Author Topic: FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine  (Read 27125 times)

spenoza

Re: Henshin Engine Game for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine
« Reply #375 on: April 28, 2017, 07:30:13 AM »
Well, hurry and wrap that up so we can get you back over here in 6502-land!
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #376 on: April 28, 2017, 08:20:16 AM »

He's got two months to finish up Saber Rider.  That's plenty of time.  :lol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #377 on: April 28, 2017, 10:35:22 PM »

It's basically done.  we're just finalizing production stuff at this point.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

nodtveidt

« Reply #378 on: April 29, 2017, 11:46:54 AM »
There is probably a way to mess with the combined map+palette data, but I don't know how to do that. If that could be done, then it would help out a lot, but I dunno how to do it. What would help more than just the basic map import stuff is to have an option to import a file that contains both the tile index and the palette index at once rather than having to #incbin a map and #inctile/#inctile_ex the tileset... just have one single #incmyawesomemapfileyo or waddat that contains both the palette index and the tile index, so that way the same tile in VRAM could be used with multiple palettes. But alas, no such fun stuff. *sadface* That would have helped a lot for stage 3's parallax... it's loading the same data multiple times. It doesn't hurt the efficiency at all but it just seems redundant and could be done a lot cleaner if HuC allowed ya to do said things natively without goony hacks.

nodtveidt

« Reply #379 on: May 04, 2017, 04:31:57 PM »
This is not a screenshot but a fragment of the map of 4-2. Some tiles were redesigned so more background detail could be added.

It still plays the same as before, it just looks a bit different. No more big empty spaces.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #380 on: May 04, 2017, 04:42:11 PM »
Cool, reminds me of Super Air Zonk with the lil wavey's in the skyline.

Michirin9801

« Reply #381 on: May 04, 2017, 06:47:32 PM »
This is not a screenshot but a fragment of the map of 4-2. Some tiles were redesigned so more background detail could be added.

It still plays the same as before, it just looks a bit different. No more big empty spaces.

♥~YAAAAAAYYYYY~♥

esteban

« Reply #382 on: May 04, 2017, 11:41:09 PM »
Magnifique.
  |    | 

sirhcman

« Reply #383 on: May 05, 2017, 02:54:29 AM »

Looks like this was copied straight from Catastrophy! ;)

elmer

« Reply #384 on: May 05, 2017, 06:20:24 AM »

That looks so much better! Excellent work!  :D

What would help more than just the basic map import stuff is to have an option to import a file that contains both the tile index and the palette index at once rather than having to #incbin a map and #inctile/#inctile_ex the tileset... just have one single #incmyawesomemapfileyo or waddat that contains both the palette index and the tile index, so that way the same tile in VRAM could be used with multiple palettes. But alas, no such fun stuff. *sadface*

You can already do stuff like that just by creating/using a separate conversion step, and some custom assembly-language code, and just #incbin the resulting data.

I could be wrong, but I thought that Arkhan was already doing that in his projects.

HuC itself can also be improved, there's nothing magical about it ... but people have to actually be willing to push-the-envelope and use new tools in order for it to be worth some third-party spending their time to make improvements.

Now is absolutely the wrong time to do that for Henshin Engine, you guys are far-too-far along.

But when/if you start the next project ... that's something for you all to think about.

Gredler

« Reply #385 on: May 05, 2017, 06:40:38 AM »

You must be privy to some screenshots I've not seen,  because that looks gorgeous and much further along than any Catastrophy stuff; a massive improvement from previous iterations - great job henshin team!

Black Tiger

« Reply #386 on: May 05, 2017, 06:52:28 AM »

You must be privy to some screenshots I've not seen,  because that looks gorgeous and much further along than any Catastrophy stuff; a massive improvement from previous iterations - great job henshin team!

That section on its own with a 4 - 6 screen view looks like one of those cat platform towers.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

nodtveidt

« Reply #387 on: May 11, 2017, 02:59:51 PM »
The final public demo of the game will be on display this weekend at the Lvl Up Expo in Las Vegas, NV. I won't be attending this year, but Sarumaru will be there. The release of the finished game is just a few months away. The finished game will be available for play at the Game On Expo in Phoenix, AZ in August. I will be there. :D

shubibiman

« Reply #388 on: May 12, 2017, 07:20:31 AM »
 :clap:
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

esteban

« Reply #389 on: May 12, 2017, 08:54:48 AM »
The final public demo of the game will be on display this weekend at the Lvl Up Expo in Las Vegas, NV. I won't be attending this year, but Sarumaru will be there. The release of the finished game is just a few months away. The finished game will be available for play at the Game On Expo in Phoenix, AZ in August. I will be there. :D

Maravilloso.

:)
  |    |