Author Topic: FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine  (Read 26216 times)

NightWolve

Re: Henshin Engine Game for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2016, 03:33:49 PM »
Gamester81 scares me. :)
You're silly.

He's just a big, huggable, baby gorilla. :)

He has a kind of charm about him... like Lou Ferrigno... a simple, but sincere, growth-hormone-ingesting kind of charm.

I'm serious.
Except for love he showed the Retro VGS/Chameleon.
Heh-heh, yeah, he bought the hype pretty good...

https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=18831.msg424244#msg424244

Don't be that guy: "ctophil"...

See, when enough "ctophiles" are in a forum saying the same thing, there are those that would foolishly think it's some sort of "representative poll" of thousands of other people... I've seen many a good people fall into this trap...

Sometimes, if it's just a dozen people in a thread saying the same thing, you probably should ONLY just count those 12 people instead of thinking their voices represent thousands of other people that didn't have a damn thing to do with the thread or the idea conveyed therein, etc. Don't set the stage up for another knucklehead like Mike Kennedy to come along with his Atari Jaguar shells hoping to cash in...

P. S. NEVAH FORGET!!!

sirhcman

« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2016, 04:14:48 PM »
and.. back to the topic at hand.

284 backers
$18,967 pledged of $16,400 goal
9 days to go

HENSHIN ENGINE!

esteban

« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2016, 05:36:38 PM »
Some people are just stubborn, I guess... yours truly included. Just ask esteban. :lol:

Ha! I'm just as stubborn. :)

HATERS:

Anyway, about gamester81: I never said he was intelligent, but he seems sincere. I think gamester81 was betrayed by Mike Kennedy... So, we can judge gamester81 for his intelligence (or lack thereof), but I do not believe gamester81 would knowingly deceive people.

Again, I like the Lou Ferrigno-element of gamester81: simple, hairy, dedicated

For the record, I am irked by 99% of YouTube video game personalities, including gamester81.
  |    | 

Gredler

« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2016, 10:45:56 PM »
I started a thread for the kickstarter on sega-16. A lot of people there support kickstarters and homebrew, so hopefully they can help reach some of the stretch goals for Sega ports.

I hope this is put on the Kickstarter, because this is a slam dunk. Looks amazing, great job!

esteban

« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2016, 11:24:21 PM »
Dat CastlevampireZ!
  |    | 

nodtveidt

« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2016, 12:15:23 AM »
The revised stage 2 is almost complete. Hopefully these images show up... they're hotlinked from FB. :P

...and we're now up to $19,348. :D

sirhcman

« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2016, 01:33:58 AM »
Looks good Rover, thanks for sharing the updates!

esadajr

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2016, 04:55:04 AM »
so it's also a shooter! sweet! Is it March yet?
Gaming since 1985

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2016, 05:03:54 AM »
I hope this is put on the Kickstarter...

lolwut?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

sirhcman

« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2016, 05:17:13 AM »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2016, 05:22:14 AM »
Oh, add the images to the campaign page.

I'm slow.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

NightWolve

« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2016, 05:50:56 AM »
Yeah, how did Yuki fly on over to "Lucretia - Demon Princess" ??? Is there a working storyline for how this happens or just a case of throwing sprites around, adding more witch sprites to Lucretia ?? ;)

I dunno, Gamester81 held on even after the incontrovertible proof ended up on AtariAge.

Not really trying to talk smack about the guy, he does come across like a genuinely nice guy in his videos, and I don't think he deliberately tried to fool people, but did he even ever really apologize for how long he kept up the love? I didn't see anything on his website indicating that.
Yeah, he apologized on Youtube and explained his relationship with Mike Kennedy, how he was approached, etc. Clear apology in the description, "I'm very sorry to the Atari Age community" and stating RetroVGS was beyond defending at that point. Guilty of being purty gullible/ignorant/naive (says so himself, same 3 words), buying into "the scheme dream of retroland," sure, but a deliberate scammer/con-man, no/nah.

Of course there's always a reluctance given pride to admit how badly you got egg on your face till the very end, many are guilty of this, but yeah... On the flipside, he kind of has it both ways in the video, he's angry with Pat the NES Punk who called it like it is, tries to give weasel counter-points/thoughts in his defense (what it is) - it's iffy...

We here at PCEFX BTW grew to love Mike Kennedy and his "winning team..." No other man has ever generated so much lulz at his expense and we thank him for the experience! I can't think or know of a more entertaining thread in the history of this forum than the RetroVGS one! :lol:

#RetroVGS! #ColecoChameleon! #NEVAH FORGET!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 11:59:34 AM by NightWolve »

Black Tiger

« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2016, 06:43:58 AM »
Yeah, how did Yuki fly on over to "Lucretia - Demon Princess" ??? Is there a working storyline for how this happens or just a case of throwing sprites around, adding more witch sprites to Lucretia ?? ;)

That Lucretia stage was a placeholder. The pics that Rover posted last are what the same stage looks like now, although some elements from that Lucretia stage have been used with different palettes. As you can see in the first pic, it's inspired by Cotton.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

nodtveidt

« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2016, 01:31:58 PM »
Here is a new build video with the revised stage graphics. It's not perfect just yet but it's getting close to completion.

NightWolve

« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2016, 01:41:06 PM »
Is that what they call a "fake parallax" effect implemented that I see ??? ;)

Another nice, interesting sound track for this stage BTW! :)