Author Topic: Reflashed Hueys?  (Read 4606 times)

Trenton_net

Re: Reflashed Hueys?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2020, 03:39:18 PM »
... the more access people have to enjoy these games, the better off humanity can be.

What access? Everything he sells is very overpriced, to the point that your essentially better off just spending the extra few dollars to buy the real game (Something that will maintain it's value over time, rather than become worthless). The only conceivable reason you'd want to buy his 'packages' is perhaps for the extras, like: no-name drinks, ladies underwear, coins, longplay DVDs, etc. But again, all cheap gimmicks included just to make you feel you got something 'exclusive', but doesn't really mean anything.

Punch

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2020, 08:08:28 AM »
Sorry, but that's waaaay too much stuff for me to read. I'm sure there are great rebukes and theories, but in the end, you can't take it with you so in my view, the more access people have to enjoy these games, the better off humanity can be. Cheers

tl;dr: pceworks is actually pretty expensive and everdrives/originals are cost effective

LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU *sips dracula x energy drink*

Trenton_net

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2020, 01:31:11 PM »
I wonder when we'll get to see the quality of those reproduction HuCards. I'm curious to see what the build quality is like (compared to regular HuCards). I guess it's only a matter of time before someone ends up buying and shows up.

Black Tiger

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2020, 02:41:15 PM »
I'm glad that HuCards that look like HuCards are possible. Hopefully Catastrophy can be released on something like that.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Gredler

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2020, 03:04:19 PM »
I'm glad that HuCards that look like HuCards are possible. Hopefully Catastrophy can be released on something like that.

Thank you sir - we do hope to have some physical cards made. I am super curious to hear what Tobias is using, and how he is making them.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2020, 03:06:24 PM »
I like the cases.  If sold in bulk as replacements (along with the sleeves) it could give loose hueys nice homes and maybe save a few cheap sports games from being gutted.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Gredler

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2020, 03:13:40 PM »
Wow, I hadn't seen the cases. That was one of the questions we had not found any great answers for. Does this mean some chinese company is making the case trays now?

Edit: I couldn't see the PCEWORKS engrossment on the plastic before I posted it...  :bonkthis:

Punch

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2020, 08:54:38 PM »
edit: misquote, but still the point stands:

Tobias had the injection molds made for both trays and hucard plastic, meaning he's the sole manufacturer of them for the time being. This also means he profited a shit ton with his previous antics AND will profit a shit ton more in the future if people keep advertising his stuff like it has been done before.

He benefits from economies of scale and initial investment now and any repro is possible, though I don't think he'll ever try a Sapphire again since he's pretty well off just doing "normal" reproductions.

Trenton_net

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2020, 02:42:55 AM »
To be honest, I'm surprised he hasn't been sued by any companies yet.

Black Tiger

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2020, 10:32:25 AM »

Konami's twitter said that his Dracula X coffin set was really cool and that they'd love to have one, or something

Trenton_net

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2020, 03:18:03 PM »

Konami's twitter said that his Dracula X coffin set was really cool and that they'd love to have one, or something

That's really strange! Usually companies that don't actively try to enforce their own copyright claims are at risk of forfeiting their rights for it altogether.

Black Tiger

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2020, 11:26:28 PM »

That's really strange! Usually companies that don't actively try to enforce their own copyright claims are at risk of forfeiting their rights for it altogether.

I think that whoever operates their twitter account is as in the loop as the guys who were representing "Hudson Entertainment".

Black Tiger

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2020, 08:02:27 PM »
After reading the description of the 3D glasses that are included with the Darius Alpha set, I found a supplier of flat fold-out glasses that can be worn either way. They should work as well as the two pairs in the PCEWorks set.

Since the glasses were cheap but shipping is expensive, I ordered ten pais and if they do work I can hopefully mail free pairs by letter mail to people who want to play the PCE Darius games with them.

They might also work for the parallax stages of Jim Power.

Trenton_net

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2020, 01:06:08 PM »
Was Darius specifically programmed with this 3D effect in mind, or is this just a nice side effect of the way parallax scrolling works? I can't imagine the experience to be anything more than a gimmick, but then again, I've experienced my fair share of gimmicks and tricks.  #-o