Author Topic: WTB: 6 Complete US TG16/SuperCD games.  (Read 5199 times)

Black Tiger

My primary purpose to coming to this forum was to find resources, information and of course to gather up the stuff I wanted.

This sums it all up. Who mentioned leech? [emoji19]

Why else would people come to an enthusiast forum? To not gather info and resources? Perhaps a forum about not learning?

To contribute, interact and share your experiences.

"Enthusiast" is a meaningless word without the associated interest. As has been pointed out to you since you got here, this is primarily a game enthusiast forum. Most people here appreciate all aspects of the Turbo/PCE world, but market/hoarding/hunting/profiting enthusiasm is limited to a handful of regulars.

Besides bragging, so far the only thing you've talked about wanting to contribute is cash for goods and buying Turbo games as fast as you can, while playing them insignificantly by comparison. That's fine, but why play dumb about all the attention (good or bad) you actively seek out from a game enthusiast forum? Why not just embrace your unashamed trolling?
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

sirhcman

I'm not sure if you're genuinely inquiring or not, but i'll answer politely just in case. These particular bookshelves are sold at Ikea and are branded as just Billy if I recall. They are nice because despite the simple look are actually incredibly durable (in that you can double layer tons of stuff on it, they won't bow). Aside from that, the store sells additional shelving so you can add as much or little shelving per unit as you like. While i'm somewhat handy, I did not want to put up the shelving for as much stuff as I have (what I showed here was only a really small piece)

Thanks, I was actually curious. I was looking at the "Billy" shelving the other week on their site, I am in the market for new shelving for my gameroom!

geise

I bet your shelves would buckle if you put a nice CRT and a Laseractive on there.  I know every time I put my hand under my shelves it is at risk of collapse.

A risk one should be willing to take to play on a CRT.

jelloslug

and yesterday got into contact with another user and bought something like 3600 dollars of games from him.

Which user?

Me

esteban

|    | 

HailingTheThings

and yesterday got into contact with another user and bought something like 3600 dollars of games from him.

Which user?

Me

Joking, I'm sure?

I wasn't gonna "Go after" said seller, just was curious. Thought maybe madboom resurfaced? I used to buy stuff from him sometimes, then after his whole "repro map mishap," he disappeared. Haven't heard from him. I thought maybe he killed himself.

I know a lot of people hate him now because of that whole thing that happened and stuff, but for a time he was pretty helpful to me and used to give me "deals" on some stuff. I know I wouldn't have a CIC Bonk 3 HuCARD if it wasn't for that shadow walker.

*sigh*

I feel at times that I miss more people than others have had the chance to know...

penispenispenis

gatsu25

I don't see any harm in somebody wanted to complete their collection.  He gets enjoyment out of it, whatever his reasons may be.  The Turbografx is expensive because it is hard stuff to find, and it is probably the best failed system to have ever existed.  It's not some conspiracy about people who are buying up all the games and screwing over the "real fans".

I honestly think its a bit sad that he is simply asking for the games he needs, and gets so much negativity.  I also don't think he needs to justify it like he has.

Some of this negativity towards collecting comes off as jealousy to me.

esteban

I don't see any harm in somebody wanted to complete their collection.  He gets enjoyment out of it, whatever his reasons may be.  The Turbografx is expensive because it is hard stuff to find, and it is probably the best failed system to have ever existed.  It's not some conspiracy about people who are buying up all the games and screwing over the "real fans".

I honestly think its a bit sad that he is simply asking for the games he needs, and gets so much negativity.  I also don't think he needs to justify it like he has.

Some of this negativity towards collecting comes off as jealousy to me.

We don't know who he is, and he clearly hasn't taken the the time to get to know this forum.

Surely you understand that it takes time and effort to organically build relationships.

Tact (and an awareness of one's social surroundings) are still important, even in a forum.

:)
  |    | 

jelloslug

penispenispenis

Nope, no bullshit. I have way too many things that just sit on shelves and don't get enjoyed.

jelloslug

We don't know who he is, and he clearly hasn't taken the the time to get to know this forum.

Surely you understand that it takes time and effort to organically build relationships.

Tact (and an awareness of one's social surroundings) are still important, even in a forum.

Kinda like pissing on everyone that comes to this place that just wants to buy some games?

esteban

Kinda like pissing on everyone that comes to this place that just wants to buy some games?

NEWS FLASH: We are NOT a merchant. We have no obligation to "serve customers" and no mantra that "the customer is always right".

You do understand that TREATING THIS FORUM AS MERELY A MARKETPLACE is fundamentally misunderstanding *everything* and therefore rude/tactless/offensive.

Thank you :)

To the extent that we have a marketplace, it is a courtesy  for members here.

Folks who do not understand this can certainly go to other venues (where other sellers will gladly take their money).

|    | 

Otaking

I personally think it's absolutely fine to want boxed complete games or even go for a complete set.
But as I've said before I think there should be an enforced post count requirement before you can access/view the trades (buy and sell) sections of the forum. This restriction is in place on most of the other forums I go on.

EDIT:
I also think this place would be generally much, much more busy if you restricted access to the trades forums. I honestly think 95% of new members that join, do so to check the trades section and look for a "sweet deal". If these new members had to make 100 posts before they could see the trades sections, by the time they hit a 100 posts they would become invested in forum conversations and following forum topics and become a regular member.

EDIT:
There was a forum poll that ended in favour of a restriction but the restriction was never implemented.
https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=19974.0
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 06:47:16 AM by Otaking »

jelloslug

NEWS FLASH: We are NOT a merchant. We have no obligation to "serve customers" and no mantra that "the customer is always right".

You do understand that TREATING THIS FORUM AS MERELY A MARKETPLACE is fundamentally misunderstanding *everything* and therefore rude/tactless/offensive.

Thank you :)

To the extent that we have a marketplace, it is a courtesy  for members here.

Folks who do not understand this can certainly go to other venues (where other sellers will gladly take their money).

Talk about missing the point completely...  Why would this guy even want to "get to know the community" when everyone here acts like an elitist a$$hole...

geise

Why would this guy even want to "get to know the community" when everyone here acts like an elitist a$$hole...
Because we are elitist a$$holes, and for good reason.  Why help someone that wants stuff to complete his collection and then disappear.  Some things on the list he has but wants to replace cause of "writing" is kinda silly.  There's so much that's been given on these forums over the years only to have it abused.  It gets tiring.  New members and new turbo players really aren't ever going to understand the frustration.

vestcoat

I like how he spent $3,600 in one pop and still needs most of the rares.
#collectardfails