Author Topic: FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine  (Read 27138 times)

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
    • FX Unit Yuki Official Website
Re: FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine
« Reply #675 on: December 28, 2017, 08:58:47 AM »
That part hasn't changed. In the comic, she has always been known as FX-Unit Yuki once she's merged with the FX Engine which is simply meant to parody the names of both the PCE and PC-FX but essentially she is a PC Engine. All I did was take her title in the story and make it the title for everything, which we like better because when I created the title "Henshin Engine", I had no plans to expand on the story like I have now. Since the story is a bit convoluted, it means Yuki will have more than likely have a sequel to be able to explain it all. However, FX-Unit Yuki 2 will likely not materialize until 2019.  As far as this game goes, it gets sent to manufacturing after new years cray-crays.

So what you're saying is that I'm a retard and didn't pay close enough attention to the comics?

That sounds about right.  :mrgreen:

The new game title was also present in the intro when Yuki transforms into tits-engine.
:yuki: "Go forth, FX-Unit Yuki!" http://www.fxunityuki.com
            Available NOW for the PC Engine and Dreamcast!

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
« Reply #676 on: January 01, 2018, 09:19:20 PM »
Here's the latest Kickstarter update video  :D

esteban

FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine
« Reply #677 on: January 01, 2018, 11:10:19 PM »
I think the most important point you made in that update (#3) is that, ultimately,  the delays/hassles facing PCE Henshin Engine “now” have very likely saved you from major heartbreak/dilemmas in the near future.

I really think this all worked out for the best, especially when I think about how complicated and ugly it could have gotten once physical copies were released and/or the other teams(s) had already ported the game...

I SEE ONLY GOOD THINGS.

[emoji4]
  |    | 

Gredler

« Reply #678 on: January 02, 2018, 05:43:34 AM »
hahah I love the first stage before and after comparison

schweaty

« Reply #679 on: January 03, 2018, 01:02:39 AM »
I might be in the minority, but i like the new name a little better than the old one.  I also like that it will be an umbrella title for future releases.  More quality homebrew to look forward to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

exodus

« Reply #680 on: January 03, 2018, 07:37:02 AM »
I think the new name is better as wellllllllllll

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
« Reply #681 on: January 04, 2018, 12:52:27 PM »
All of the YouTube posts seem to be positive and everyone seemed to take a liking to the new name which makes me happy. There were a couple sour grapes in the Kickstarter comments though, one guy got on my nerves bad so I offered him a refund. Didn't hear a peep from him since.

As far as the new name goes, if Yuki gets popular enough then those old demo discs might wind up on the eBays  :lol:

MNKyDeth

« Reply #682 on: January 04, 2018, 02:17:36 PM »
I hav a pre-mgc .iso I am willing to sell for $500.  I swear I won't make any copies of the iso and sell it again......

I have mgc cdrom and cdrom packet  with mgc markings.
I also have henshin blank cdrom inserts front and back and two different buttons. All for a measly price of $750. Because of the rarity of course.

Jk ;D

However it makes for fine shelf candy when I want to play or show off something at a very early stage of development or in the making of.....

However... If Saru doesn't mind. I'll host up some of those .iso files I have as the game is so near it's release. Not sure if it matters or not if I throw them up on the net for peeps to see if they missed out on some of the early betas/alphas. For free of course.
I guess I should also mention ... Only if I can even find the iso on my server. :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 02:27:13 PM by MNKyDeth »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #683 on: January 05, 2018, 01:10:03 AM »
What kind of maroon gets mad about the name change?  You backed the game, doofus, not the name.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

turboswimbz

« Reply #684 on: January 05, 2018, 02:52:43 AM »
All of the YouTube posts seem to be positive and everyone seemed to take a liking to the new name which makes me happy. There were a couple sour grapes in the Kickstarter comments though, one guy got on my nerves bad so I offered him a refund. Didn't hear a peep from him since.

As far as the new name goes, if Yuki gets popular enough then those old demo discs might wind up on the eBays  :lol:

Yeah this is the problem with kickstarters.  but ehh only a few people upset is good.  and everyone will get their games and be happy. For a first project and seeing it through all these problems I give you a ton of credit.  Thanks for the project Saru.

let's hope we see a bunch more homebrew and games for the community going forward.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
« Reply #685 on: January 05, 2018, 08:47:05 AM »

Yeah this is the problem with kickstarters.  but ehh only a few people upset is good.  and everyone will get their games and be happy. For a first project and seeing it through all these problems I give you a ton of credit.  Thanks for the project Saru.

let's hope we see a bunch more homebrew and games for the community going forward.

Thanks Swimby! There are many more games I would like to make but no programmers (at least on the PCE side) available to help turn my ideas and arts into games. Because of this, I am considering moving some projects over to the Mega Drive/Genesis where there are more willing programmers. Rover will be busy working on the PC port of Yuki as well as Lucretia after the PCE port of Yuki is out. And quite frankly, I really want to utilize him for FX-Unit Yuki 2 and don't want him to burn out before then because his brain is overloaded with Yuki as it is. So if anyone knows any programmers who are willing to do some contract work for some fun projects, send em my way :)

Also, looks like Yuki made a small appearance towards the end of Metal Jesus Rocks new vid towards then end. I'll link the timestamp;

EDIT: Y'all can help raise more Yuki awareness on the youtubes by commenting on this video about Yuki! Or on any Yuki videos on the webs. Everything helps and I think more PCE awareness isn't a bad thing.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 08:50:39 AM by Ѕarumaru »

turboswimbz

« Reply #686 on: January 05, 2018, 09:50:07 AM »
Yuki at
43:30
https://youtu.be/_85mi8i7fs0?t=2613

I'll def send anyone I can your way.  I'd help out if I was any good at coding. 
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

seieienbu

« Reply #687 on: January 05, 2018, 10:05:57 AM »
Good on the word getting spread; I hope the game sells well!
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

« Reply #688 on: January 05, 2018, 11:08:20 AM »
I saw Yuki as 43:30
  |    | 

NightWolve

« Reply #689 on: January 13, 2018, 10:42:27 AM »
Yuki at
43:30
https://youtu.be/_85mi8i7fs0?t=2613

Cool, a proud, new owner of a Duo-R and a Henshin Engine supporter! Brings a tear to my eye. :)

#BePCELove