Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25403 times)

Punch

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #540 on: August 14, 2017, 02:55:37 PM »
lmao at anyone expecting anything other than artificial scarcity from something called "LIMITED RUN GAMES".

I'm willing to bet that a large portion of copies are never put for sale on their site so they can sell it on ebay with a high price tag themselves.

Groover

« Reply #541 on: August 14, 2017, 03:17:10 PM »
I like the idea of giving digital only releases a physical release for those that want it. This should be more about the developers and how they could be benefitting more. They should really consider releasing it themselves if Limited Run Games reaches a maximum of preorders that could just trigger it. I like it when the developers go on and release it later.

I think there is room for a company to get this right and not be forcing the limited inventory on the business.

crazydean

« Reply #542 on: August 14, 2017, 03:50:23 PM »
lmao at anyone expecting anything other than artificial scarcity from something called "LIMITED RUN GAMES".

I'm willing to bet that a large portion of copies are never put for sale on their site so they can sell it on ebay with a high price tag themselves.

This could be true.

The guy who owned Beanie Babies would stockpile certain models then retire them. This would increase the price by 10x or more.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

ChuChu Flamingo

« Reply #543 on: August 14, 2017, 08:12:37 PM »
It would be the perfect crime.

Gypsy

« Reply #544 on: August 15, 2017, 01:09:55 AM »
I like the idea of giving digital only releases a physical release for those that want it. This should be more about the developers and how they could be benefitting more. They should really consider releasing it themselves if Limited Run Games reaches a maximum of preorders that could just trigger it. I like it when the developers go on and release it later.

I think there is room for a company to get this right and not be forcing the limited inventory on the business.

There are other companies doing this. Some of them even do pre-orders. They just don't have the same online hype presence as LRG.

https://www.specialreservegames.com/about-us
https://signatureeditiongames.com/

Also if you are looking mostly for indies, Soedesco and Rising Star Games have been releasing some and they take more of a retail approach and get stuff on Amazon. Just search for Soedesco on Amazon. The games qualify for the prime discount too so ones priced at $20 if you pre-order them will only be $16 shipped. They have some at  $30 ($24 shipped with prime) as well. A few pre-orders up right now from them.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #545 on: August 15, 2017, 03:17:33 AM »
Pre-orders. Problem solved. Also you can't keep a game "limited" if there is a lot of demand! I could explain further how their business could be so much more successful but it isn't even worth it.

They don't do pre-orders because nobody wants to wait for games.

Instead they sell you games they don't have yet and ship them a few weeks later.  It's different...... somehow.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

glazball

« Reply #546 on: August 15, 2017, 03:54:20 AM »
I don't need a company to care about me.  It's getting harder and harder to defend LRG, but asking a company to care about you is going a bit too far!

Go f*ck yourself.

Very well worded response Necro!  Cheers to you.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #547 on: August 15, 2017, 04:00:58 AM »
There's not much to say to hypocrites and fools, and you're both.

glazball

« Reply #548 on: August 15, 2017, 04:23:50 AM »
Well alrighty then.  So you have no real argument and can only throw your weight around by being an a$$hole?  Are you upset that I directly contradicted you?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #549 on: August 15, 2017, 05:18:57 AM »
Well alrighty then.  So you have no real argument and can only throw your weight around by being an a$$hole?  Are you upset that I directly contradicted you?

First of all, please explain how I'm "throwing my weight around".  Do you even understand what the term means?  In no way, shape, or form have I used my scary mod powers to threaten you with a ban, edit your posts, etc.

Second, you're really only contradicting yourself.  It makes no sense to argue that it's wrong to expect them to do right by their customer base when you're concurrently making much of the exact same complaints - too many releases too close together, pushing for immediate sellouts, forced bundling of unwanted games, etc.  They don't care about you (nor should they), so you should be happy they're taking care of themselves in whatever way they see fit, right?

MrBroadway

« Reply #550 on: August 15, 2017, 06:42:38 AM »
I don't need a company to care about me.  It's getting harder and harder to defend LRG, but asking a company to care about you is going a bit too far!
I don't think Necro means you personally, but rather you as a consumer. "LRG doesn't care about consumers." Corporations should.

glazball

« Reply #551 on: August 15, 2017, 06:47:56 AM »
So if I go around telling other members to go f*ck themselves, that's a-ok with you?

Necro, the idea that LRG doesn't care about you, me or any customer is your opinion.  I know you think you are right about everything, but don't confuse your opinion with facts.  I stated my opinion and you reacted like an a$$hole.

Honestly, your pathetic remark is the first time I've ever met any hostility here.  If my alleged hypocrisy and foolishness is unwanted here, go ahead and ban me.  Please.  I don't have time in my life for your childishness.  Go on, I won't be missed here.

And back to the point at hand: if you think LRG, or Play-Asia, or Aetherbyte, or Microsoft or Amazon or ANY other company gives a shit about you, then you are the fool Necro.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #552 on: August 15, 2017, 09:09:19 AM »
So if I go around telling other members to go f*ck themselves, that's a-ok with you?

Pretty much, yeah.  I was telling people to get f*cked long before being made a mod.

The only way it'd be frowned upon is if it was being said all the time, in response to nothing in particular, and not part of an actual discussion with other comments.  At that point, it'd just be trolling.

Necro, the idea that LRG doesn't care about you, me or any customer is your opinion.  I know you think you are right about everything, but don't confuse your opinion with facts.

Obviously it's just an opinion, albeit one based on their actions.  Do you have a point?

I stated my opinion and you reacted like an a$$hole.

Yeah, LRG apologists bring out the best in me.  :lol:

Honestly, your pathetic remark is the first time I've ever met any hostility here.  If my alleged hypocrisy and foolishness is unwanted here, go ahead and ban me.  Please.  I don't have time in my life for your childishness.  Go on, I won't be missed here.

Again, there's zero threat of you being banned.  I don't know where you're getting that shit.

And back to the point at hand: if you think LRG, or Play-Asia, or Aetherbyte, or Microsoft or Amazon or ANY other company gives a shit about you, then you are the fool Necro.

Lots of companies work hard to earn customer loyalty: MS extended 360 warranties out the wazoo (way more than Sony's done for their shoddy hardware), dropped DRM plans on the One, and killed Kinect to drop prices; Amazon gives easy returns, special customer sales, continually invests in better/faster distribution channels, and makes custom products that make it easier to buy from them; Arky keeps us in the loop and gives us dibs on new products; et cetera, et cetera.  They're not 100% altruistic, of course, but there's no question that most companies want to keep current customers while earning new.

LRG, on the other hand, doesn't seem to give a shit.  They're content with their current print run sizes, knowing full well that there's enough flippers and shelf queens to buy up everything even if everyone else stops being customers.

Gypsy

« Reply #553 on: August 15, 2017, 09:27:36 AM »
I've been beating the drum for some time and it's probably a dead horse at this point but I've gotta agree with Necro. Since the start, LRG have been dicks.

Tw3ek

« Reply #554 on: August 15, 2017, 11:16:40 AM »
Is this the boarding line for the "f*ck LRG" train? If so, I want on!