Ziggurat and a dinky game called Tower of Guns which I bought for maybe $12 on Amazon.  Damn if they aren't addictive in that quarter-munching kind of way.  Hopefully I'll be able to say the same about Strafe.

My copy just came in today. Small brown paper mailer.

schweaty

« Reply #446 on: June 10, 2017, 05:53:45 AM »
Anybody else notice LRG didn't sell out yesterday?  Copies still available today

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

bartre

« Reply #447 on: June 10, 2017, 08:12:20 AM »
Anybody else notice LRG didn't sell out yesterday?  Copies still available today

Kinda surprising, considering the hype that *was* around broken age at launch.
did anyone here actually play it? I'm just too lazy to grab download titles until they're super cheap.

I nabbed it though, as well as Deemo.
I know it's basically a phone game, but i'm a perpetual sucker for rhythm games and I had almost imported the damned thing a dozen times already.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #448 on: June 10, 2017, 09:36:41 AM »

Kinda surprising, considering the hype that *was* around broken age at launch.
did anyone here actually play it? I'm just too lazy to grab download titles until they're super cheap.

I nabbed it though, as well as Deemo.
I know it's basically a phone game, but i'm a perpetual sucker for rhythm games and I had almost imported the damned thing a dozen times already.

I just picked up both vita titles. I forgot about it yesterday was entirely to busy at work even for my lunch break. However coopies still left and figure what the f.

Flare65

« Reply #449 on: June 11, 2017, 03:22:51 PM »
Skipped both Vita games.  Thought it was odd I got an email from them the next day stating they were still avalible.

I appreciate they are supporting the Vita, but I'm just not paying $25.00 for shitty iOS games or games I can get on Steam for less than $2.00 (i.e. Mutant Mudds).  They need more games like Soldner X2 and Oddworld: Stranger's Wraith.