Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25392 times)

jtucci31

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #630 on: August 25, 2017, 03:23:39 PM »
I decided to stop giving these pieces of shit my money.

Same here. Posted that a few pages ago. Let's create our own exclusive f*ck LRG club that's super limited and only open to the public for 2 minutes before officially closing forever.

TR0N

« Reply #631 on: August 25, 2017, 07:27:40 PM »
I went ahead with the regular PS4 version, glad it was an easy experience.
Ditto i just order the regular edition of Ys Origin,didn't have a problem getting in a order at all.Though the collectors edition did sell out pretty fast.After this,i don't see myself buying from LRG again any time soon.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TheClash603

« Reply #632 on: August 26, 2017, 04:53:16 AM »
My friend shared this with me, not sure of the source but it seems legit.

Ys PS4 standard : ~4,289 + 10 = ~4,299
Ys Vita standard : ~3,462 + 10 = ~3,472
Total so far : ~7,771
Total including CE : ~13,771

Odds are they never do a preorder again, I don't think they like these numbers.  I assume if they did a 5,000 run of standard edition on each system, it sells out in 30 minutes or less in each wave.

The irony of the whole situation is by not making the game limited, it appears to have become more limited?

Also, I would say this shows LRG set collecting is largely a thing of the past.  Most people seem to have moved on.

Gypsy

« Reply #633 on: August 26, 2017, 05:26:52 AM »
Sega, in an odd bit of being awesome, reprinted Yakuza 1 and 2 on PS2, and Yakuza 3 on PS3 earlier this year. It's been the first time in ages (lol) that Yakuza 2 has been available for a reasonable price. I'm not sure if these copies are still available but it's worth checking Amazon just in case. Hopefully 3 will still be available by the time I dig myself out of my financial hole.

Kiwami 2 is happening and should be $30, I'd just get that.

It's looking more and more like LRG just isn't geared towards people like us who like to play their games. Sad business.

but really, I think they've printed all the games I actually want.

unless by some miracle they do Yakuza 5 on PS3, that'd be cool but patently unlikely.

I believe they declared that dead. Just gonna have to wait for the remaster, LOL.

this is true.
oh well, at least we got 0 and are getting Kiwami and 6.

also, i wouldn't say these are "their" games.
they're just printing them for a cut.

Seems like we are getting everything now. I make an effort to buy new from a retailer for Yakuza games. Normally I buy used.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #634 on: August 28, 2017, 08:27:09 AM »
If clash's numbers are accurate, that makes Ys Origin the largest print run by a sizable margin (~38%) over the largest normal 'limited' release.  If the PS4 numbers don't include the PAX variant (1500 copies), make that ~53% larger.

If that's a failure......
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

bartre

« Reply #635 on: August 28, 2017, 10:13:51 AM »
If clash's numbers are accurate, that makes Ys Origin the largest print run by a sizable margin (~38%) over the largest normal 'limited' release.  If the PS4 numbers don't include the PAX variant (1500 copies), make that ~53% larger.

If that's a failure......

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #636 on: August 28, 2017, 10:25:08 AM »
That's a perfect fit.  :lol:

Gypsy

« Reply #637 on: August 28, 2017, 10:38:20 AM »
LOL.

Stealing that.

Mathius

« Reply #638 on: August 28, 2017, 11:30:56 AM »
Ha!
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #639 on: August 29, 2017, 03:39:05 AM »
Ditto i just order the regular edition of Ys Origin,didn't have a problem getting in a order at all.Though the collectors edition did sell out pretty fast.After this,i don't see myself buying from LRG again any time soon.

I haven't purchased from LRG prior and maybe won't again.  It depends on what physical run games they offer up, or if they ever can make a deal with the "BIG N" to start producing Switch games (Blaster Master Zero PLZ!!).  But yeah, I jumped on the Ys Origins regular copy for the PS Vita. I really hope I can plug it into my PSTV, else I'll just have this pretty vita case to look at, lol....

xelement5x

« Reply #640 on: August 29, 2017, 04:41:04 AM »
Stolen from another forum talking about the LRG Y apostrophe S madness:

From Twitter:
6,575 Vita, 8,400 PS4. This was a success on PS4 but not so much on Vita.

We already have 6,500 Vita copies en route and we have to reorder for those extra 75 - the minimum reorder quantity is MUCH higher than that

So until we sell the smattering of extra units that have to be ordered above that 75, it wasn't the best route for Vita.

Worth a try, for sure, and we'll certainly consider doing it again.

Ultimately, the decision to go this route in the future will be up to our partners. We'll push for it in some cases.

As I mentioned there, 6500 copies for Vita and 3000 of that are the LE, makes me feel real dumb for getting a limited edition which is like almost 50% off the produced copies.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #641 on: August 29, 2017, 05:24:28 AM »
I don't get why they're making an issue over the extra 75 that they have to reorder.  It wouldn't be a problem if it were planned as a true pre-order from day one, where nothing was ordered before last Friday, so why not be happy that it sold 18% more copies than any previous Vita game, despite the competition from another english language release (which also had a nicer LE package)?  Even in this unique instance, the unsold product isn't as bad as 1000 (or whatever the minimum order number is) minus the 75 extra sales, as they haven't accounted for the percentage they keep from each sale to cover manufacturing defects and lost orders; they normally hold back 10%, so they actually need 733 more copies and not a mere 75.  In any case, I've little doubt that they'll be able to peddle the extra copies before year's end.

As I mentioned there, 6500 copies for Vita and 3000 of that are the LE, makes me feel real dumb for getting a limited edition which is like almost 50% off the produced copies.

45.6% LE isn't that much higher than unusual.  It was 39.6% for Lili, 37.5% for Night Trap, 33.3% LE for Lawbreakers, 37.5% for Wonderboy, and 41.7% for Dariusburst (PS4).

Gypsy

« Reply #642 on: August 29, 2017, 06:12:26 AM »

I haven't purchased from LRG prior and maybe won't again.  It depends on what physical run games they offer up, or if they ever can make a deal with the "BIG N" to start producing Switch games (Blaster Master Zero PLZ!!).  But yeah, I jumped on the Ys Origins regular copy for the PS Vita. I really hope I can plug it into my PSTV, else I'll just have this pretty vita case to look at, lol....

Just whitelist hack it and don't look back. :)

I don't get why they're making an issue over the extra 75 that they have to reorder.  It wouldn't be a problem if it were planned as a true pre-order from day one, where nothing was ordered before last Friday, so why not be happy that it sold 18% more copies than any previous Vita game, despite the competition from another english language release (which also had a nicer LE package)?  Even in this unique instance, the unsold product isn't as bad as 1000 (or whatever the minimum order number is) minus the 75 extra sales, as they haven't accounted for the percentage they keep from each sale to cover manufacturing defects and lost orders; they normally hold back 10%, so they actually need 733 more copies and not a mere 75.  In any case, I've little doubt that they'll be able to peddle the extra copies before year's end.

45.6% LE isn't that much higher than unusual.  It was 39.6% for Lili, 37.5% for Night Trap, 33.3% LE for Lawbreakers, 37.5% for Wonderboy, and 41.7% for Dariusburst (PS4).

Yeah they act like it would be some great struggle to sell these extra copies. So dumb.

GohanX

« Reply #643 on: August 30, 2017, 02:07:44 PM »
A Vita version doesn't sell as well as PS4? I, for one, am shocked.

Johnpv

« Reply #644 on: August 31, 2017, 12:33:06 AM »
But yeah, I jumped on the Ys Origins regular copy for the PS Vita. I really hope I can plug it into my PSTV, else I'll just have this pretty vita case to look at, lol....

I hate to be the barer of bad news but if you're on the stock OS, Ys Origin does not work on the PSTV.  If you have yours with the hacked OS, then you can force the whitelist to add it and it'll work.

Also those numbers seem pretty fantastic for both platforms overall.  I'm not surprised they're trying to spin it into a negative though.