Author Topic: FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine  (Read 27091 times)

nodtveidt

Re: Henshin Engine Game for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine
« Reply #225 on: October 08, 2016, 06:25:50 AM »
The scene is unfinished but here's a work-in-progress.

Arches added.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 04:16:07 PM by The Old Rover »

esteban

« Reply #226 on: October 08, 2016, 07:25:26 AM »
f*ckING GORGEOUS. YOU HAVE TO HAVE BONUS LEVELS THAT REUSE ALL THESE ASSETS. f*ck ME, I AM IN LOVE.
  |    | 

nodtveidt

« Reply #227 on: October 08, 2016, 07:27:40 AM »
Meanwhile, in the hallway...

seieienbu

« Reply #228 on: October 08, 2016, 07:36:11 AM »
Seriously, this looks like the best Castlevania game that never was.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

« Reply #229 on: October 08, 2016, 08:03:49 AM »

But *WHERE* are the MODE7 chandeliers?!?!?!?

:)

DISCLAIMER: I actually like the SNES/SFC installments, so don't harass me. :)
  |    | 

technozombie

« Reply #230 on: October 08, 2016, 09:07:16 AM »

I played through Rondo of Blood and Super Castlevania for the first time last year. As someone who looks back at each game without nostalgia glasses, Rondo of Blood is the superior game.

Back on topic: Going around showing a playable demo is a hell of a lot better than how most kickstarters....ummmm.....kick off. They had a working game BEFORE they started asking for money.

blueraven

« Reply #231 on: October 08, 2016, 09:10:17 AM »

Rover brings a bucket of awesome to the thread, and you ask about chandeliers?

In the middle of all of this you want him to decorate the MF?

I suppose that you want candles and shit too. And a pony.

Yeah those chandeliers in Castlevania were pretty dope.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

nodtveidt

« Reply #232 on: October 08, 2016, 09:32:30 AM »
Back on topic: Going around showing a playable demo is a hell of a lot better than how most kickstarters....ummmm.....kick off. They had a working game BEFORE they started asking for money.
...and yet we still have idiot motherf*ckers saying that our game is a scam and doesn't exist. Figure that one out. This would have to be the most elaborate scam ever devised... which wouldn't be possible in the first place if I'm as inept as the haters claim I am.

esteban

« Reply #233 on: October 08, 2016, 11:19:48 AM »
...and yet we still have idiot motherf*ckers saying that our game is a scam and doesn't exist. Figure that one out. This would have to be the most elaborate scam ever devised... which wouldn't be possible in the first place if I'm as inept as the haters claim I am.

I hear your frustration.

INSANITY.

On a more positive note, I heard that this stage of Henshin Engine will feature  *skeletons riding motorcycles* as an *homage to Castlevania 64*

Now *that* was the peek of Castevania, IMHO.  64Xthe awesome. 64Xmotorcycleskeletons.

|    | 

nodtveidt

« Reply #234 on: October 08, 2016, 12:59:10 PM »
I finished the outside part of the castle... this was more work than I anticipated but since I am so dedicated to the art of scamming coding, it's all done.

nodtveidt

« Reply #235 on: October 08, 2016, 01:29:05 PM »
And just so people don't think I'm trying to show off mockups as actual ingame screencaps, here's a video that proves that we're working hard.

esteban

Henshin Engine Game for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine
« Reply #236 on: October 08, 2016, 01:48:09 PM »
That video was awesome! I love the bats, the chain on the drawbridge, and Yuki's squat-punch.
  |    | 

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #237 on: October 08, 2016, 02:30:47 PM »
Note that my scummy, incompetent ass, who cannot even make a master CD without assistance (nevermind the fact that the only thing I actually needed were CDRs that didn't have holes in them... my technique was correct the whole time), still has to add the arches, the bats, and the drawbridge chains... new shots soon.

Rover, I am only going to say this one time:

Stop parading through the development process of this game, drawing attention to things said negatively about you in nearly every post you make.   

You do not need to constantly bring up all the heckler/skeptic speech that you've attracted.  In just two pages of this thread, you've already overdone it. It's giving people a reason to say more.  You don't need to play the self-defeatist pity card to the PCEFX forum.  Everyone here knows you have good intentions with getting this game done.

Now, on the topic of that CD assistance thing: 

Your technique might have been "correct" when building and generating the stuff for MSR in terms of producing a bin/cue or iso/cue, but, you definitely had audio track issues and other alignment issues that needed to be sorted out. 

We *definitely* had to assist you, and you came to us for the help.  You even said you didn't know what was up.  We didn't either, and had to dig in to sort it out.  It was interesting, and a good learning experience for everyone involved. 

Please do not lie and act as if none of that actually happened, because it did.  You had some issues, we gladly helped you sort them all out and get your game pressed, and that's that.

Also, please don't insult people's intelligence with such made up excuses so far after the fact.  It wasn't "holes in your CDRs".  If the CDRs had physical integrity issues, they would not even try to go as far along as you got before data errors popped up.

Want to know how I know this?

I eat alot of chips.  OldMan was chain smoking at the time.  They have a cat.  I excitedly launched a CD into a case at his house without really being careful, at like 4AM.   It got a little scuff probably from my chipfingers, some cat hair that ended up on the tray, or a little cigarette ash. 

They refused to even TRY to use this CD, as it didn't pass their FIRST wave of checks.   Had your CDRs "just had holes in them", you would have been stopped at that point as well.   One slight imperfection in the physical checking process will make them not even waste time proceeding.  Spotting a hole is one of the easiest things to do.  Even a small pinhole. 

You know this.  I know this. 

This is why when you pressed MSR, I said to be super careful when sending a disc.  I already went through them saying "this disc is physically unfit.  send a better one.".

This is really not cool.

I imagine that the reason some people still bring it up as a flame point is because you sort of arrogantly talked about how stupid the pressing house was, and how you knew better.

...and yet, the entire time, you did in fact have some data issues, and now here you are deflecting and even making up absurd excuses for why you had issues.

Back then, I even *asked* you why you were being so arrogant about it, while asking us for help.   Your reply on IRC was "because I can.".

The people are not flaming you because you needed help.   Nobody actually cares if someone needs assistance.

It's because of how you went about it, and how you now are sort of downplaying it and acting like you were all set.   Just admit you had some pressing issues and needed some help.   That's going to do more to shut up the hecklers than drawing attention to their words while effectively throwing us under the bus.  It makes their attempts to make fun of you no longer valid via accepting the actual truth of what happened, instead of giving them more things to laugh at when you come up with such goony ass excuses for what was wrong.

I personally don't appreciate that shit.   Don't make people regret helping you.

We helped because making the PC Engine dev scene kick back into overdrive was one of Aetherbyte's goals.

Don't put a sour taste in people's mouths.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

nodtveidt

« Reply #238 on: October 08, 2016, 04:14:35 PM »
I was pretty irritated. I'm pretty much over it now. Ranting is how I deal with shit sometimes. You do plenty of ranting too, so... yeah. :P

The past is the past. I'm fine with letting sleeping dogs lie.

EDIT: I deleted my comment. Yeah, I was pissed. I apologize.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 04:16:52 PM by The Old Rover »

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
    • FX Unit Yuki Official Website
« Reply #239 on: October 08, 2016, 04:21:03 PM »
:yuki: "Go forth, FX-Unit Yuki!" http://www.fxunityuki.com
            Available NOW for the PC Engine and Dreamcast!