Author Topic: Secret of Mana Remake  (Read 3545 times)

MNKyDeth

Re: Secret of Mana Remake
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2018, 02:53:08 PM »
I have never played SoM.

Buy on PS4, and stream to the vita when a portable is needed? Or just buy on the vita and call it a day? Or do you get both versions while paying just for one version like some other games. Like Ys Origins.

I bought my vita originally just to stream PS4 games to it. It works ok after getting used to the controls.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2018, 04:38:25 PM »
That, or maybe find a Vita TV, though I don't know if it's compatible.  It should be, I'm not aware of any touchscreen stuff, though, I'm playing the physical Ps4 version so I wouldn't know for sure.  As for a Vita TV, you should check a Toys R Us.  Got a second one for my bedroom recently, was the bundle with a controller, memory card & such for only $18.  I've also heard of Walmarts having them stupidly cheap.

If it does work on the Vita TV, then you can transfer the save to the cloud I believe?

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2018, 05:13:39 AM »
I think it works on PSTV.   I can confirm when my JP Vita copy shows up.

Also, I've experienced two crashes while playing the game.   Both give the same error code, and both were in the ruins (pandora, and empire ruins).

You know,where it plays that doofy ass music:

I blame Dyluck being a bitch. 

It's not too awful though since the auto saving basically makes you lose like, a screen of progress.

It's only happened twice.  Once per dungeon.

Kinda lame.  I wonder what it's doing.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2018, 05:30:30 PM »
That's probably one of my favorite songs in the game, but I can't tell since my PC sound suddenly isn't working for some reason.  I hope a reboot fixes that.

It'll be nice if they finally bring the 3rd game out in english.  I played thru a significant portion of it when it was first translated, but I lost my save in a PC crash, so I never got around to it again.

blueraven

« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2018, 12:12:35 AM »
I played the absolute shit out of this game.

There was a cart that a friend of mine gave to me that was covered in sharpie and had the label half-torn off. He assumed I didn't wan't it because of that. lol.

Excited for the remake, might go for it to see the graphics again, but updated.

Either way, it was cool. I liked the nontraditional RPG elements from it.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

seieienbu

« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2018, 08:09:00 AM »
So, I listened to the soundtrack on youtube and, by and large, wasn't a fan.  There were some good renditions of the old tracks, Did you Hear the Ocean springs to mind instantly here, but there were some awful ones.

The boss theme springs to mind on that later list; it is one of the worst remakes that I've ever heard.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2018, 07:57:03 AM »
So, I listened to the soundtrack on youtube and, by and large, wasn't a fan.  There were some good renditions of the old tracks, Did you Hear the Ocean springs to mind instantly here, but there were some awful ones.

The boss theme springs to mind on that later list; it is one of the worst remakes that I've ever heard.

The original boss battle music was annoying too, lol.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Gredler

« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2018, 09:29:59 AM »
I just finished a playthrough on my snes classic, and how did I forget how kickass the mana fortress song is. That is my favorite song in the game now.

I don't like this new version as much...

vs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHKczi3mOOk
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 09:42:21 AM by Gredler »

Gredler

« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2018, 09:41:32 AM »
danm double post

:derpcat: