Author Topic: FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine  (Read 27090 times)

Gredler

Re: FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine
« Reply #720 on: February 07, 2018, 05:44:37 PM »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #721 on: February 08, 2018, 01:29:18 AM »
Cuz riders gonna rrrrrrrrriiiide... Saber Riders gonna rrrrrrrriiidddeee...off with all yo money!  :lol:

Heh, good one.  :mrgreen:

I saw some comments from the dude on Twitter saying he didn't want to post any updates to his Kickstarter page because there's too much negativity.  People are negative because of the lack of updates, but I'm sure MORE lack of updates will fix it, right?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #722 on: February 09, 2018, 05:29:10 PM »
I saw some comments from the dude on Twitter saying he didn't want to post any updates to his Kickstarter page because there's too much negativity.  People are negative because of the lack of updates, but I'm sure MORE lack of updates will fix it, right?

Honestly, there is some merit to not wanting to post KS updates since for some reason, KS is the biggest breeding ground for shitposting/idiocy.   It's just chock full of "I paid so I can be a cunt" people, regardless of the project, and you'll see those same people being less aggressive on FB, or forums.   It's f*cking weird.

If Rover posted about his PCE delays caused by illness there, I'm sure there's be flailing on the Henshin one. 

Not sure what exactly's going on with SR for PCE though.   They got Joshprod to publish every version (which goes against what I agreed on when I said we'd do the game), changed aritists, revamped the art, and have been showing off some nice looking stuff.... just not for PCE since ... yep.

Might want to just bump that thread to make fun of it instead of side-shit-talking in this one where any discussion's going to clog up this thread, lol.

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

NightWolve

« Reply #723 on: February 10, 2018, 09:07:22 AM »

First we pray, THEN we rrrrrrriiiiiddddde... I like it! I think ole comrade Ninja with his glossy Turbo Duo would appreciate that too. ;)

nodtveidt

« Reply #724 on: February 14, 2018, 01:28:31 PM »
OK so we weren't kidding when we said we had just a little left to finish up. We're in the final testing phase now, squashing the little bugs that remain. For actual dev work, all that's left is one short scene and one enemy type, neither of which will take much more time to add in and test. There were a couple of oversights along the way that needed filling in, nothing too major. It's mainly just been a matter of ironing out any anomalies along the way.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #725 on: February 15, 2018, 02:16:45 AM »
OK so we weren't kidding when we said we had just a little left to finish up.
Our Valentines Day gift! Thanks you.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

nodtveidt

« Reply #726 on: February 15, 2018, 05:41:26 AM »
Yeah, we are just a few dev hours away from passing the code over to the port teams.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #727 on: February 15, 2018, 05:45:17 AM »
Sweet!  I can't wait for that PC-FX port.  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nodtveidt

« Reply #728 on: February 15, 2018, 08:47:06 AM »
I may do a port to the PC-FX myself if the SCSI code in the toolchain gets updated. :D

Gredler

« Reply #729 on: February 15, 2018, 11:48:28 AM »

Congrats to you and the crew!

nodtveidt

« Reply #730 on: February 15, 2018, 02:19:16 PM »
Yep, we are literally almost there. I am over halfway done with the final in-house test; quite a few little quirks were corrected along the way and some AI was tweaked for balance. Finishing off stage 5 now; only two stages remain to be put through their paces before we can call this game done. The source will be shipped off tomorrow to the various porters. We will probably do a final gamer test to see if any other issues still exist, and then ship this off to the pressing house at long last.

nodtveidt

« Reply #731 on: February 18, 2018, 08:29:59 PM »
It is done. The 23 month production of FX Unit Yuki has come to an end. We'll be running some final tests to ensure that everything is up to speed. The RC was sent off to Saru a few minutes ago so he can have his local people give it a full playtest.

TheClash603

« Reply #732 on: February 19, 2018, 03:02:39 AM »
It is done. The 23 month production of FX Unit Yuki has come to an end. We'll be running some final tests to ensure that everything is up to speed. The RC was sent off to Saru a few minutes ago so he can have his local people give it a full playtest.

Congrats!  Now take a break for a little bit!

Gredler

« Reply #733 on: February 19, 2018, 04:34:57 AM »
Mission accomplished, can't wait to see it!

Congratulations on the job well done, and for having the perseverance to see it through! Bravo!

nodtveidt

« Reply #734 on: February 19, 2018, 12:45:35 PM »
As soon as testing is done, a break comes. :D A few issues were noted so far, so I've made some bugfixes and such. There was a collision glitch, an animation glitch, and a lockup glitch, plus a few uninitialized variables. Nothing major, really. I did forget to implement one teensy little feature, so I'm adding that in now. We also managed to fix an older sprite glitch that has plagued the game for awhile, which was a result of me being retarded in my methodology for more advanced stages.