Author Topic: Quality Genesis Model 2 Scart Cable  (Read 1166 times)

Green

Quality Genesis Model 2 Scart Cable
« on: October 11, 2017, 01:10:33 AM »
Anyone know where I can find a quality Genesis model 2 scart cable?
All the good ones online seem to be sold out and the ones on eBay have bad reviews.

I recently aquired a JVC X’Eye and wanted to use it on my PVM

DragonmasterDan

Re: Quality Genesis Model 2 Scart Cable
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 01:42:05 AM »
Anyone know where I can find a quality Genesis model 2 scart cable?
All the good ones online seem to be sold out and the ones on eBay have bad reviews.

I recently aquired a JVC X’Eye and wanted to use it on my PVM

Wait for these to restock. http://www.ebay.com/itm/161588265542
She usuallly puts up a handful of cables in the morning and when they sell out their sold out until she posts more.
--DragonmasterDan

Black Tiger

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 01:50:33 AM »
retro_console_accessories on ebay is supposed to be pretty bad and they might wreck a framemeister.

This place is the best:

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/sega/mega-drive-2/sega-mega-drive-2-sega-genesis-2-rgb-av-scart-cable-tv-lead

They also sell one that is the equivalent of Monster cables, but I haven't bothered to go that far since the regular cables already look perfect to me.

They also sell stuff like scart to bnc or jp21 adapters.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 01:56:50 AM »
retro_console_accessories on ebay is supposed to be pretty bad and they might wreck a framemeister.

From my understanding that problem was specific to a no longer produced "Boosted sync" cable that they were selling.
--DragonmasterDan

Killjoyy027

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 05:05:15 AM »
I would agree with Black Tiger retro game cables U.K are the best I have them for all of my systems and they are quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bartre

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 06:01:38 AM »
IDK about the ebay seller, but with 2 exceptions, all my RGB SCART cables are from the page tiger linked.
they're great, and honestly pretty noticeably better quality than the other two.

go with them.

sirhcman

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 06:11:34 AM »
MLiG suggests both people so either one is fine. I have gotten most of my cables from mickcris (on this forum!) or retro_console_accessories without any issues.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 08:05:32 AM »
im sorry.

using quality and genesis 2 together doesn't work.   stopthat

If you really need it though, that Retro Game Cables UK dude has never f*cked me up

I've gotten like 12 things from him.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

xelement5x

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 08:06:29 AM »
MLiG suggests both people so either one is fine. I have gotten most of my cables from mickcris (on this forum!) or retro_console_accessories without any issues.

I only have the Duo cable from mickris and it's quite nice, I didn't know he sold other ones. 

I've heard good stuff about Dan's person as well, and the place BT linked but I haven't used either of them myself.  I need to get some better cables but the cost puts me off since I know I'd just want to buy all of them at one to save on shipping. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 08:20:34 AM »
im sorry.

using quality and genesis 2 together doesn't work.   stopthat

If you really need it though, that Retro Game Cables UK dude has never f*cked me up

He's using an X'eye so there's the quality in the equation. Same pinout.

I only have the Duo cable from mickris and it's quite nice, I didn't know he sold other ones. 

I've heard good stuff about Dan's person as well, and the place BT linked but I haven't used either of them myself.  I need to get some better cables but the cost puts me off since I know I'd just want to buy all of them at one to save on shipping. 

I have a lot of RGB cables and quite a few system specific cables from both sellers.

From Retro_Gaming_Accessories I have SNES/Nintendo Multi-Out cables, Genesis/SMS, Genesis 2/X'eye, CDX/Saturn, PC Engine, Saturn, Playstation, Neo Geo with Stereo output to SCART from the headphone jack, Neo Geo CD with Stereo output to SCART right off the top of my head.

I also have PC Engine, SNES, Jaguar, SCART to BNC with Sync stripper and a PVM 2030 to SCART cable from RetroGamingCables UK.

All of the cables I have are high quality and outperform cheap Chinese SCART cables I've bought for testing, etc.
With that said, I do get that
1. Retro_Consoles_accessories is frequently out of stock and has at times confusingly listed items at strange prices to handle their order flow.
2. The RetroGamingUK cables are just as high of quality.

So it all depends where you live, what shipping is going to cost and how easy or difficult it is to order a particular cable from the seller.
 RetroUK has a nice easy to access site, whereas dealing with Retro_Consoles_accessories sometimes requires racing to ebay when items are listed before they're out of stock again.  There's pluses and minuses to both
--DragonmasterDan

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 08:31:00 AM »
oh I missed that part because I ate 3 candy bars full of espresso beans and don't have time to read more than one sentence before I start slamming the keys.

CARRY ON.

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/

I buy from this one.  The cables have all been good.   I had to use him for stuff for my 32X

theres the real f*ckin quality right thereeeee

Opethian

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 08:52:20 AM »
yea that seller makes some great stuff and will make custom cables for you if you provide the pinout.

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 09:05:33 AM »
yea that seller makes some great stuff and will make custom cables for you if you provide the pinout.

yeah that too.  He gave me JP21 instead of SCART also.

He coo. 

Green

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 09:43:14 AM »
Thank guys!
I’ll take into consideration all the recommendations

crazydean

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 10:10:37 AM »
I prefer retro console accessories because they are in the US and I haven't had a problem with them.

I had an issue with a cable from retro gaming cables where the wire wasn't connected to the pin internally. I didn't want to open the cable myself because if I hadn't been able to fix it, then I would have a cable that I damaged and it may have been more difficult to get a refund. Anyway, their customer service was slow and rude, so I decided to open the cable and luckily I was able to fix it.

Retro Gaming Cables also has new Packapunch cables which are more expensive but can be ordered to custom length and are shielded.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.