Author Topic: SNK to announce new hardware ?  (Read 3420 times)

TDIRunner

Re: SNK to announce new hardware ?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2018, 04:41:44 AM »
That looks like the outline of a table-top arcade machine to me.

Never trust the outline of the package.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4DFWcwYMLQ
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Medic_wheat

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2018, 06:40:15 AM »
Tag to see what develops later.

TR0N

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2018, 05:44:25 PM »
Long as it's not another neo-geo x i'm fine if they made a mini console.

The Neo Geo X was a mini console. It had AC in, HDMI out, full sized joysticks, etc. You must have jumped on the hate train before realizing what it was. It even has a fake plastic shell that looks just like the original but is smaller. Remember?

The issue with the X wasnt it being a handheld or a console (it was both)  but rather quality in key areas. No matter WHAT this thing is there is ZERO reason to suspect this thing wouldn’t suck just as bad in key areas making most of what’s good about it pointless. Sure, one could blame Tommo for the X but who do you blame for the software SNK is releasing these days?

I hope it’s great. I hope it’s as good as the last Neo Geo Pocket game they squeezed out, I just doubt that it will be. These types of produce are for people too young to remember the quality of the original.
I was looking forward to neo-geo x when it was announced originally for the novelty sake.Then after it's release i saw the reviews and decided it was not for me beside i was fine having a cmvs by that point.Now i've heard you can hack it to make it playable but you shouldn't have to in the first place.I just hope this,neo-geo mini turns out right but knows if this product will be in house or license out to another.Unlike sega who hasn't still learned since there up&coming megadrive mini is being made by atgames.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Purple1308

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2018, 05:47:30 PM »
Who else thinks this is going to be a neo geo classic?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TheClash603

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2018, 02:05:01 AM »
Neo Geo: The Board Game

SignOfZeta

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2018, 07:24:32 AM »
Long as it's not another neo-geo x i'm fine if they made a mini console.

The Neo Geo X was a mini console. It had AC in, HDMI out, full sized joysticks, etc. You must have jumped on the hate train before realizing what it was. It even has a fake plastic shell that looks just like the original but is smaller. Remember?

The issue with the X wasnt it being a handheld or a console (it was both)  but rather quality in key areas. No matter WHAT this thing is there is ZERO reason to suspect this thing wouldn’t suck just as bad in key areas making most of what’s good about it pointless. Sure, one could blame Tommo for the X but who do you blame for the software SNK is releasing these days?

I hope it’s great. I hope it’s as good as the last Neo Geo Pocket game they squeezed out, I just doubt that it will be. These types of produce are for people too young to remember the quality of the original.
I was looking forward to neo-geo x when it was announced originally for the novelty sake.Then after it's release i saw the reviews and decided it was not for me beside i was fine having a cmvs by that point.Now i've heard you can hack it to make it playable but you shouldn't have to in the first place.I just hope this,neo-geo mini turns out right but knows if this product will be in house or license out to another.Unlike sega who hasn't still learned since there up&coming megadrive mini is being made by atgames.

The Neo Geo X was no SNES Classic Mini, but it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as the f*cks at Neo-Geo.com made it out to be. I enjoy playing it from time to time and I had an MVS long before it was released. It’s a fun thing to play with.

The TV out was bad and the USB stick is basically defective and that’s total BS. The actual Neo Geo X feels great in the hands though. I like it for Slug and shooters.

Purple1308

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2018, 01:29:13 PM »
Neo Geo: The Board Game
To have that retro feel you'll pay as much as you did with an actual neo geo and pay 200 for each piece.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MisterCrash

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2018, 11:31:45 AM »
Looks like there is a software collection also being released for SNK's 40th anniversary. Here's the blurb about it, edited slightly:

The SNK 40th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION includes classic titles such as Alpha Mission, Athena, MOTHER @%*{*ING CRYSTALIS!!!!!, Ikari Warriors, Ikari Warriors II: Victory Road, Ikari Warriors III: The Rescue, Guerilla War, P.O.W., Prehistoric Isle, Psycho Soldier, Street Smart, TNK III, and Vanguard - with more titles to be announced! Get the complete experience by playing both the arcade and home console versions on many of these titles!

I was never a fan of Ikari Warriors, and thought that Athena was one of the worst games on the NES, but the inclusion of Crystalis is more than enough to make this an instant buy for me. I absolutely love that game, and was very sad when I played it again a few months ago and realized that the 30-year-old battery wasn't working anymore.

Punch

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2018, 01:51:24 PM »
CRYSTALISSSSSSSSSS

If this isn't out for an outrageous price it will be an instant purchase for sure!

schweaty

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2018, 03:15:33 PM »
I know it's not a popular opinion, but I liked the neo geo x.  I didn't even know about until the day it came out so I never got on the hype train.  I always hooked it up via HDMI ( which was the whole point IMO).  Once they fixed the aspect ratio issue, what else was there to complain about?  The price?  You already knew it, so why complain?

seieienbu

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2018, 07:24:28 AM »
Not a lot of the cool Neogeo titles I was hoping for in that list...

One of my problems with how SNK has done things since, say, at least the wii shop?  They release things in a weird chronological-ish order.  I have zero interest in buying Fatal Fury.  Yet Fatal Fury is the first game released whenever SNK starts releasing stuff.  I would gladly pay to get Real Bout Fatal Fury 2, sure, but I'm not going to buy most things leading up to it.  Likewise for Samurai Shodown 1.  I'd buy Samurai Shodown 2, 4, and 5 but 1 isn't something I'd ever want to purchase.

Looking at this list it seems SNK is going back even further which is certainly not coming closer to the SNK games that I like the most.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

SignOfZeta

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2018, 01:56:12 PM »
This is all pre-Neo as far as I know.

I agree that they have put Fatal Fury out too many times. This may not be the most fun release ever but at least it’s not Fatal Fury...or worse, some random KOF where they HD-ed the graphics and fixed some infinite combos but borked a dozen other things.

My only fear is that it will be a garbage release with blurry graphics and shitty emulation for no reason. If it’s not like that, I’m in.

I love Ikari, but I’m taking arcade Ikari and especially Victory Road. A lot of indoors kids have only played the games on NES (or with fuct controls) and those versions suuuuuuuuuuuuck. The NES version of almost anything sucks. Sucks and has shops for some f*cking reason.

Street Smart rules.

TheClash603

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2018, 02:08:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/snk-announces-new-hardware.37181/page-3

Haven't watched the full video yet and it may all be bullshit, but my friend just sent me this link.

Digi.k

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2018, 02:17:12 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/snk-announces-new-hardware.37181/page-3

Haven't watched the full video yet and it may all be bullshit, but my friend just sent me this link.

They think it's going to be this.

I don't know if this is true or reliable

screen grabs from that YT vid.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 02:30:09 PM by Digi.k »

seieienbu

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2018, 04:34:13 PM »
Okay, that's a much better list of games than I was expecting.  I'm very happy that there's no Fatal Fury 1 (or other first games that nobody in their right mind wants to play) on there.  Yeah, it's missing a few of my favorites but overall it's a solid list of games.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93