Author Topic: Quality Genesis Model 2 Scart Cable  (Read 1167 times)

Black Tiger

Re: Quality Genesis Model 2 Scart Cable
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 03:38:46 PM »
I ordered a scart cable from RGC on Oct 2nd and found the package today  when I checked my mailbox for the first time this week.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keith Courage

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 03:52:07 PM »
There is an ebay seller from poland who has good quality mega drive 2 cables. I got one for a customer once. Worked great with no noticeable audio hum. These are good http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Mega-drive-Megadrive-II-2-Genesis-II-2-RGB-SCART-EURO-Cable-/172883278035?hash=item2840a578d3:g:RhkAAOSwxp9W9C-1

crazydean

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 07:54:54 PM »
There is an ebay seller from poland who has good quality mega drive 2 cables. I got one for a customer once. Worked great with no noticeable audio hum. These are good http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Mega-drive-Megadrive-II-2-Genesis-II-2-RGB-SCART-EURO-Cable-/172883278035?hash=item2840a578d3:g:RhkAAOSwxp9W9C-1

Seller is thefoo.83 for anyone interested.

I bought a cable from this seller when I got my 32X since it's a different pinout than the Model 1. It works great.

Also, he has brand new Dreamcast controllers and VMUs which come NIB!
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

in99flames

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2017, 05:57:29 AM »
Anyone know where I can find a quality Genesis model 2 scart cable?
All the good ones online seem to be sold out and the ones on eBay have bad reviews.

I recently aquired a JVC X’Eye and wanted to use it on my PVM
Its a bit off topic from your question but Green....heed my advice. Please. The info im gonna give you is important. Im not sure which power adapter you are using but I also have an X'Eye. **DO NOT**. I repeat....**DO NOT****** use ANY Genesis ac adapter or NES power adapter with the system. It may fit...yea...it may boot the system....but the voltage specs are way off. You will destroy the system. Only a Sega CDX or original JVC(both are identical)have the correct specs. You can also get the correct spec one on ebay or amazon.

The other issue is the CD part. Is it working ok? If the cds don't spin i know what is wrong. Its not the laser(usually).
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2017, 07:24:18 AM »
Its a bit off topic from your question but Green....heed my advice. Please. The info im gonna give you is important. Im not sure which power adapter you are using but I also have an X'Eye. **DO NOT**. I repeat....**DO NOT****** use ANY Genesis ac adapter or NES power adapter with the system. It may fit...yea...it may boot the system....but the voltage specs are way off. You will destroy the system. Only a Sega CDX or original JVC(both are identical)have the correct specs. You can also get the correct spec one on ebay or amazon.

The other issue is the CD part. Is it working ok? If the cds don't spin i know what is wrong. Its not the laser(usually).

RetroGameCave sells an aftermarket adapter specifically for the X'eye
--DragonmasterDan

Green

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2017, 09:14:49 AM »
All the good ones online seem to be sold out and the ones on eBay have bad reviews.

Good to know. I have a OEM plug

xelement5x

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 10:35:32 AM »
Even the OEM X'Eye power bricks are expensive now.  I remember years ago picking up a handful and repairing them and selling them for a modest profit.  What people are asking for them now is just robbery. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2017, 10:50:15 AM »
Even the OEM X'Eye power bricks are expensive now.  I remember years ago picking up a handful and repairing them and selling them for a modest profit.  What people are asking for them now is just robbery. 

Yep, if it is just for functionality this is to spec and works great http://www.retrogamecave.com/#/shop/4577155957/psu-sega-jvc-x-eye/10873407
--DragonmasterDan

in99flames

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2017, 02:04:20 PM »
Oh it totally is robbery. The TG16 CD adapter plug is also up there....ridiculous.
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

Green

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2017, 05:53:55 AM »

I ended up grabbing the last one of these. Thanks Keith

blueraven

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2017, 08:25:35 AM »
DragonmasterDan made me hep to this, remembering an issue that I had long forgotten about.

I bought a Cable from the British Guys, Retrogamingcables.uk from them for PVM 2030A, and now that you mention It I'm still on their f*cking mailing list.

I had to do some soldering to make it work, they sent me a JP21 cable and I had to disassemble it and double-check with mickris and thesteve to rewire it so that it would work. I was kind of pissed off that I had to do the work over after having it shipped halfway across the world. Although, it was better than having green and blue messed up.

Anyway.... Yeehaw... the cable works. I still use it on the 2030A. But you may have to have a soldering party to get it to work.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

SignOfZeta

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2017, 02:33:27 PM »

In general you should never plug any power cable into anything unless it’s known to be the correct one or you have like a 200 IQ and a photographic memory or whatever superhuman/alien skills it takes to just match a correct aftermarket one that will pay for itself in energy savings in the first year or two when compared to some shitty 80s transformer based thing.

I kid, this is decades old consumer electronics. It’s not like trying to get the right USB-C* cable or anything like that...

*If you haven’t spent time with USB-C yet you should know that is isn’t the universal cable we’ve been waiting for, it’s never ever ever coming, don’t even bother looking.

Digi.k

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2017, 03:23:36 PM »
reading the comments about retrogamingcables uk is making me have doubts about them.

I bought a sync on luma RGB cable to switch between pal and jpn saturns and after a few hours of hooking up my pal saturn the psu was short circuiting every few minutes and I'd have to wait for the console to cool down before it could switch on and a few minutes of gaming the console would just power down. Now it doesn't power on at all.

Japan Saturn works fine though..
I wonder whether they sent me a csync by mistake. although the cable is labeled sync on luma.

Johnpv

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2017, 01:17:58 AM »
DragonmasterDan made me hep to this, remembering an issue that I had long forgotten about.

I bought a Cable from the British Guys, Retrogamingcables.uk from them for PVM 2030A, and now that you mention It I'm still on their f*cking mailing list.

I had to do some soldering to make it work, they sent me a JP21 cable and I had to disassemble it and double-check with mickris and thesteve to rewire it so that it would work. I was kind of pissed off that I had to do the work over after having it shipped halfway across the world. Although, it was better than having green and blue messed up.

Anyway.... Yeehaw... the cable works. I still use it on the 2030A. But you may have to have a soldering party to get it to work.

Why not just contact customer service and have them replace the cable?  I've gotten almost all my cables from them and have only had issues with 1, and when I contacted them about it they quickly just sent out a replacement. 

blueraven

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2017, 09:41:54 AM »
Why not just contact customer service and have them replace the cable?  I've gotten almost all my cables from them and have only had issues with 1, and when I contacted them about it they quickly just sent out a replacement. 

I had the level of knowledge to switch the two wires, and while having a second cable would have been nice it was just heating up the iron and a swap... about 5 minutes of total work.

This is true, they are really good about getting back with you on restocking, cables, etc. Digi K, don't worry about them as a seller, they do a good job. This is just me as a persistent technogeek bitching about how I had to swap a single wire. But seriously, it should have been correct when it arrived.

But yeah, they're good sellers.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol