Author Topic: WTB: 6 Complete US TG16/SuperCD games.  (Read 5203 times)

goldenpp72

WTB: 6 Complete US TG16/SuperCD games.
« on: June 06, 2016, 01:08:57 AM »
So I haven't posted on this forum often since collectors don't seem to get the warmest reception (I seemed to get a LITTLE slack since I actually play these games, but still). I however have had quite a bit of success utilizing this forum for purchases so I figured i'd go for another shot. Since i've come here I bought a refurbished Turboduo console from a really good seller here, and yesterday got into contact with another user and bought something like 3600 dollars of games from him. Those games are en route now and likely will be here by the end of the week.

I mention this for 2 reasons, first, to hopefully show that contacting me won't waste your time, and second, because I know a few of the things I ordered will have a few parts i'd not mind replacing. To that end i'll have to wait until the order comes in and comb through it all, so for now i'll focus on what I know.

Since you guys don't know me, for these versions I'm only going for the US releases and to have them entirely complete (so, cardboard box and all if applicable), and at least in very good shape (with some wear being fine, we'd just have to talk). There are a few things I could work on loose wise too as noted below.

I think that about covers it, so with that said, here are some things I know i'll have potential interest in, and i'll update it with a final list once I get this big order in and hopefully all goes well. I do hope once I (more or less) finish collecting that I might be able to take part in the discussion of games I'd like to play. The next game I want to play is Adventure Island, really big fan of that series elsewhere so I imagine this one will be great.

List to find

HuCard Stuff

Andre Panza Kick Boxing (I would need a nice box and/or manual for this, so open to any talk)
Bomberman 93 (have the whole set but box is damaged, so would focus on that)
Bonk 3 (need the outer box, unlikely to find)
Chase H.Q.
Chew Man Fu
Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu
Shockman
World Class Tennis (I believe just a manual for this as mine has writing)

Super CD Stuff

The Dynastic Hero
Exile: Wicked Phenomenon (will just need the outer slip but if you had the whole thing let's talk)
Loom (would need a manual as mine has writing in it and other damage)
Syd Mead's Terra Forming
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 04:27:12 AM by goldenpp72 »

bob

who wants to start?

goldenpp72

Hopefully no one, if there isn't anything relevant to post anyways.  [-X

bob

... I do hope once I (more or less) finish collecting that I might be able to take part in the discussion of games I'd like to play.

this line is awesome. 

Let me spend stupid amounts of money on boxes, books, and games, and THEN maybe i can talk about what i want to play.

this is like driving to the finish line of a marathon and THEN talking about how you would like to run one someday.

much respect, bruh.

goldenpp72

Well here's the thing, most people on the planet care about aesthetic to some extent. Be it how their home looks, their lawn, their car, their lover, or whatever. I buy my games with the primary intent being to play them (which is why I don't buy sealed titles unless they are equal value), but I also like to display them and create an environment I deem cool to be in while doing so. I did admittedly try starting the TG16 collecting by just doing the normal cases, but a nice (and demonic) individual sold me about 20 boxed ones and from there, the itch stuck. I'm not sure why people here often try to penalize others for that preference, as it basically comes off as a loser in a small club trying to push away as many people as they can out of spite sort of mentality.

This is where I play primarily, please note that every system is not only hooked up, but modified and all tunneled using ideal equipment to get the least amount of lag, the best sound and picture quality, and ease of use, at least that to what my knowledge could muster anyways. The primary intent for *me* is to play them, I don't just have a big room filled with boxed games hording them off from the planet while I laugh maniacally. However in a subforum about buying things, then yes, the idea of playing them falls to the side, strange right?

But then I look right and see this.

I'm sorry if you find my choices in life suspect, be it because I enjoy playing these titles or because I prefer storing them in a nice method of display, but I also don't really care to hear the complaints of people who want to give me life advice with money. If you've never bought a nice looking car or ate at a nice fancy place, or vacationed somewhere just to see awesome sights, then sure, otherwise it would seem pretty hypocritical to dogpile on people who both adore the games on this platform, but also like to have them displayed.

I'm not saying i'm right, or the best, or anything, but if you want to split hairs one could argue there are much more efficient ways to play most of these games than on their original hardware, so I suppose anyone who has the console, or the cards, or anything is problematic by some logic? Not mine obviously.

This post was hopefully to diffuse the often dogpile mentality this seems to drag in, in reality I don't care a lot, and in the end the people who do have the stuff and want to sell will still get their money, hopefully that doesn't keep you awake at night. Just because you try to silence other sides doesn't mean they go away, I guess i'm not sure the end goal in trying to drive away a sect of enthusiast at this point in the game.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 08:14:04 AM by goldenpp72 »

bob

lol, wut?

that one lone, red master system case looks horrible.

jtucci31

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Why do you play your games on a giant hdmi tv? Probably in 16:9.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

bob

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Why do you play your games on a giant hdmi tv? Probably in 16:9.

because everything is at the top audio/video quality.  some forum told him to buy one.
I think it was nintendoage.

OR

he went to a store and said "I need a TV for 20+ year old consoles"
clerk said, "I have this one.  It comes with box and papers.  Even warranty card"

"SOLD!"
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 08:45:21 AM by gynt »

jtucci31

because everything is at the top audio/video quality.  some forum told him to buy one.
I think it was nintendoage.
Oh gold plated hdmi cables?

sirhcman

goldenpp72

I use a framemeister upscaler which upscales TG titles very well, the Turbo duo is modified to output in Scart and then lead into the upscaler, and no, they are played in 4:3 aspect ratio. The upscaler introduces a minor lag, but due to the fact it then outputs in a native resolution the TV doesn't need to upscale, also removes lag the TV would have otherwise introduced. That particular panel is also a very low latency panel. As for why I use an HDTV, it's because the shelf life of older tube tvs is growing shorter and the ability to repair them more limited. I have a side setup with a tube tv as well with consoles hooked up to it, but it is primarily for Light gun shooters, pictured here:

Crazy right, almost as if someone can rationally explain something without being a jerk about it. At least in my area, TV repair shops are all but dead and buried, and the market for decent tube tvs is drying up as well, I have a few spares, but don't want to bet my entire setup on them not breaking if that makes sense.

What type/brand of shelving is that?

I'm not sure if you're genuinely inquiring or not, but i'll answer politely just in case. These particular bookshelves are sold at Ikea and are branded as just Billy if I recall. They are nice because despite the simple look are actually incredibly durable (in that you can double layer tons of stuff on it, they won't bow). Aside from that, the store sells additional shelving so you can add as much or little shelving per unit as you like. While i'm somewhat handy, I did not want to put up the shelving for as much stuff as I have (what I showed here was only a really small piece)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 08:56:00 AM by goldenpp72 »

Gentlegamer

I hook my laptop up to my lcd tv to play emulators and get the same result without being a collectard.

If you're going to play the genuine thing, actually play the genuine thing. Which you can do through Turbo Everdrive and CD-Rs.

goldenpp72

I hook my laptop up to my lcd tv to play emulators and get the same result without being a collectard.

If you're going to play the genuine thing, actually play the genuine thing. Which you can do through Turbo Everdrive and CD-Rs.

Emulation is certainly a very efficient and viable option for those who like to keep their setups lean and efficient, they are however not the same feeling as playing on authentic hardware. Though I am ignorant to how advanced TG emulation is, typically, emulation has issues with graphical glitches, sound issues, compatibility problems, or simply being outright wrong in their timing. I consider emulation to be a nice way to experience something but not typically the preferred way. I respect people who keep it minimal and simple as well, and don't consider you a.. Non collectard I guess. This is of course ignoring the entire legality of that method as well, but again, it's not my life or concern.

Kinda makes me wonder if there is a sect of collectors who considers non collectors retards, heh.

Medic_wheat

So I take it no one has what the OP is looking for.

Also to the OP:

1) nice set up. I enjoy seeing a well maintained gaming set up. Granted the neon lights would hurt my eyes if I tried to game in such a dark dimly light area. But also I guess I might just be old now a days.

2) jump in on the discussion!  This forum host great monthly threads on various turbo games for members to play or even re-play and talk about their experiences during the month said game is being played as a community.

We are not talking about another best or top what ever list. Just enjoy your games and throw your two cents around like its a whole dollar.

3) you know how this group is. They will respect you more if you give them a jab back then just taking the harassment. Not saying to be a dick in your response but throw a well timed joke back at the peanut crowd.

And FINALY

4) yo-momma.

Yeah. I went there. Do your worst !

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
I'm not sure why people here often try to penalize others for that preference, as it basically comes off as a loser in a small club trying to push away as many people as they can out of spite sort of mentality.

Did you even bother to read gynt's post and the specific sentence he quoted?  He was mocking your outright refusal to discuss games until after you've bought every single title, not your decision to buy 'em all (boxed or otherwise).  Honestly, you come off sounding like just another leech looking to score some sweet deals while not contributing a damn thing to the community.

I also don't really care to hear the complaints of people who want to give me life advice with money.

Tough.   This isn't a one way street, especially not after you opened the thread by calling us out as a bunch of jerks and spewing a bunch of other crap that had little to do with buying games.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles