Author Topic: NES classic  (Read 12515 times)

esadajr

Re: NES classic
« Reply #135 on: April 18, 2017, 03:57:53 AM »
Discontinuing it means the flippers and scalpers win. Nintendo is losing a lot of potential money and sales , if they would have met demands and produced more of these, they would have sold well.

I guess they dont want to make money lol

They could have sold a 100 million units easily but didn't want to. Baffles me.

Let's see who has the last laugh, when the holiday season comes.
Gaming since 1985

technozombie

« Reply #136 on: April 18, 2017, 04:12:48 AM »
Fair enough, I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying, I don't really get why you're labeling people expressing their frustration with Nintendo's product strategy as "fanboys" though.

It's simple: in Zeta's mind, Nintendo is always right.  You either do things their way or you lose money hand over fist.

If that's as deep into what I'm saying as you can see...I guess you still get the point. Be it wisdom or belligerence, Nintendo has lost many many billions less than Sony and MS have in the last 15 years since Sega died and they didn't do this by just listening to Twitter feedback and fat f*cks on YouTube. The success of the NES Classic is something MS and Sony would gladly enjoy but never could: a highly profitable well engineered yet sub-$100 item sells way beyond expectations, the entire project going from announcement to completion in less than a year.

I'm not saying they are always right. Painting me a loyal to any billion dollar corporation shows your willful missing of my point, as you have been doing here...since before Sega died. I'm not shitting on fanboys because say something contrary to Nintendo, I'm shitting on them because they say something counter to their own level of expertise which is usually zero.

If anyone here ACTUALLY MAKES SOMETHING then their standing increased significantly. People who live off eBay, work in food service, cops, lawyers,  bankers, the IT crowd, clerks, clergy, etc...I don't tell them how to make sales quotas so it's annoying to hear them pretend they know how to make a video game when an existing one doesn't meet every one of their criteria.

Obviously Elmer, Arkhan, Old Rover, Nightwolve, etc have significantly more standing since they have a greater understanding of what this kind of work is, although obviously that's very far removed. People who make anything are rare in the US nowadays but they do exist and those aren't the people who have done the most complaining from what I've seen. Mostly it's a bunch of no-nothing losers who couldn't even draw a picture of the NES Classsic let alone design one.

It's like the guy who loves to say "I told you so." except he didn't and he wasn't right about anything anything anyway. He's just f*cking annoying.

Have you ever tested a prototype of something for a year only to have the project canceled because another design turned out to be a better idea? Have you ever worked on a project for five years and then see it tank because a supplier f*cked up a minor part? Ever seen your sales reduced by a more popular but ultimately shittier competitor's product because of the price? Do you work in product certification and safety? Those are people with insight. If you had to shove your boss at 7-11 because you needed to get fired so you could go to the Gathering of the Juggaloes and now it's going to suck because you planned on having a NES classic in your meth tent, then please just f*ck the f*ck off.
Sorry,  but I'm  not getting your argument either.  The engineering, coding, and production  facilities are already  in place.  Nintendo would literally make more profit the more units they sale since they've  already put the work in on the front-end.  A slow trickle would prevent over producing, and they could curtail production as demand begins to diminish. Nintendo obviously has their reasons,  but this is definitely  a bad public image move. My guess is that they are ending production  because of an impending virtual console on the Switch.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Johnpv

« Reply #137 on: April 18, 2017, 05:30:53 AM »
Sorry,  but I'm  not getting your argument either.  The engineering, coding, and production  facilities are already  in place. 

Not necessarily.  Obviously Nintendo doesn't actually own any factories of their own, and it's possible that the facilities that could make one are all booked already making other products.  I also wouldn't doubt that given the chance to buy time at a factory to make this or make more Switches, they're probably going to go with the Switch, which will make them way more money in the long run.  I'm not saying they should discontinue this, but it's not as easy as calling the factory and saying make more!  It is often that time at these facilities are bought months ahead of time, and by the time any of them opened up Nintendo felt it was in their best interest to buy that time for the Switch instead.  Plus as you said Switch VC is probably coming soon, and it would be hard to sell NES titles for 5 bucks a pop when you can buy a machine with 30 of them, containing many of the most popular titles for 60 bucks. 

Again it sucks for folks who want one, but in some ways I can see why they've done it.  I also think the ease at which it was hacked probably turned them off to the product.  Yes everything ends up hackable, but this thing is stupidly easy to hack.  I don't know anyone who bought one (in person) who didn't hack there's.   

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #138 on: April 18, 2017, 06:03:03 AM »
If that's as deep into what I'm saying as you can see...

It's the crux of your argument: Nintendo makes money off games and nobody else does, ergo nobody is allowed to say anything negative about Nintendo.  It's the same Nintendo fanboy bullshit your spew every time they're questioned or criticized.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #139 on: April 18, 2017, 06:13:21 AM »
I stand by the expectation that some sort of re-designed model with a few more games and no mini USB port for easy soft modding will be available in the Fall. Say one that looks like the NES top loader, adds 10 or so games no one wants (Pinball, Urban Champion, Baseball) a second controller and suddenly sells for 79.99 instead of the original 59.99 so the profit margins are wider for the premium of an extra controller and a few more games.
--DragonmasterDan

bob

« Reply #140 on: April 18, 2017, 10:06:34 AM »
... pointless rant

you're lonely, we get it.  it must be nice living in your isolated bubble of generalized, world perception.
nobody would paint you a loyalist to billion dollar corporations, because we all know zeta only likes things that are in the back of black and white 90's fanzines.  Whats the number then?  $1500 in revenue for a year?  Over that and you dont like it anymore?  Somebody 30 miles away from you got wind of it and now it's corrupt with fake, over-enthusiastic kids with pierced eyebrows and tamagotchi keychains?
its obvious you cant possibly mean (or even believe) half the stuff you say.
i actually had a friend just like you growing up.  had to always have a different "view" pulled out of thin air to show they dont conform to coca-cola and Ford.  its an exhausting life style, i know because he drank himself to death. (true story)  Like you, he also enjoyed creating bleeps and bloops on a casio keyboard.  thats right HE CREATED SOMETHING.  f*ck HE'S ELITE!  DEAD, BUT ELITE!  worth so much more than people who support families by doing those "useless" jobs that surprise surprise, can pay quite well.  but i digress, point being, everybody, if you didnt create a PCE game, you cant complain that starbucks got your order wrong.

also, what the f*ck clergyman is telling you how to make video games?
and what sales quotas does the IT crowd have? 

(and yes, i jumped around on purpose so zeets could follow it)

Digi.k

« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2017, 01:13:27 AM »
Other than the novelty of owning one, im not really sad. Nintendo is literally pants on head retarded for discontinuing it and enabling these scalpers.

I was silly enough to cancel my pre order thinking the raspberry pi would suffice.

there might be a reason why nintendo have discontinued it..

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-19-sources-nintendo-to-launch-snes-mini-this-year

Nintendo will follow up its smash hit NES microconsole with a mini version of the SNES, sources close to the company have confirmed to Eurogamer.

The SNES mini (or, to continue Nintendo's official branding, likely the Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System) is currently scheduled to launch in time for Christmas this year. Development of the device is already under way, our sources have indicated.

Nintendo's plans for SNES mini are also a major reason why last year's NES mini did not see a reprieve from discontinuation, Eurogamer understands, despite the latter's continued popularity and sell-out status.

Last week, Nintendo explained that it never intended NES mini to be a permanent product. From the company's perspective, the microconsole was planned as a cool novelty item perfect for Christmas 2016, and the numbers in which it was manufactured and shipped were expected to be enough to suit this goal.

But NES mini ended up breaking out to become more popular than anticipated and quickly sold out, leading to a bustling resale market on eBay. NES mini shipments continued into the early part of this year, but its production run could not be extended further - as SNES mini was slated for production instead.

Hopefully, more stock of the SNES mini will be made available to avoid a repeat of the same shortages.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 01:17:02 AM by Digi.k »

TheClash603

« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2017, 01:25:02 AM »
I stand by the expectation that some sort of re-designed model with a few more games and no mini USB port for easy soft modding will be available in the Fall. Say one that looks like the NES top loader, adds 10 or so games no one wants (Pinball, Urban Champion, Baseball) a second controller and suddenly sells for 79.99 instead of the original 59.99 so the profit margins are wider for the premium of an extra controller and a few more games.

You got it spot on.  You don't say you are stopping shipments THIS YEAR in a press release, if you don't mean more to come next year.

As someone else stated, manufacturing contracts in Asia need to be booked well in advance.  I spoke to a guy who owns a business and he says he always knows next year's sales numbers, because he is a manufacturer that builds to orders and it takes him 6-12 months to lock down his Asian supply chain.  I am sure Nintendo has more clout than this guy's small company, but they are also orderin something more complex and much more of them.  Round two of this product line is on its way in 2018.

seieienbu

« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2017, 10:15:58 AM »
I think Nintendo is kicking themselves for selling it at only $60 and that's a contributing factor for the premature cancellation of the NES mini.  I'll be shocked if the SNES mini costs the same.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2017, 10:38:24 AM »
I think Nintendo is kicking themselves for selling it at only $60 and that's a contributing factor for the premature cancellation of the NES mini.  I'll be shocked if the SNES mini costs the same.

Like I said, or a redesigned version with an extra controller and a slightly different configuration of games that is 20.00 more to up their margins on it.
--DragonmasterDan

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2017, 10:57:38 AM »
I like how people are shitting their tits like they missed out on something marvelous now that it's discontinued.

buy an NES and an everdrive.   JFC.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Gredler

« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2017, 11:27:55 AM »
I like how people are shitting their tits like they missed out on something marvelous now that it's discontinued.

Laptop>NES Classic, I tend to agree.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #147 on: April 19, 2017, 11:39:09 AM »

I have put off buying a NES everdrive. Might as well pull the trigger I don't think there can be any more improvements.

As for the SNES everdrive is it finally 100% rom comparable or still room for imrpovmemt?

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
    • FX Unit Yuki Official Website
« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2017, 11:59:52 AM »
Oh noes~ NES-shaped emulator is no longer being made.. how will we emulate games now?? HOW!?

...i wish i had a meth tent
:yuki: "Go forth, FX-Unit Yuki!" http://www.fxunityuki.com
            Available NOW for the PC Engine and Dreamcast!

Strider77

« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2017, 12:08:12 PM »
Who new cancer had shortages? Nintendo knew all along...