Author Topic: FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine  (Read 27080 times)

NightWolve

Re: Henshin Engine Game for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine
« Reply #120 on: October 02, 2016, 06:32:57 AM »
Thanks for reporting that. I just sent you a test email right now.

Can you check your profile settings to see if you have unchecked receiving notifications/announcements ?

There was a feature to veto people who set their accounts not to receive any email notifications. I don't remember if I checked it again when I got things to work... I had trouble several times with the feature before it finally worked, so I wouldn't be surprised at failed or skipped attempts, etc.
Override Notification Settings
Send this to members even if they have chosen not to receive announcements.

That's the feature's text, and that might be a reason you didn't get an email, if not, it's just not that great a system and oh well...

EDIT: Your account has "Allow users to email me" unchecked AKA 'off' AKA 'No!'... Yeah, I forgot to check that box to veto your decision not to allow yourself to be emailed by anyone here... :P Most likely, anyway. This might explain why the email blast took 5 hours, and not the 15 hours I predicted. Ah well!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 06:42:32 AM by NightWolve »

Lost Monkey

« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2016, 06:49:38 AM »
Ok - that makes sense - there were probably a lot fewer notices sent out then...

NightWolve

« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2016, 07:03:56 AM »
Maybe on the last day of the Kickstarter, I'll do it once more, make sure that particular box is checked, etc. People who already got an email might be annoyed at a second one, but I figure it's easily forgivable for a good cause as fan homebrew CD productions for a retro system like this don't happen every other day, so... They are registered with PCEngineFX, it's right up their alley in principle.

blueraven

« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2016, 07:35:07 AM »
Maybe on the last day of the Kickstarter, I'll do it once more, make sure that particular box is checked, etc. People who already got an email might be annoyed at a second one, but I figure it's easily forgivable for a good cause as fan homebrew CD productions for a retro system like this don't happen every other day, so... They are registered with PCEngineFX, it's right up their alley in principle.

I think that this is one instance where you shouldn't feel bad about spamming people. We've got 3-4 days left!! and like you said its not like this opportunity comes around every day. The team has been working their asses off on this and they deserve as much help as they can get...

And that treasure box!.. TREASUREBATHH!!!!
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

TheOldMan

« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2016, 07:39:51 AM »

NightWolve ... Did you also change the text on the main screen? (It used to advertise cases.) If so, you might want to fix it....

Was already ahead of ya, that was the easiest thing to do. Did you not check it before posting ? 

I saw it. Not what I meant.
I'm gonna go play BonkE now....

MrBroadway

« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2016, 08:02:36 AM »
Henshine Engine's the sequel.

NightWolve

« Reply #126 on: October 02, 2016, 08:10:31 AM »
Hm, I don't get it, I cheated and went ahead for another email blast, but...the email queue says there are only 2,473 addresses which contradicts the full 5,488 member count that is shown prior to the final screen... I dunno what the explanation is, that notify-all option was checked for sure, but anyway, I won't be using it again. :/ But Lost Monkey, keep an eye out if it includes you this time.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 08:21:37 AM by NightWolve »

NightWolve

« Reply #127 on: October 02, 2016, 08:31:31 AM »
Yeah, but I guess it's a bug, the override option for a mod/admin doesn't work (I *tried* to veto ya!)... I double-checked this time, but anyway...

Joe Redifer

« Reply #128 on: October 02, 2016, 09:44:40 AM »
Stop sending out announcements from the forum about this damn game! 3 in the last 24 hours! Enough is enough!

NightWolve

« Reply #129 on: October 02, 2016, 10:15:22 AM »
Stop sending out announcements from the forum about this damn game! 3 in the last 24 hours! Enough is enough!
I responded more over here to his drama queen thread since he's gone off into temper tantrum land...  :roll:

The admin/mod group, about a handful of us (Necro, me, him/GameSack Joe, Aaron, etc.) will have seen 3 emails, as I tested things after activating the email queue feature for the first time (so only us mods/admins got the first test email)... The real email blast to everyone failed, left out 2,500 emails, so I tried a 2nd time, but it's a bug and I didn't reach the other 2,500 emails that were excluded the first time around. Yeah, ZOMG, let's get REALLY REALLY angry about this and start other threads over it!!

Summary: Regular members got 1-2 emails, the 2nd WITH apology if repeated was trying to reach the excluded half of the member list due to a bug. IF I had a technical means, I would've targeted just the half that was excluded, but it wasn't possible!! A mod/admin (YOU) got an initial test email, so yeah, ZOMG, we mods/admins got 3 EMAILS TOTAL!!! I'M MAD, NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 02:50:22 PM by NightWolve »

Joe Redifer

« Reply #130 on: October 02, 2016, 10:50:44 AM »
Yes how dare I speak up about lots of spam going out. Silly me. Start your circle jerk now, everyone.

NightWolve

« Reply #131 on: October 02, 2016, 11:13:53 AM »
Yes how dare I speak up about lots of spam going out. Silly me. Start your circle jerk now, everyone.

It was already explained to you that *only* 2 emails went out to our members, the 2nd attempt was to overcome a bug/issue that excluded half/2,500 email addresses the first time around! You got a first test email being part of the mod/admin groups when I was learning the system, so stop characterizing this as "lots of spam" as if I emailed you 1000 times... I'm very sorry it was 3 for just you, me, Necro, etc. but you can be very sure I'll avoid touching your account again... I hope you didn't break a nail in the laborious process of having to delete 3 emails... ONCE AGAIN, VERY SORRY!

Lost Monkey

« Reply #132 on: October 02, 2016, 12:22:13 PM »
Oh shit - I just got my first email about Henshin Engine...

Everyone just calm down, we can get through this as a community!

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #133 on: October 02, 2016, 12:59:51 PM »
Christ enough with the e-mails. :P Joking, pledged $46. Hope that helps.

NightWolve

« Reply #134 on: October 02, 2016, 01:03:08 PM »
Just got emailed/spammed by Kickstarter about your pledge since I followed ya! Thanks, brutha!! :) We're up to 381 at present.

I did break a nail today having to delete 5 other spam emails, but such is life... Nobody knows my pain... :/