Author Topic: What does EGM think of the PC-FX?  (Read 1778 times)

Odonadon

What does EGM think of the PC-FX?
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2006, 12:35:45 AM »
Quote from: "Seldane"
Don't forget: Microsoft hasn't come up with anything themselves. Internet Explorer was a rip-off of Netscape, and the latest IE7 is just Firefox with a new skin.  :lol:

Don't forget about the reduced compatibility and gaping security holes in IE7 :)  And you have insulted Firefox by comparing it to IE7 sir!  :)

OD
http://www.turbo2k.net - the truly Turboist of all Turbo sites.

FM-77

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2006, 01:53:35 AM »
Sorry about that. I deeply regret it.

I forgot: Microsoft HAS come up with some stuff: odd standards. Instead of following the standards, Microsoft makes their own, rendering everything incompatible with everything. Ingenious, if I may say it myself.

esteban

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2006, 03:39:19 AM »
Quote from: "GUTS"
Oh I wasn't lumping you in with the internet nerds Steve, I was talking about all these other guys.
Hahahahaha. I noticed that I forgot to include smiely faces in my post, so I sounded way too serious.

You know, sometimes I just go off on rants :).
  |    | 

PC Gaijin

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2006, 06:25:52 AM »
This used to be a PC-FX thread, right?

GUTS

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2006, 07:57:08 AM »
You should know by now that any thread that makes it to 3 pages around here is going to go off on tangents.

Keranu

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2006, 09:02:37 AM »
Hahaha, so true.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Emerald Rocker

Re: What does EGM think of the PC-FX?
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2006, 03:27:14 PM »
I'm going to go out on a limb and actually respond to the original message, which I hadn't seen before tonight.  I actually think the PC-FX is a *GREAT* console.  The games all feel like they had effort put into them.  Even stuff I've barely touched -- like Megami Paradise 2 -- make me want to give them a chance, because I can tell the developers really tried to put together something they would like.

Welcome to Pia Carrot -- best version of the game
Der Langrisser FX -- awesome version of Langrisser 2, with the awesome "hard" mode exclusive to PC-FX
First Kiss Story -- great, great romance sim with an exclusive PC-FX mode: HuneX Fighters '98!
Super Real Mahjong P5 -- nice version of the game with a secret "viewer" mode (not available on other ports)
Zenki -- not the greatest game in the world, but it has an aura of "ambition" about it that was hard to find in 32-bit 2D games
Chip Chan Kick -- this game RULES.
Boundary Gate -- Better than the Playstation version.

It even has Battle Heat, which most people love.  (I think it blows)

And the thing is, I've only played 9 or 10 PC-FX games.  If seven of those are cool, how many other excellent titles are out there?
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

Keranu

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2006, 04:02:10 PM »
And the thing is, I've only played 9 or 10 PC-FX games.  If seven of those are cool, how many other excellent titles are out there?
Wait, I thought you had like 40-50 games for it? Nice post though.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2006, 04:04:23 PM »
Wait, I thought you had like 40-50 games for it? Nice post though.
Maybe that was runin?
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2006, 04:06:37 PM »
Maybe that was runin?
Haha, I don't think Runin has even played any PC-FX games. :D

Emerald Rocker

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2006, 04:22:00 PM »
I've got tons of games, I just haven't played them.

FM-77

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2006, 06:16:54 AM »
Looks like most of the games you posted are ports. Doesn't matter if they're marginally better than other versions or not - they're still ports/not exclusive to the system. Better to play them on something else - something better - with more good (exclusive) games.

Emerald Rocker

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2006, 12:49:22 PM »
I agree.  Amazing exclusives like Gears of War and Enchanted Arms are the reason that the Xbox 360 is the best console ever.

But every now and then, I have this crazy urge to play some non-exclusives like Chip Chan Kick!, which was ported to other systems like.... uh..... well, anyway.  When I want to play awesome non-exclusives, I like to play the best version available.  And that's where the PC-FX comes in.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2006, 01:13:32 PM »
I agree.  Amazing exclusives like Gears of War and Enchanted Arms are the reason that the Xbox 360 is the best console ever.

Oh man, I was going to let your praise of the FX slide since this is an FX site but...seriously, 360? You're utterly nuts.

esteban

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2006, 04:12:51 PM »

Oh man, I was going to let your praise of the FX slide since this is an FX site but...seriously, 360? You're utterly nuts.
His tongue was firmly in his cheek when he made the comment about the 360 :).
  |    |