Author Topic: Castlevania Drakula X  (Read 2709 times)

Green Beret

Castlevania Drakula X
« on: July 06, 2017, 04:29:58 AM »
Hi guys,
I am new in the PC Engine World and I would like to buy some good games for the system. As I have learnt the last few days there is a Company in Germany publishing new PC Engine games. Pce Works.
These games are professional made bootlegs or collectibles. Whichever someone thinks about it. For someone it is a bootleg but someone else it may be an opportunity to buy a collectible. I prefer the original game.

How can someone distinguish the original Castlevania from the Pce works one? The latter doesn't say Pce Works on the box....
Maybe there are some other games out there too?

Thanks for your help

tbone3969

Re: Castlevania Drakula X
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 04:31:53 AM »
If it comes with an energy drink it's fake.

And it clearly states "PCE Works" on the PCE Works disc. Clear giveaway.

Also, if Dracula is spelled with with a K instead of a C then it is probably fake.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 04:59:39 AM by tbone3969 »
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Green Beret

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 05:09:57 AM »

Also, if Dracula is spelled with with a K instead of a C then it is probably fake.

Thanks for your reply
On ebay they sell for about 100€
 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Akumajo-Dracula-X-Castlevania-New-Pc-Engine-Turbo-Duo-Super-CD-ROM-/182643049439?hash=item2a865fc3df:g:jTMAAOSw1~JZUkRp
Sellers do mention it is Pce works version. But What if they don't.
Is in all case "Pce works" written on the disk? Because if not, all used copies selling in Japan used could be opened boots.

tbone3969

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 05:17:12 AM »

Thanks for your reply
 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Akumajo-Dracula-X-Castlevania-New-Pc-Engine-Turbo-Duo-Super-CD-ROM-/182643049439?hash=item2a865fc3df:g:jTMAAOSw1~JZUkRp
Is in all case "Pce works" written on the disk? Because if not, all used copies selling in Japan used could be opened boots.

Yes in all cases.

Now that does not mean there couldn't be other "non-PCE Works" fakes out there.  Basically you get what you pay for.  No way someone is selling a legit sealed Dracula X for $100.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Green Beret

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 05:25:24 AM »

Thanks for your reply

Yes in all cases.

Now that does not mean there couldn't be other "non-PCE Works" fakes out there.  Basically you get what you pay for.  No way someone is selling a legit sealed Dracula X for $100.

Yes, no way someone is selling a legit sealed Dracula X for $100. But it could be more appealing if he sell it for 300.

I won't be buying a new copy anyway but a used one. I have read somewhere about the thickness of the inner plastic of the CD and what it is written there. Boots are supposed to be much thicker in the inner sector.
What about registration cards, do they copy those too using the same paper and print?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 05:26:13 AM »
They can be plain bootlegs or collectible bootlegs.  No matter what you think of 'em, they'll ALWAYS be bootlegs.

The pce works logo is on the disc and the back of the manual: clicky.

If anyone pays 100 euros for that, they're retarded; not just because it's a bootleg but because you can buy it straight from Tobias for half.

U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Green Beret

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 05:54:23 AM »
They can be plain bootlegs or collectible bootlegs.  No matter what you think of 'em, they'll ALWAYS be bootlegs.

The pce works logo is on the disc and the back of the manual: clicky.

If anyone pays 100 euros for that, they're retarded; not just because it's a bootleg but because you can buy it straight from Tobias for half.
Great  :clap:
In my gaming collection ootlegs and conversions are not welcome.

I have seen videos on youtube with huCards boots from Pce Works but they look different. Are there any good HuCard boots arround that look very good and difficult to spot?
Thanks

bob

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 06:01:52 AM »
what do you think this is?  real or fake?

drac x

tbone3969

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 06:15:02 AM »

drac x

100% legit.  No doubt about it.

Green Beret

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 06:43:11 AM »

drac x
I could say this is the Xbox super limited collector's edition  :mrgreen:

Black Tiger

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 06:54:12 AM »

drac x

The seller answered that for all of us.

"It's a must have for all Castlevania collectors".

You don't want to be disqualified as a Castlevania collector, do you?
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Castlevania Dracula X
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 06:54:45 AM »
I have seen videos on youtube with huCards boots from Pce Works but they look different. Are there any good HuCard boots arround that look very good and difficult to spot?

The recent ones are quite different from real hueys, but there's some boots from back in the day that're close: clicky.  Most are obviously different, with odd shapes, humps, or xx-in-one names and art, but a few (like Altered Beast) are built like real hueys.  Even those are easy to spot as boots, though, with generic art (no company logos) and different back labels.

drac x

Ha!  Those are obvious boots, but he also made some with regular jewel cases that aren't so easy to spot.

bob

Re: Castlevania Dracula X
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2017, 08:18:02 AM »

The recent ones are quite different from real hueys, but there's some boots from back in the day that're close: clicky.  Most are obviously different, with odd shapes, humps, or xx-in-one names and art, but a few (like Altered Beast) are built like real hueys.  Even those are easy to spot as boots, though, with generic art (no company logos) and different back labels.

drac x

Ha!  Those are obvious boots, but he also made some with regular jewel cases that aren't so easy to spot.

but the disc graphic is always a different color than the original, right?  i thought tobias art was always way different. 

Green Beret

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2017, 08:27:47 AM »
Thanks for the link. Fortunately those boots look shitty!
I bought a new PC Denjin from Japan because it was only a few bucks more than the used ones go and opened it. It is definitely original because the art on the Hucard is awesome. Manual is great too. I am very impressed from the graphics and the gameplay. Sprites are big and many of them at once. Great backgrounds and no slow down.

My first game and I am very happy with the PC Engine. I think what defines the PC Engine is many colors, big sprites and smooth gameplay.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2017, 08:46:05 AM »
but the disc graphic is always a different color than the original, right?  i thought tobias art was always way different. 

The red one is the translated version.  I've not seen 'em compared side by side, but the untranslated version (behind the red one in your ebay link) is close to the same coloring.