Author Topic: Best of the Sega Saturn  (Read 2190 times)

crazydean

Best of the Sega Saturn
« on: December 04, 2017, 03:47:47 AM »
All this talk of how much the N64 sucks has got me thinking about this Sega Saturn I have. It hasn't been played much, and it's time to remedy this problem.

So, I'm looking for game suggestions. Specifically, anything but racing, sports, FPS, and turn-based RPGs.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

Lost Monkey

Re: Best of the Sega Saturn
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 03:56:32 AM »
Nights.

Panzer Dragoon

Panzer Dragoon Zwei

Virtua Fighter 2

Fighter's Megamix

(I know you said no racers, but Sega Rally is so arcadey, playable and fun, I have to recommend it.)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 04:32:32 AM »
ELEVATOR MOTHER f*ckING ACTION RETURNS MOTHERf*ckERS
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Gredler

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 05:33:48 AM »
I really loved Dragon Force as a kid, but Panzer Dragoon Saga was great too. I played a lot of magic knight rayearth, too.

nopepper

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 06:11:33 AM »
Galactic Attack/Layer Section - awesome vertical shooter with some of the best 2D graphics ever, a rockin soundtrack and thumping sound effects.

Battle Garegga - real technical vertical shooter by Raizing. Very tough and requires a lot of knowledge of its rank system, which might turn some ppl off

Do don Pachi - still the best Cave shooter ever, IMO. If you can't get ahold of the PCB, this is the next best thing (besides emulation). Can be played straightforward for survival or if you get into it, for score.

Radiant Silvergun - some peeps call this one overrated, but I think the hype is warranted. One of my desert island games with almost infinite playability. Also, one of the technical marvels of the 32/64 bit era.

Vampire Saviour - great conversion of Capcom's fighting classic. I have the CPS2 board and this thing is pretty much identical. There are other great 2D fighters, but this is my personal favorite.

Dragon Force - super addictive sprite based real time strategy from Sega. One of my fav US releases.

Saturn Bomberman - best couch multiplayer game ever, IMO. I love all the stats that are accumulated per game and wish this was standard in all Bomberman games, as it's always fun to see who killed who, how many suicides you committed, etc.

+Many many more shoot em ups (Strikers 1945, Soukyugurentai, Darius Gaiden, Batsugun, Hyper Duel, Blast Wind, Guardian Force, ...)

KingDrool

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 06:33:36 AM »
Listen to nopepper. Those are some great titles. Guardian Heroes is a good one to add to that list. There are some great fighters on Saturn, too.

Disclaimer: some of those games will cost you a small fortune.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 06:35:20 AM »
Dragon Force is my favorite Sega made game ever
--DragonmasterDan

Gredler

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 06:42:19 AM »
Disclaimer: some of those games will cost you a small fortune.

Good thing that games can be affordably pirated, or yes playing most of these would cost a horribly high dollar

xelement5x

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 07:00:32 AM »
Astal is a fun one, and so is Keio 2.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

SignOfZeta

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 07:13:06 AM »
I really like Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter. It has comc book graphical flash beyond the other games in the series.

Guardian Heroes

Saturn Bomberman

Puzzle Fighter

Magical Drop III

Macross: DYRL

Vampire Savior

Death Tank Zwei

Panzer Dragoon series (all)

Fighters Megamix

VF Kids

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 07:15:22 AM »
MKR is great but only if you want to buy the 8$ JP copy instead of the 400$ USA copy, or just burn one or something.

I think MKR is my favorite saturn game, but I like MKR as a whole, so I am biased
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

nopepper

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 07:25:10 AM »
I really like Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter. It has comc book graphical flash beyond the other games in the series.

The Saturn version also includes that weird geeky character that was not available in CPS2 US and PSX versions.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 07:41:58 AM »
MKR is great but only if you want to buy the 8$ JP copy instead of the 400$ USA copy, or just burn one or something.

I think MKR is my favorite saturn game, but I like MKR as a whole, so I am biased

I like MKR a lot as well, but those US prices are now ridiculous.
--DragonmasterDan

KingDrool

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 08:10:00 AM »
I almost forgot: Last Gladiators Digital Pinball! Cheap and awesome.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

SignOfZeta

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 08:19:24 AM »

The Saturn version also includes that weird geeky character that was not available in CPS2 US and PSX versions.

Yeah, Norimaru is essential.