Author Topic: FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine  (Read 27079 times)

fraggore

Re: Henshin Engine Game for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine
« Reply #645 on: December 04, 2017, 07:06:05 PM »
I am glad the game will still get a release as with the webpage gone i was getting worried i had wasted my money, would be a shame as the game was looking really promising and i was liking the changes you made pretty much everything i mentioned in my youtube video.

you could call it

hengine or shingine
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #646 on: December 05, 2017, 02:57:19 PM »
i need this game to come out....NAAAAOOOO!!!!!

nodtveidt

« Reply #647 on: December 07, 2017, 01:39:33 PM »
It's going to manufacturing next week... finally.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #648 on: December 07, 2017, 07:04:14 PM »
Yay!

esteban

Henshin Engine Game for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine
« Reply #649 on: December 07, 2017, 10:49:05 PM »
It's going to manufacturing next week... finally.

Awesome. [emoji4]

Also, I can’t believe all the garbage surrounding henshin.inc.douche... that was the last thing I expected to see in this thread. [emoji20]
  |    | 

nodtveidt

« Reply #650 on: December 11, 2017, 08:47:20 AM »
Saru's waiting on paperwork for all the legal mumbo jumbo right now. So much red tape, it's nuts. At least things are going smoothly on the legal front now. Oh... and if you have anything with the Henshin Engine brand name on it... hold onto that shit coz you never know, it might be worth a small fortune later on. :D

NightWolve

« Reply #651 on: December 12, 2017, 11:58:55 AM »
Wow, sorry to hear guys! Here I thought when I clicked in this thread I'd see routine update reports... Son of a biotch, what were the odds a bastard had trademarked something similar already and was scanning the net with Google to protect it ?? Pfffffft... Really hard to believe...

Glad I'm not working on anything that could get potentially C&D'ed

Ha!

nodtveidt

« Reply #652 on: December 12, 2017, 05:10:33 PM »
The game itself has reached the point where we can call it completed. I'm doing a ton of tests to iron out any potential issues it may still have though, which requires numerous playthroughs (which is what killed MSR for me, heh). I can honestly say that it will be worth the wait. We have spent seemingly countless hours tweaking and redesigning things to make the game fun but also a good challenge without losing sight of the main focuses of being balanced and, above all else, fair. Not everyone's gonna like the game and there's sure to be people complaining that it took to long to complete but ya know what? You're gonna get that no matter what ya do, so yeah. It's not for everyone but we like it, and if we like it, others will like it too. We did our best to make a game that is enjoyable and that's what matters the most. :)

turboswimbz

« Reply #653 on: December 13, 2017, 02:18:07 AM »
The game itself has reached the point where we can call it completed. I'm doing a ton of tests to iron out any potential issues it may still have though, which requires numerous playthroughs (which is what killed MSR for me, heh). I can honestly say that it will be worth the wait. We have spent seemingly countless hours tweaking and redesigning things to make the game fun but also a good challenge without losing sight of the main focuses of being balanced and, above all else, fair. Not everyone's gonna like the game and there's sure to be people complaining that it took to long to complete but ya know what? You're gonna get that no matter what ya do, so yeah. It's not for everyone but we like it, and if we like it, others will like it too. We did our best to make a game that is enjoyable and that's what matters the most. :)

Thank you.  I look forward to playing it and seeing all that you (and team) put into it.  love it or hate it, just knowing the level of detail you all did is worth it enough to put it up on the old shelf and in the duo.  Homebrew = Lovebrew.   
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

ginoscope

« Reply #654 on: December 13, 2017, 02:37:47 AM »

Thanks and I am looking forward to the game.  I played the demo a few weeks ago and the music and just the tone of the game brought me back to 1993.  You can never please everyone but any new homebrew is always appreciated.

seieienbu

« Reply #655 on: December 13, 2017, 11:33:10 AM »
Since I'm a jerk who didn't pre-order, how do I go about getting the game?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

nodtveidt

« Reply #656 on: December 13, 2017, 01:34:05 PM »
Well, first you wait for it to go to manufacturing, which will be happening as soon as the paperwork clears. :D Then, it'll be available for ordering on the new website, which won't be live until said paperwork clears.

EDIT: Got a late-breaking update... the paperwork hasn't cleared yet because the clerk is a colorblind idiot. WE PRESS ONNNNNN.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 01:58:36 PM by The Old Rover »

Black Tiger

« Reply #657 on: December 15, 2017, 03:45:49 AM »
I recently tried out a beta version of the game formerly known as Henshin Engine in Magic Engine and took screenshots from most of the stages.

The color counts were all 90'ish to 100'ish. The only shot that was only around 50 colors is from the tree top section of the Badonk stage (which does have the gradient and clouds again), but I believe that particular shot only had one or no enemies in it.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Gredler

« Reply #658 on: December 15, 2017, 05:18:56 AM »
Can't wait to see the finished product. Great job BT, everything shown so far is looking awesome!

esteban

« Reply #659 on: December 15, 2017, 07:48:57 AM »
Well, first you wait for it to go to manufacturing, which will be happening as soon as the paperwork clears. :D Then, it'll be available for ordering on the new website, which won't be live until said paperwork clears.

EDIT: Got a late-breaking update... the paperwork hasn't cleared yet because the clerk is a colorblind idiot. WE PRESS ONNNNNN.
I recently tried out a beta version of the game formerly known as Henshin Engine in Magic Engine and took screenshots from most of the stages.

The color counts were all 90'ish to 100'ish. The only shot that was only around 50 colors is from the tree top section of the Badonk stage (which does have the gradient and clouds again), but I believe that particular shot only had one or no enemies in it.

Friggin’ awesome!

Slowly, but surely, we march for Great Justice.
  |    |