Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25453 times)

Flare65

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #675 on: February 26, 2018, 01:25:08 AM »
They apparently have some kind of waiting list to buy copies that get freed up due to cancellations for breaking the order limit, returns etc... Not sure exactly how you go about it but contacting their CS through their site or on twitter is probably the first step.

I signed up for this on a whim.  I have very little faith that I'll actually get a copy.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #676 on: February 26, 2018, 03:30:36 AM »
I managed to get one copy Friday morning, but now I wish I'd went for two to help out one of you guys.  :(

It's nice that they cut the second round to one per customer, but it should've been that way from the start, especially for the CE version.  Expect to see a bunch of 'em on ebay.  ](*,)
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Gypsy

« Reply #677 on: February 26, 2018, 04:34:49 AM »
It's nice that they cut the second round to one per customer, but it should've been that way from the start, especially for the CE version.  Expect to see a bunch of 'em on ebay.  ](*,)

Agree and I don't get why they didn't start it at limit 1. It's not like the other Oddworld games did poorly.

xelement5x

« Reply #678 on: February 26, 2018, 01:23:43 PM »

Agree and I don't get why they didn't start it at limit 1. It's not like the other Oddworld games did poorly.

Gotta keep that scarcity rollin, that's why.

I see that the other two are still in stock still.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Punch

« Reply #679 on: February 27, 2018, 02:37:32 AM »
Are you guys still discussing why it's so hard/unfair to buy a game from Limited Run Games 46 pages into this thread?

:lol:

schweaty

« Reply #680 on: February 27, 2018, 12:34:03 PM »
Are you guys still discussing why it's so hard/unfair to buy a game from Limited Run Games 46 pages into this thread?

[emoji38]
I've never had a problem.  You literally have to be waiting a few minutes before the sale starts and keep refreshing until it's live.  I know this is a pain and most people are complaining on the principle  that there are no pre-orders, but life has rules and those who play by them win.

Im sure there's a few folks who have been doing what I describe and their internet hiccups or fails and they miss out, but I think they are the exception.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Flare65

« Reply #681 on: February 28, 2018, 01:03:13 AM »
The problem I have with LRG is that I'll be there the moment the game goes live, add it to my cart, and then the game is listed as sold out during the checkout process.  Wash-rinse-repeat until the game is no longer available to add to the cart.

Happened on both the Am and PM sales.

I filed out the waiting list form to see if any copies come available, this opens a ticket on their end.  Yesterday I got an email stating that the ticket was closed with no explanation as to why.

If it wasn't for the East Asia Soft release of Soldner X2, I wouldn't have been able to get a copy of that one.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #682 on: February 28, 2018, 01:24:11 AM »
You gotta have your shipping details stored as part of your account and either store your credit card payment info with them or be logged in to paypal in advance (keep surfing around on paypal to keep the page active - they'll log you out if you idle for more than a couple minutes).  If you wait, odds are good it'll be sold out by the time you get it all sorted.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

schweaty

« Reply #683 on: February 28, 2018, 01:27:02 AM »

The problem I have with LRG is that I'll be there the moment the game goes live, add it to my cart, and then the game is listed as sold out during the checkout process.  Wash-rinse-repeat until the game is no longer available to add to the cart.

This is the part I don't understand.  I've gotten probably a dozen games from LRG and this has never happened to me (including some if the high demand stuff like dragons trap SE). There is no way that's just luck.  Too many samples to be just luck

schweaty

« Reply #684 on: February 28, 2018, 01:34:28 AM »
You gotta have your shipping details stored as part of your account and either store your credit card payment info with them or be logged in to paypal in advance (keep surfing around on paypal to keep the page active - they'll log you out if you idle for more than a couple minutes).  If you wait, odds are good it'll be sold out by the time you get it all sorted.
This.  FYI- I also use PayPal

Flare65

« Reply #685 on: March 01, 2018, 03:41:49 PM »
I use Paypal and my address is already on my account with them. 

Pfloydguy2

« Reply #686 on: March 02, 2018, 01:14:01 AM »

This is the part I don't understand.  I've gotten probably a dozen games from LRG and this has never happened to me (including some if the high demand stuff like dragons trap SE). There is no way that's just luck.  Too many samples to be just luck

That's exactly what happened to me, and it was with Dragon's Trap.  I was so pissed, because that was the one Limited Run game I wanted more than any other, and I had successfully bought a handful of games from them prior to that sale.  I was logged into my Limited Run account, and I was logged into Paypal, but it didn't matter.  I think part of it depends on when you get into the checkout queue.  You have literally a few seconds to do your order.  If you get into the queue in five seconds, you might be 2,000 slots ahead of the guy who got into the queue in seven seconds.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #687 on: March 05, 2018, 03:11:27 PM »
So Skull Girls is out. Finally. Both PS4 and Vita.

Got my copy and it looks greatly. The physical copy that is.

However I find it funny people in the LRG FB Fan page are still complaining  about it. Why?  Because they feel to many where printed. Which to me translates to “shit how do I flip for profit the game?” 

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #688 on: March 05, 2018, 07:01:03 PM »
Anyone receive a shipping notice for Sky Force & Croixleur Sigma?

schweaty

« Reply #689 on: March 06, 2018, 01:45:13 AM »
Anyone receive a shipping notice for Sky Force & Croixleur Sigma?
Nope on sky force