Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25399 times)

glazball

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #450 on: June 13, 2017, 04:24:46 AM »
Anybody else notice LRG didn't sell out yesterday?  Copies still available today

That's not the first time one of their games hasn't sold out immediately, but it did sell out over the weekend.  I think that's good though, since it allows anyone who really wanted it to get it.  There's a thread on the LRG forums asking "Is LRG hype dying?" and that seems to be the case.  Scalpers are not getting huge returns on their "investments" like they were a year ago.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

Gypsy

« Reply #451 on: June 13, 2017, 04:41:46 AM »
Anybody else notice LRG didn't sell out yesterday?  Copies still available today

That's not the first time one of their games hasn't sold out immediately, but it did sell out over the weekend.  I think that's good though, since it allows anyone who really wanted it to get it.  There's a thread on the LRG forums asking "Is LRG hype dying?" and that seems to be the case.  Scalpers are not getting huge returns on their "investments" like they were a year ago.

They have (better imo) competition and all the stuff I've said before. However when they release Ys Origins and other good games that aren't $1 sale on steam/$2 ios/android games those will still quickly sell out I think.

So the hype is dying and whatnot, but only because they keep releasing the same indie noise.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #452 on: June 23, 2017, 03:53:03 AM »
I snagged a Darius Burst today.  I hope it's worth the $50.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

schweaty

« Reply #453 on: June 23, 2017, 04:14:38 AM »
Me too.  I think I'll be disappointed but whatev.

Btw- still available 75 mins later.  I think the handwriting is on the wall.  Limited print physical games are a fad and will pass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Gypsy

« Reply #454 on: June 23, 2017, 04:16:40 AM »
Me too.  I think I'll be disappointed but whatev.

Btw- still available 75 mins later.  I think the handwriting is on the wall.  Limited print physical games are a fad and will pass.

Otoh this is like the third release of the game and it's $50. Furi went faaaast.

Oh and the game is great. Tons of replay value.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #455 on: June 23, 2017, 04:32:23 AM »
I'm surprised it still says it's available, seeing as there was only 26% left just a couple minutes in.  Like gypsy said, though, the other game sold out quick as ever and lots of peeps already bought Darius for the PS4 or one of the Play Asia versions.

That said, this is how I'd love to see all of their games sell.  Everyone that really wants to play the game has a pretty good shot at getting one, and they don't all go to shelf queens and flippers.

glazball

« Reply #456 on: June 23, 2017, 04:52:38 AM »
Funny you mention it Necro - I finally got around to opening my Dariusburst last night and spent a few hours with it.  It's damn incredible.  Worth $50, or $60 or whatever?  That's debatable but in 20 years, you won't miss that 50 bucks but you'll always have a badass shewtie to play on your Vita.

I was put off by the high price and didn't initially buy it.  Ended up buying it off ebay like a sucker and only paid a tiny bit more than the initial asking price... and I don't regret the expense.  It's a blast.

And also kinda funny - one of the LRG founders is asking on their own forums why DB isn't selling out so fast.  It does put me off that they want all their titles to sell out in 10 minutes.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

Gypsy

« Reply #457 on: June 23, 2017, 05:17:36 AM »
I agree Necro, it's great when the games are available hours after they drop. I worry about Ys Origins but at least there is the PA release...

Funny you mention it Necro - I finally got around to opening my Dariusburst last night and spent a few hours with it.  It's damn incredible.  Worth $50, or $60 or whatever?  That's debatable but in 20 years, you won't miss that 50 bucks but you'll always have a badass shewtie to play on your Vita.

I was put off by the high price and didn't initially buy it.  Ended up buying it off ebay like a sucker and only paid a tiny bit more than the initial asking price... and I don't regret the expense.  It's a blast.

Yesssss, it's great. I would have waited if say, it was getting a wide US release (see: Akai Katana, Deathsmiles, really any wide release shmup in the last 10+ years in the US, they all get well under $10 before they go up). However I wasn't even sure it was going to get a physical release in the US when I bought it, and I didn't see the Japanese version dropping much in price so I pre-ordered it through PA and had no regrets. It's great.

And also kinda funny - one of the LRG founders is asking on their own forums why DB isn't selling out so fast.  It does put me off that they want all their titles to sell out in 10 minutes.

They are a$$holeS*. Read their twitter feed if you ever get bored enough.

*This does not stop me from buying games I want that they put out.

Flare65

« Reply #458 on: July 04, 2017, 05:29:13 PM »
Bard's Gold looks like the next release they are doing for the Vita this Friday.  :/  Looks like another shovel ware game to me.

Does anyone know the latest news on the Skullgirls game that was supposed to ship 7 months ago?

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #459 on: July 04, 2017, 06:28:03 PM »
bards gold looks pretty cool,  i will definitely have to look into it. Lots of boobie traps and enemies all over the place!!!

Gypsy

« Reply #460 on: July 05, 2017, 02:17:54 AM »
Looks like another dime a dozen indie retro style platformer. It's $2 on Steam right now for anyone on the fence, maybe playing it could help your decision.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #461 on: July 10, 2017, 05:27:04 AM »
Anyone get their Vita Dariusburst yet?  My tracking's been stuck at "ready for pickup" since 6/29.

I see on twitter some bullshit about them holding orders for some trading card crap (instead of the usual postcard/sticker crap).  I assume that's the hold up, but it sure would've been nice if they'd bothered to tell their paying customers what's going on instead of fake "your item has shipped" e-mails.

schweaty

« Reply #462 on: July 10, 2017, 09:06:24 AM »
Anyone get their Vita Dariusburst yet?  My tracking's been stuck at "ready for pickup" since 6/29.

I see on twitter some bullshit about them holding orders for some trading card crap (instead of the usual postcard/sticker crap).  I assume that's the hold up, but it sure would've been nice if they'd bothered to tell their paying customers what's going on instead of fake "your item has shipped" e-mails.
Same here.  I'm getting used to them printing the label and waiting 2 weeks for it to actually ship.  Ships getting old.  (Amirite?)

bartre

« Reply #463 on: July 10, 2017, 01:14:32 PM »

Same here.  I'm getting used to them printing the label and waiting 2 weeks for it to actually ship.  Ships getting old.  (Amirite?)

one of many reasons I finally decided "f*ck em"
at least SRG states it's a preorder and all that.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #464 on: July 10, 2017, 02:45:50 PM »

I haven't had any official (email) notification.

Just he chatter in twitter.

And people on the vita fb page making similar complaints on the hold up of the games.

And the gold up on Skull girls.