Author Topic: FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine  (Read 26834 times)

geise

Re: Henshin Engine Game for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2016, 03:11:15 AM »
Very awesome!  Glad they made it!

Gredler

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2016, 05:56:55 AM »
Congrats on the success fellers, and good luck on the rest of the campaign - I hope your stretch goals meet the point you hope they do :P
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 07:50:07 AM by Gredler »

NightWolve

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2016, 06:16:37 AM »
Yeah, it's great to see them succeed and possibly head towards a stretch goal, though I personally don't care about the Dreamcast. A hearty congrats to all involved!!

Sarumaru's had some kind of marketing background if I'm not mistaken ? Between his established store, brand, contacts, and promotional travels to conventions, etc. you can understand how this got off the ground and made it to this point.

Well, first Kickstarter that I backed, I trust I won't be disappointed, right guys ?? ;)

Gamester81 scares me. :)
You're silly.

He's just a big, huggable, baby gorilla. :)

He has a kind of charm about him... like Lou Ferrigno... a simple, but sincere, growth-hormone-ingesting kind of charm.

I'm serious.

Well put!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2016, 06:22:46 AM »
I was not able to weigh in this morning, I'll have to follow up tomorrow, but it's not looking/feeling good from the amount of beers and food I had over the weekend. The weekdays are easy for me to not eat at work and be careful when I get home, but the weekends are rough to say the least - gluttonous fun -but rough on the diet.

Wrong thread, gomer.  :P

But here's a free Yuki:

U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

NightWolve

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2016, 06:29:06 AM »
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I quickly glanced at his post and wondered what the deal was, but moved on to other threads.

nodtveidt

« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2016, 07:22:28 AM »
Sarumaru's had some kind of marketing background if I'm not mistaken ? Between his established store, brand, contacts, and promotional travels to conventions, etc. you can understand how this got off the ground and made it to this point.
Not just Sarumaru... Jesse Hernandez is the marketing and promotional magician behind-the-scenes, and the campaign had the backing and directorial expertise of Pyre Productions. Saru's connected af and that did indeed help a ton.

esadajr

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2016, 07:50:42 AM »
Congrats on reaching the goal. I'm spreading the word as much as I can. There is a Spanish FB group I frequent and just told them about it. Either secure your copy or why not, make the Dreamcast version happen.

Gaming since 1985

Gredler

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2016, 07:54:16 AM »
Well, first Kickstarter that I backed, I trust I won't be disappointed, right guys ?? ;)

Same here - don't let my first KS backing go to waste! :P

I was not able to weigh in this morning, I'll have to follow up tomorrow, but it's not looking/feeling good from the amount of beers and food I had over the weekend. The weekdays are easy for me to not eat at work and be careful when I get home, but the weekends are rough to say the least - gluttonous fun -but rough on the diet.

Wrong thread, gomer.  :P

Thx, tabbed browsing before coffee and is not recommended! :)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 07:56:09 AM by Gredler »

jtucci31

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2016, 11:39:43 AM »
Finally backed. Have been busy and away doing stuff. Can't wait to play the game and I'm so excited that it's already reached its goal! Congrats!!!!!!  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

nopepper

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2016, 12:10:11 PM »
This is my first Kickstarter as well, so hope this is worth it.

Congrats on meeting the goal!

Black Tiger

« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2016, 01:26:24 PM »
I started a thread for the kickstarter on sega-16. A lot of people there support kickstarters and homebrew, so hopefully they can help reach some of the stretch goals for Sega ports.

http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

MrBroadway

« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2016, 01:34:14 PM »
Gamester81 scares me. :)

You're silly.

He's just a big, huggable, baby gorilla. :)

He has a kind of charm about him... like Lou Ferrigno... a simple, but sincere, growth-hormone-ingesting kind of charm.

I'm serious.
Except for love he showed the Retro VGS/Chameleon.

nodtveidt

« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2016, 02:31:07 PM »
That's not necessarily a bad thing though... a lot of people were hoping that that would actually happen, and CollectorVision was working on an exclusive game for it to support it and raise interest. Sadly, the game in question was... very subpar, to put it mildly... and didn't help its perception at all. Anthony and I tried to steer them in the right direction but I think it fell on deaf ears in the end.

MrBroadway

« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2016, 02:39:19 PM »
That's not necessarily a bad thing though... a lot of people were hoping that that would actually happen, and CollectorVision was working on an exclusive game for it to support it and raise interest. Sadly, the game in question was... very subpar, to put it mildly... and didn't help its perception at all. Anthony and I tried to steer them in the right direction but I think it fell on deaf ears in the end.
I dunno, Gamester81 held on even after the incontrovertible proof ended up on AtariAge.

Not really trying to talk smack about the guy, he does come across like a genuinely nice guy in his videos, and I don't think he deliberately tried to fool people, but did he even ever really apologize for how long he kept up the love? I didn't see anything on his website indicating that.

nodtveidt

« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2016, 03:31:21 PM »
Some people are just stubborn, I guess... yours truly included. Just ask esteban. :lol: