Author Topic: FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine  (Read 27107 times)

nodtveidt

Re: Henshin Engine Game for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine
« Reply #510 on: August 28, 2017, 03:18:09 PM »
It may be delayed slightly longer due to my illness. We're still working though. I have not been able to really work on it much since I got home from AZ, but now my illness is mostly under control and I have been able to focus.

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
    • FX Unit Yuki Official Website
« Reply #511 on: August 28, 2017, 06:12:53 PM »
We all got some form of sick after the show. I had gotten a bad case of kidney stones while still in AZ, this was the day after the show. When I was getting better, Rover started to get sick. Sometimes real life happens. At this point, I would feel more comfortable saying that the game will likely be out closer to the 1 year anniversary of the kickstarter. On the brighter side, reception at the show for the latest build was great. So far though, our backers have been very understanding with us putting our health first right now. Because even with everything that's going (and there is a LOT going on that I wish I could go into detail about right now) we're still moving closer to finishing this awesome game. We just ask that you bare with us just a wee-bit longer, we promise it'll be worth the short wait. :)
:yuki: "Go forth, FX-Unit Yuki!" http://www.fxunityuki.com
            Available NOW for the PC Engine and Dreamcast!

MNKyDeth

« Reply #512 on: August 28, 2017, 07:31:01 PM »
I know this is the HE thread. But this game Mysterious Song was also put on this system by Rover so it's worth mentioning I think here.

I literally just beat ex mode on Mysterious Song. Tuesday August 29th 2:13am

All three characters were level 61. I farmed the dragons a bit on that dragon island.... Several hours. :)

The maze areas going through the different realities were definitely tough. Once I got to the dragon area part of it I was like dang..... Grinding time to get levels.

I did the entire treasure chest puzzle to get the Herr boss and cocophany was pretty hard at level 61. Fun fact... Marty Friedman was in a band called cocophany.

Anyways... Excellent game. People that play just the normal mode don't know what they are missing out on. And even the normal game is solid in presentation albeit a bit short for those not in the know about ex mode.

I just wanted to say thanks to Rover for bringing these games to us. Overall, all home brew people that are putting out games and translations for this system are simply amazing.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 07:38:25 PM by MNKyDeth »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #513 on: August 29, 2017, 02:32:42 AM »
Even delayed, Yuki will probably ship before Saber Rider and Omar Sharif is even started.  No worries.  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esadajr

« Reply #514 on: August 29, 2017, 06:53:34 AM »
Just reading this. Take it easy guys, health comes first.
Gaming since 1985

nodtveidt

« Reply #515 on: August 29, 2017, 11:11:37 AM »
I was already sick before the show started but like an idiot, I chose to ignore it so I could focus all of my time and energy on the project. That was a stupid move on my part, and my health crashed a few days after the show. I had developed hyperglycemia (due to the stress) a few weeks before the show, which has now become type 2 diabetes.

On the bright side... well, some recent changes to the game code made it a bit better than before. Some of the functions that were written in a hurry in the early days have now been rewritten for better performance. Also, progress has been made on the PC version.

cabbage

« Reply #516 on: August 30, 2017, 03:10:48 AM »
Sucks to hear that, Rover. Don't push yourself so hard! Take your time and maintain your health and sanity :)

nodtveidt

« Reply #517 on: August 31, 2017, 11:39:44 AM »
I think Saru got hit much harder. He had way more health problems over this past year. Even Jesse got hit with health problems that seem related. Black Tiger has health issues as well and I'm sure the stress of this project didn't help. This kind of work seems to be riskier than most would expect. We'll all live though, somehow. :D We have many more games to make after this one. :D

Jester82

« Reply #518 on: August 31, 2017, 01:18:12 PM »
Get well you guys, we can wait. Will be worth it!

esteban

Henshin Engine Game for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine
« Reply #519 on: August 31, 2017, 11:45:24 PM »
It goes without saying: I don't care how long it takes.

:)

I'll bottle some of the water from the Passaic River (near my house) and send it out to you guys. It leaves a "tingling" feeling on the tip of your tongue, so you know it rejuvenates more than the soul.

It might be difficult to ship it to Black_Tiger, though. Canada has strict rules about sending toxins in the mail.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 04:20:21 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #520 on: September 01, 2017, 02:33:10 AM »
I think Saru got hit much harder. He had way more health problems over this past year. Even Jesse got hit with health problems that seem related. Black Tiger has health issues as well and I'm sure the stress of this project didn't help. This kind of work seems to be riskier than most would expect. We'll all live though, somehow. :D We have many more games to make after this one. :D

Yuki is trying to kill y'all!  :shock:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

munchiaz

« Reply #521 on: September 08, 2017, 12:40:05 PM »
You guys feel better soon. Willing to wait until its ready.

nodtveidt

« Reply #522 on: October 06, 2017, 10:14:05 AM »
Just a quick update... production is about to wrap up on this game. We made some last-minute improvements to the end to make things better, but they will not extend dev time by very much (maybe 6 hours, we can afford it :lol:). Final beta testing will begin very soon.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #523 on: October 06, 2017, 04:51:47 PM »
Just a quick update... production is about to wrap up on this game. We made some last-minute improvements to the end to make things better, but they will not extend dev time by very much (maybe 6 hours, we can afford it :lol:). Final beta testing will begin very soon.
Excellent news! Will we see this by Halloween?

nodtveidt

« Reply #524 on: October 06, 2017, 07:17:23 PM »
It won't be released by Halloween, as there's a lead time of about a month to get it pressed, but it will certainly be done before then and in testing to iron out anything we missed. What's kind of interesting is that the PCE and PC versions will probably come out at about the same time because of the lead time to have the discs manufactured; it will only take about a month to code up the PC version, as over 75% of the PCE game code is portable and I have already accounted for the ~25% that isn't (mostly display code, and I've already coded the framework for that).