Author Topic: Castlevania series coming to Netflix  (Read 2695 times)

Gentlegamer

Re: Castlevania series coming to Netflix
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2017, 02:27:34 AM »
Maybe he means Mr. Woof

Gredler

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2017, 06:43:12 AM »
Seriously though, I think you meant Worf?  I was confused at first, thinking it was    some minor character that I didn't remember! :D  Maybe a rapping alien? :)

Thanks - good catch on the typo! :) Yeah I meant Worf - but a rapping alien might be a lot cooler :P

seieienbu

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2017, 10:58:43 AM »
A trailer came out.  I continue to be cautiously optimistic that this will be something that I'll enjoy.

Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Zero_Gamer

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2017, 08:49:17 AM »
Anybody watch this yet? I just finished it. I think it's pretty good, but the season was way too short.

My only complaint is I didn't like how they cast Trevor, and I really dislike that they did not use any of the classic tunes that everyone loves.

I still think it has a lot of potential though.

Michirin9801

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2017, 03:42:41 PM »
I watched it yesterday, I thought it was pretty good! Gory as f*** though, which I'm generally not a big fan of, but surprisingly it didn't really bother me in here...

I think it does Castlevania justice, but you see, I watched the Japanese dub with English subs, and there was a thing in the sub I watched that kinda bothered me is that every single action or sound is described in the subs, and I was like: "Really though? I can see that happening on the screen right now, you don't need to tell me that!" but it's not a deal-breaker...

Also, minor spoiler alert
Grant totally got shafted, and it ends on a cliffhanger...

End of Spoiler

seieienbu

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2017, 06:36:22 PM »
Yeah, I watched all 4 episodes and was like "Wait, that's it?"  There's a second season coming that's another 4 episodes so perhaps Grant and nostalgia musics will be in said second season?  With only 4 episodes, it's hard to really cover a lot of ground.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

TR0N

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2017, 06:54:31 PM »
Yeah, I watched all 4 episodes and was like "Wait, that's it?"  There's a second season coming that's another 4 episodes so perhaps Grant and nostalgia musics will be in said second season?  With only 4 episodes, it's hard to really cover a lot of ground.
That's the only thing i was disappointed with it being only four episodes.I wonder if the show was done on a budget for how short it was.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2017, 08:32:26 PM »
I watched it yesterday, I thought it was pretty good! Gory as f*** though, which I'm generally not a big fan of, but surprisingly it didn't really bother me in here...

I think it does Castlevania justice, but you see, I watched the Japanese dub with English subs, and there was a thing in the sub I watched that kinda bothered me is that every single action or sound is described in the subs, and I was like: "Really though? I can see that happening on the screen right now, you don't need to tell me that!" but it's not a deal-breaker...

End of Spoiler

I'm also no fan of gore, tend to get really annoyed with it.  That's actually holding me back from watching it since i heard it was way overdone.

esteban

Castlevania series coming to Netflix
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2017, 12:56:15 AM »

End of Spoiler

I'm also no fan of gore, tend to get really annoyed with it.  That's actually holding me back from watching it since i heard it was way overdone.

Comrade, you have to watch it.

No, I haven't seen it yet.

But I want to be entertained by your discomfort.

Report back here, in explicit detail, the different ways you cringed and stressed out.

For example, yesterday, I inadvertently viewed a few seconds of Full House...one of the goriest, nastiest  displays of gruesome carnage ever put on screen: my ears *immediately* clogged up.

The overproduction of earwax, apparently, is a natural defense against carnage and gratuitous violence.

Thankfully, my guru provides me with special earwax cleaning kits (she anoints each box with the Mark of the Bat).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 01:11:47 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2017, 01:09:04 AM »
I'm watching episode #2 right now
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2017, 01:14:01 AM »
I'm watching episode #2 right now

Be sure an Earwax Care Kit is within reach.

|    | 

Michirin9801

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2017, 09:48:17 AM »
Well, it can be a little much, like some of the imagery in the first episode literally looks like hell breaking loose, but episode 1 is about as bad as it gets in terms of gore, if you can get past that one you can easily handle the rest...

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2017, 02:35:10 AM »
Anybody watch this yet? I just finished it. I think it's pretty good, but the season was way too short.

My only complaint is I didn't like how they cast Trevor, and I really dislike that they did not use any of the classic tunes that everyone loves.

I watched the first two episodes. While it has Castlevania characters, it doesn't feel like it inhabits the same world as the games do. A combination of the art style, background music and general feel make me think this was some sort of rejected FoxBOX pilot from a decade ago with adult language more so than something that was made from the ground up to be Castlevania 3 the anime.
--DragonmasterDan

Zero_Gamer

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2017, 02:58:23 AM »

I watched the first two episodes. While it has Castlevania characters, it doesn't feel like it inhabits the same world as the games do. A combination of the art style, background music and general feel make me think this was some sort of rejected FoxBOX pilot from a decade ago with adult language more so than something that was made from the ground up to be Castlevania 3 the anime.

Well the art direction was obviously heavily influenced by the art from SOTN. Which I guess is ok, but SOTN has a completely different look and feel of the original trilogy. Also, the missing music is a huge missing piece for me.

James Rolfe had the same gripe... That it feels like something is missing, but he can't really put a finger ont what exactly.

TheClash603

« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2017, 04:43:41 AM »
I watched it and I don't regret it, even though I didn't love it.  Some people said it ended too quick, I think the length was perfect.  Had I watched this Castlevania for 5 hours, I would've regretted it assuredly. It was just good enough to waste an hour and a half of my time.

I heard season 2 is going to be twice as long though.