Author Topic: WTB: 6 Complete US TG16/SuperCD games.  (Read 5201 times)

goldenpp72

So I take it no one has what the OP is looking for.

Also to the OP:

1) nice set up. I enjoy seeing a well maintained gaming set up. Granted the neon lights would hurt my eyes if I tried to game in such a dark dimly light area. But also I guess I might just be old now a days.

2) jump in on the discussion!  This forum host great monthly threads on various turbo games for members to play or even re-play and talk about their experiences during the month said game is being played as a community.

We are not talking about another best or top what ever list. Just enjoy your games and throw your two cents around like its a whole dollar.

3) you know how this group is. They will respect you more if you give them a jab back then just taking the harassment. Not saying to be a dick in your response but throw a well timed joke back at the peanut crowd.

And FINALY

4) yo-momma.

Yeah. I went there. Do your worst !

I agree, actually the photos were taken just for the sake of display, usually the lights are either dimmed or off, but if you've ever tried to photo lights you probably know it can be a bit sketchy. Definitely more of a show off/display aspect rather than practical. In fact, I believe on the CRT display area the lights actually interfered with the light guns when put bright, heh. As for mingling more, I mingle a bit on other forums, especially when I do get around to trying the stuff, unfortunately my reception here hasn't always been warm so, rather than fight constantly it's sometimes easier to just handle your business ya know?

There are some cool people here as I do lurk some, I guess i've just never seen a forum that cultivated a section of people who are literally angry about someone who collects something, the only rational reason I could see for it would be the raising expenses of it, but then that would imply they also would like to have it and can't because of price, making them collectards as well, I think?

Personally, I know some people who collect sealed and nothing more, they stuff the games on a shelf or in a tote and then leave them alone forever, I personally don't like that behavior as I believe it contradicts the entire spirit of the hobby (which is to play) but I guess I also see it as irrelevant to judge what others do. Some want a big closet of collectibles, some want nothing and just a lean setup, and others want a big elaborate setup filled with options, live and let live, I mean damn, I can overlook people who care about the amount of screws are in their cartridge vs another version, so I guess the idea of wanting a display box doesn't seem too crazy to me :p

I'm not sure why people here often try to penalize others for that preference, as it basically comes off as a loser in a small club trying to push away as many people as they can out of spite sort of mentality.

Did you even bother to read gynt's post and the specific sentence he quoted?  He was mocking your outright refusal to discuss games until after you've bought every single title, not your decision to buy 'em all (boxed or otherwise).  Honestly, you come off sounding like just another leech looking to score some sweet deals while not contributing a damn thing to the community.

I also don't really care to hear the complaints of people who want to give me life advice with money.

Tough.   This isn't a one way street, especially not after you opened the thread by calling us out as a bunch of jerks and spewing a bunch of other crap that had little to do with buying games.

I've beaten something like 6 or 7 of my TG16 titles up to this point (mind you that I only recently was able to both obtain and hook it up), if you look in the picture, you'll see I not only do not have a ton of TG16 stuff yet, but also do have a lot of other stuff that I do play, including modern games, along with doing other not game related things of course, like working, having a relationship, and other sorts of things people do. My primary purpose to coming to this forum was to find resources, information and of course to gather up the stuff I wanted. Also keep in mind, I only collect what I want to play, there are many TG games I ignore because it's not my genre or taste, no matter the deal.

Also, I do not think i've ever scored anything i'd call a deal on a forum ever, at best a minor discount due to lack of eBay fees and bulk purchase, but I haven't (to my knowledge) taken advantage of any 'sweet deals', in fact I would say this system has been the entire opposite of what one could define as a sweet deal.

In the end, if a person comes here looking to gain information, buy, sell, or whatever, and ends up being captivated by the members good sense of humor, enthusiasm, knowledge or whatever it is that brings us into the fold of a niche hobby like this, that is usually enough to help cultivate a healthy mentality to which people want to partake. If you have a chip on your shoulder and basically want to tell someone to go die in a fire, then yes, they are less likely to want to talk to you.

Part of the problem is likely that while I do love this system (it's basically the hidden city of my favorite generation ever) I do have a broad range of taste, and spread them out as my time can allow. I can't be extreme on every spectrum, and especially so when half of the forum (or more) will dogpile you the moment you mention you own cardboard.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 09:29:07 AM by goldenpp72 »

esadajr

ahg I'm not reading all that. Storino is that you? Btw enter me in this raffle and PM sent
Gaming since 1985

esteban

Goldenpp72:

If you play some games, even non-PCE, and discuss your thoughts on them...you will become part of this community.

Otherwise, you may have a difficult time because, whether fairly or not, you will seen as someone with misplaced priorities.

Personally, I understand the fetish for the original boxes (obviously, not everyone agrees with me). If I could have all the boxes, I would love it.

Anyway...as I am sure you realized, this community/forum will rarely glorify lionize collecting unto itself (although the TITANIC thread about recently purchased games suggests otherwise)...

You have been warned. :)
  |    | 

Zero_Gamer

My primary purpose to coming to this forum was to find resources, information and of course to gather up the stuff I wanted.

This sums it all up. Who mentioned leech? [emoji19]

goldenpp72

My primary purpose to coming to this forum was to find resources, information and of course to gather up the stuff I wanted.

Why else would people come to an enthusiast forum? To not gather info and resources? Perhaps a forum about not learning?

HailingTheThings

and yesterday got into contact with another user and bought something like 3600 dollars of games from him.

Which user?

Zero_Gamer

Why else would people come to an enthusiast forum? To not gather info and resources? Perhaps a forum about not learning?
I guess when you say.... I mingle on other forums, but I joined here to drain you of resources and the stuff I need.... It doesn't come across well.

Otaking

and yesterday got into contact with another user and bought something like 3600 dollars of games from him.

Which user?

goldenpp72

I'm not sure why the user who sold me the goods would matter, since the culture here is confusing I would definitely not reveal who i'm dealing with, especially if they would be mistreated for whatever reason. If he (or she) chose to do so, then they can of course.

Anyways after this post i'm going to try and let this topic play whatever it's natural course is without my intervention, i've said my piece clearly no matter how people like to interpret it. while it would be nice for us all to get along it's very clear certain sorts of enthusiast are simply not welcome by a lot of the posters here. Though I appreciate a few of the kind words and advice shared here as well, you have to realize you're a small voice in a big crowd of people who will tell you you're dumb for collecting at all (emulation yes!), or you're dumb for collecting boxes, but other stuff is OK, or other various perspectives. It accumulates a single sort of venomous hive mind, despite the perspectives that get to that point being different, creating a confusing climate.

As an example of why this dynamic doesn't work, most people find enthusiast forums by suggestion and networking, in my case, a user on another forum advised me to come here to do exactly as I've tried to do, to learn, collect, and understand what the system was all about, in my case to further my experiences in the gaming sphere and witness a console that was kind of a massive gem that few saw.

In order to foster a user to want to stick around and converse with everyone, such as I do on the age line of forums or forums like gaf, etc, it requires the community to be something beyond the initial hook of the site. Most of these enthusiast forums have an infectious and fun community that is excited to see others becoming interested in their hobby. I had came here hoping to find the same sort of enthusiasm for a system i'm still learning about, but unfortunately instead get a bunch of angry people who for some reason take issue between what adults do with their goods and cash, despite supposedly not even caring about said goods (so if boxes are bad, don't worry what the dumb collectors do with them, I guess?)

What that really means is that no matter what a user like me does to partake in the community, a large portion of people will hate that you do what you do, which is total nonsense and an incredibly isolated cult like mentality. I do wish the forum was more accepting as it does narrow out places I can share my growing enthusiasm for the system with, but it is what it is. This system has an unfortunate lack of exposure on other sites, but any time i've dabbled my toes here to conduct business, it basically becomes a mob justice event over cardboard.

Hopefully when i'm able to dabble more into the lineup, I can take part in different discussions and not have someone bring up that I do indeed have boxes for these titles.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:38:30 AM by goldenpp72 »

Otaking

bob

see, the thing is, its hard for people to get on board with the "insta-tard".  buying everything, THEN wanting to learn about it.  you spent 3600 on a bunch of games you know nothing about?  resources are tight, man.  its a shrinking supply out there. 

you mentioned a couple times that you came here to "conduct business"?  i will just leave statement as it is.
lastly, you mentioned someplace about not owning sealed unless it has "same value".  not sure what that means or why it matters.  you are getting too hung up in the fake "market" it sounds like.

wildfruit

Have you played settlers 2 for DOS? It's pretty good.
Come back to me when you've rung the evil bell.

Otaking

Users here's a tour of my game room, checkout the purple lights

TheClash603

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Why do you play your games on a giant hdmi tv? Probably in 16:9.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I use a framemeister upscaler which upscales TG titles very well, the Turbo duo is modified to output in Scart and then lead into the upscaler, and no, they are played in 4:3 aspect ratio. The upscaler introduces a minor lag, but due to the fact it then outputs in a native resolution the TV doesn't need to upscale, also removes lag the TV would have otherwise introduced. That particular panel is also a very low latency panel. As for why I use an HDTV, it's because the shelf life of older tube tvs is growing shorter and the ability to repair them more limited. I have a side setup with a tube tv as well with consoles hooked up to it, but it is primarily for Light gun shooters, pictured here:

Crazy right, almost as if someone can rationally explain something without being a jerk about it. At least in my area, TV repair shops are all but dead and buried, and the market for decent tube tvs is drying up as well, I have a few spares, but don't want to bet my entire setup on them not breaking if that makes sense.

What type/brand of shelving is that?

I'm not sure if you're genuinely inquiring or not, but i'll answer politely just in case. These particular bookshelves are sold at Ikea and are branded as just Billy if I recall. They are nice because despite the simple look are actually incredibly durable (in that you can double layer tons of stuff on it, they won't bow). Aside from that, the store sells additional shelving so you can add as much or little shelving per unit as you like. While i'm somewhat handy, I did not want to put up the shelving for as much stuff as I have (what I showed here was only a really small piece)

I bet your shelves would buckle if you put a nice CRT and a Laseractive on there.  I know every time I put my hand under my shelves it is at risk of collapse.

Zero_Gamer

Users here's a tour of my game room, checkout the purple lights

This is discriminatory towards user TR0N. Please delete post [emoji14]