Author Topic: Seattle Retro game stores?  (Read 263 times)

akamichi

Seattle Retro game stores?
« on: June 09, 2016, 09:40:21 PM »
Anybody live in Seattle/Tacoma or familiar with the area?  I'm going to be there for about 2 weeks and figured I'd look around for some 8/16bit stuff while I'm there.  Anybody know of any good places? 

Searching thru Google and FB brought up Pink Gorilla and Smash(?) Gaming.  Those two seem far away from each other.  I'll be working near the Tacoma Dome if that matters.

Thanks!

- akamichi

Gypsy

Re: Seattle Retro game stores?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 04:31:05 AM »
I will say this about Smash gaming. Last year I was selling some SNES games at fairly good prices (mild discount off typical Ebay sold prices) and I ended up selling quite a few of them to that store (shipped to their store directly) for my asking price and they covered shipping. That should tell you something about their sale prices.

xelement5x

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 08:58:28 AM »
I've been to Pink Gorilla before any they're pretty cool, the International district in general is fun to browse through and look around.  And the bookstore at Uwajimaya (sp?) has lots of cool stuff too if you're into anime and the like. 

Pink Gorilla has decent selection but you'd probably never find a "steal" or anything that much better than ebay pricing, but being able to look at something and not pay shipping for it is nice.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Sadler

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 10:54:11 AM »
Yeah, I thought Pink Gorilla was pretty cool too. I also went to Another Castle and they had some TG16/PCE stuff as well. I don't think you'll find great prices at any retro game store, but it's fun to browse.

akamichi

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 01:19:39 PM »
Thanks for all the replies everyone!  Yeah, I had a feeling the prices wouldn't be that good but I do like to browse. :)  It's hard for me to get (S)NES stuff without resorting to online so being able to see things in person is nice.

- akamichi