Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25378 times)

cr8zykuban0

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #525 on: August 13, 2017, 05:24:04 AM »
I totally skipped on night trap. I know its a favorite among sega cd fans but i didnt like the game at all. FMV games are definitely not for me

Medic_wheat

« Reply #526 on: August 13, 2017, 05:44:48 AM »
For me NT was more a novelty. I can always play my 32X copy. I was just interested to see how the better video looked with the retooled menus.

Guess I'll just download it. Don't feel like paying $150 and up.

I haven't looked up eBay prices on a LRG day one of release but wooowww.

The whole argument of resellers in ebay don't determine price really goes out the window with sellout limited release stuff.

Someone get a confirmation order. Throws it up in eBay day one and pulls a price out their butt and waits to see if other follow suit and if suckers start buying. 

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #527 on: August 13, 2017, 07:10:48 PM »
Ugh i hate that. Way to ruin the fun for some people who actually want to play the game but couldn't get the game on time :/

Flare65

« Reply #528 on: August 14, 2017, 02:33:14 AM »
Was Night Trap limited to one copy only?

glazball

« Reply #529 on: August 14, 2017, 03:14:25 AM »
From what I can gather, NT was changed to 1 copy per customer while the morning sale was live.  I could be wrong though.

Apparently, LRG is looking to handle ordering differently with the release of Ys.  I don't believe they've said anything definite or given specifics yet, though.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #530 on: August 14, 2017, 03:18:04 AM »
Empty promises.  They've been claiming shit will get better for months, but the reality is that they don't have a single f*ck to give.

As long as everything (including stupidly overpriced LE garbage) sells out in minutes, they're getting what they want and have no incentive to change.  They don't care about you.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

jtucci31

« Reply #531 on: August 14, 2017, 04:28:48 AM »
The only way to stop LRG from doing stupid shit like not limiting certain numbers of orders per customers, or their inane philosophy of refusing to do pre orders and make it as hard as can be to grab any of their releases, is to just stop buying from them. I think some people buy their shit based solely on the fact that they know it'll be hard to find later. And obviously that's their whole point of existence, but why are we so drawn to this shitty practice?

Though, of course I have purchased DariusBurst in the past, and if they ever announced Windjammers you better believe I'd be as conflicted as ever (though I'd probably wind up buying it anyway). They just plain suck, and Necro is right, they absolutely don't care about you.

Gypsy

« Reply #532 on: August 14, 2017, 04:52:03 AM »
Is the Play-Asia release of Ys Origins 100% identical in terms of content on disc?

Groover

« Reply #533 on: August 14, 2017, 09:43:19 AM »
It seemed impossible for me to get a copy of Night Trap last Friday. It was my first Sega CD game I bought after playing the packin games. They should have changed their name to Ultra Limited Run Games. It seems scalpers had no problem. Sold out in less than 2 mins both times.

TDIRunner

« Reply #534 on: August 14, 2017, 10:04:24 AM »
I sat in on a panel with Dough from LRG on Sunday.  They are working on ways better estimate demand and possibly increase runs while still keeping the total number "limited."

Also, ESRB ratings are coming to all games soon.  It's a little ironic that Night Trap will be one of the last LRG offerings to be released without an ESRB logo. 
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

glazball

« Reply #535 on: August 14, 2017, 10:08:03 AM »
I don't need a company to care about me.  It's getting harder and harder to defend LRG, but asking a company to care about you is going a bit too far!

What I find uber-shitty is the stunt they pulled with the Wonder Boy and Lawbreakers release.  When they were opened up for sale, WB obviously sold like hotcakes (as we all know, hotcakes are the best selling item ever invented, duh) and Lawbreakers wasn't.

So LRG pulled many (single) copies of WB and bundled it with Lawbreakers (an online-only FPS that nobody really wanted) while the sale was active.  Their excuse is that their "close fans" were not going to be able to buy Wonder Boy, so they made the decision to bundle it during the morning sale.  Let's not forget that this "bendover bundle" was never previously announced, which means their plan all along was to pull this trick if Lawbreakers wasn't selling like they wanted.  Obviously, they had to have made the bundle picture and web page ready to go beforehand.

It should also be mentioned (if you don't follow LRG drama) that Lawbreakers was developed by Cliff B. and company who are all in the same town as (and "friends" with) the LRG team.  It was so unwanted by fans that LRG decided not to number it like their other PS4 games.  The result was that many people who simply wanted Wonder Boy had to opt for a bundle with another game, or not get it at all.

Major dick move.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #536 on: August 14, 2017, 10:41:51 AM »
I sat in on a panel with Dough from LRG on Sunday.  They are working on ways better estimate demand and possibly increase runs while still keeping the total number "limited."

I don't really believe that.  They've already gauged demand exactly how they want it: just enough to sell out in minutes, adjusting between allowing people to buy single and multiple copies if it's not selling quite quickly enough.

The only adjustments we'll likely see will be smaller print runs for less popular titles, as the poor games that dared to still be available on Saturday were 'failures' to their hype train.

I don't need a company to care about me.  It's getting harder and harder to defend LRG, but asking a company to care about you is going a bit too far!

Go f*ck yourself.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Gypsy

« Reply #537 on: August 14, 2017, 10:48:53 AM »
Companies should care for their customers, otherwise they might go out of business.

Mathius

« Reply #538 on: August 14, 2017, 11:06:21 AM »
No loyalty is built when companies don't care for their customers. Companies that used to but lost sight of that quality in themselves usually fail eventually.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

sirhcman

« Reply #539 on: August 14, 2017, 12:56:47 PM »

Pre-orders. Problem solved. Also you can't keep a game "limited" if there is a lot of demand! I could explain further how their business could be so much more successful but it isn't even worth it.