Author Topic: The Legend of Xanadu Dub Project - Auditions Wanted  (Read 9653 times)

spenoza

Re: The Legend of Xanadu Dub Project - Auditions Wanted
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2017, 12:24:23 PM »
I will ask on Racketboy. We have a couple lady-members there.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

elmer

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2017, 12:56:38 PM »

Excellent, thanks!

We did finally have some ladies audition today, and they're all pretty good ... but we're going to need a *lot* more!

Michirin9801

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2017, 01:47:19 PM »
I made a post about this with a link to the audition page on my deviantArt, I don't know how much it will help, but spreading the word is the least that I can do!
It's here in case anyone wants to read it...

elmer

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2017, 04:58:25 PM »
I made a post about this with a link to the audition page on my deviantArt, I don't know how much it will help, but spreading the word is the least that I can do!

Thank you, and thanks for the link!  Everything helps! :D

I hadn't visited the deviantart site for far-far too long ... so many beautiful creative-types hang out there with such wonderful artwork. I really have to visit there more often.

SamIAm

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2017, 05:04:35 PM »

Fantastic!

You guys may not know it, but this kind of thing makes a huge difference. There are lots of people out there who have the skill and the interest to do this dub, but we don't know how to connect with them.

I hate asking such things of people, but if you are interested in our Xanadu translation project as a whole and have a connection to communities that elmer and I don't, please consider sharing our dub-site. If you would like one us to come and ask on our own, all you have to do is invite us.

At this turn, the quality of the translation is going to result from how many people we can reach, so we will do whatever it takes to reach as many as possible.

LentFilms

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2017, 02:12:20 AM »
I know that the VAA is no longer around, which I only discovered this week, but have you guys thought about posting your project on the Behind the Voice Actor's Casting Call? I'm very familiar with the site's voice actor wiki but I don't know a lot about the Casting Call. However, a lot of amateur actor/actress seem to audition for projects there. Might be worth a shot. Here is the link to the site: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/casting-call/

SamIAm

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2017, 02:44:18 AM »
You know, I made a post there, but it's stuck waiting for moderator approval. I actually accidentally submitted it twice, too. Hope that doesn't make them upset!

Seriously, it does look like a good site and community. I really hope they let it through.

Do you know what happened to VAA? I could swear I was there just the other week myself.

LentFilms

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2017, 03:11:05 AM »
Do you know what happened to VAA? I could swear I was there just the other week myself.

I was on there not long ago too. I did some causal searches and it seems the site got infected with viruses (or something) so the site owner shut it down and it doesn't seem like it will be coming back.

Also I contacted some actors/actresses directly, telling them about this project and linking them to your site. They are just some people I heard in various fan projects over the years that I thought sounded good and that might be willing to work on a fan dub. Hope that helps.

destructive cactus

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2017, 01:14:00 PM »
I have a female friend who's very interested - I can have her send in auditions from her laptop with the promise that she can use my good mic over here if she gets a part. I'm also going to send the link to various people (youtubers, etc) who I think have great voices and would be interested.

SamIAm

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2017, 04:25:04 AM »
I have a female friend who's very interested - I can have her send in auditions from her laptop with the promise that she can use my good mic over here if she gets a part. I'm also going to send the link to various people (youtubers, etc) who I think have great voices and would be interested.

That is wonderful. Thank you so much! I'll be eager to get your friend's audition, and I'm happy that more people will know about the project's existence. :D

elmer

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2017, 11:03:18 AM »
I'm really very, very impressed with some of the auditions that are coming in!  :D

It's still early days, and we're going to need a *lot* more, though.  :pray:

I know that we seem to have a bad rap for being unfriendly here ... but jeez, some of the other places out there!  :shock:

Apparently we must have hidden SamIAm's Pronunciation Guide for the character names really well,
because judging by the auditions, almost nobody has actually managed to find it!  :lol:

Gredler

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2017, 11:27:09 AM »
I wont be able to audition because of recording equipment restrictions, but I wonder if someone auditions for one role and you feel they are more appropriate for another, will you offer them that other role?

elmer

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2017, 11:46:13 AM »
I wont be able to audition because of recording equipment restrictions, but I wonder if someone auditions for one role and you feel they are more appropriate for another, will you offer them that other role?

Absolutely! SamIAm has already suggested that a few people put in some extra auditions for other roles.

At this point, having worked on the game and the scripts for so long, we each have a pretty good idea in our own heads of how we'd like certain characters to sound, and it wouldn't be fair to expect everyone else out there to immediately get that.

The character descriptions are a great starting-point for people, but voice-actors won't have the chance to get a really-good feel for the characters until they see the full scripts and get a better idea of how they all interact.

Well ... that's for the main characters, the one-line Boss monsters really don't get fleshing-out!  :wink:

LentFilms

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2017, 12:08:27 PM »
I'm really very, very impressed with some of the auditions that are coming in!  :D

It's still early days, and we're going to need a *lot* more, though.  :pray:

It is awesome to hear that you guys are getting some quality auditions! Don't be afraid to ask some actors/actresses if they would be willing to play multiple parts, my brother did that with the Ys IV dub and many professional productions do it all the time. Don't have one person play several huge parts but it won't hurt to have them maybe play one sizable role and another smaller part with only a handful of lines.

NightWolve

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2017, 06:31:09 PM »
Oh wow, I was gonna ask why Voice Acting Alliance wasn't used since that's what helped for the Ys IV dub. Seems the site got flagged as unsafe, and then they went down totally.

I have a NeoGAF account, I tried the Create Thread option, but it seems I don't have enough posts. I only had about 9 since registering. Yeah, they're pretty strict, forced me to find my ISP's assigned email address and register with that.

BTW, is this esteban's web work to set up dub recruitment ?

http://tg-16.com/Our_Portfolio.htm

Amazing, great that you managed to get him involved in a project somehow!

Especially this:

http://tg-16.com/How_To_Record.htm

WOW, a lot of tedious work went in to put a good guide like that together!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 06:34:05 PM by NightWolve »