Author Topic: HuCard slip cases - replacements  (Read 1513 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
HuCard slip cases - replacements
« on: July 21, 2019, 12:40:18 AM »
I bought a box of Seymore Onion's huey slips years ago, but now I'm running low.  I wish he were still around so I could buy more, as they're perfect.

I know Tobias has some, but what other options are there?  If anyone bought some of his, how do they compare?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

xelement5x

Re: HuCard slip cases - replacements
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 10:15:58 PM »
Tobias sells them (BLEH!) but he's the only modern person I know with them.  I've been known to just buy crappy games from Japan and gut them but it's not a perfect solution.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

DarkKobold

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 07:22:25 PM »
Do the Tobias ones come with a can of Red Bull? I need to know.
Hey, you.

NotNightwolf

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 10:01:42 AM »
You might get a big cross dildo.
Formerly Gypsy, hoping to get my old account back.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 01:28:30 PM »
I'll hit up my bff Toby for a set. :)  Maybe put 'em on your santa list!

Gredler

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 02:14:47 PM »
Group buy? I'd be down

Keith Courage

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2019, 09:25:19 PM »
I buy them on yahoo auctions japan. The quality isn't as nice as the originals but they are new, clean, and work for what they are intended to do. Not sure how they compare to tobias sleeves.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2019, 03:00:45 AM »
I've bought some slip case replacements at the local stationery shop. They're made from Polypropylene (PP), which is a pretty inert material that won't break down into a gooey mess unlike some of my original clear synthetic rubber cases. Case closed - at least for me.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

AkumajoTonyX

• "Into The Unknown!"
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2019, 01:52:31 PM »
I've bought some slip case replacements at the local stationery shop. They're made from Polypropylene (PP), which is a pretty inert material that won't break down into a gooey mess unlike some of my original clear synthetic rubber cases. Case closed - at least for me.

Oddly enough, I just checked my HuCard games last night and sure enough, the majority of the sleeves are starting to degrade. Ugh! Time to order some replacements. If I'm alive in another 30 years, I'll have to track some more down.

henrycsc

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 06:56:24 PM »
Necro,

I haven't tried these, but in theory they should work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Medicare-Card-Holder-Protector-Sleeves-Clear-PVC-For-Credit-Card-Business-Card/202944504509?hash=item2f406f62bd:g:Rx0AAOSwzjxeGCGq

Similar sleeves for name tags might work too.  You might even convince a seller to send you a single sleeve to try to see if it works before you buy.

If you want something different, I can vouch that this hard case fits a loose hucard perfectly.  I've made custom cases using these for the special cards.  I don't know if something like an everdrive will fit though.

Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 09:37:26 PM »
Those're cool.  They look like cases for old pcmcia cards.

gex

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2020, 01:51:47 AM »
How many do you need necro? I have some old ones available from TTI days i've been thinking of opening

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2020, 11:41:44 PM »
I'm not sure.  I need to go through my collection and see how many are getting nasty.

I probably have enough for now, but I assume I'll eventually have to replace them all.   :'(

esteban

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2020, 12:36:11 PM »
I'm not sure.  I need to go through my collection and see how many are getting nasty.

I probably have enough for now, but I assume I'll eventually have to replace them all.   :'(

OK, I'm bumping this because I now have so many nasty sleeves and i hate my "temporary" (read: 10+ years) solution ("crackly thin baseball card sleeves... very cheap, very "slippy slidey"... they work, sure, but...)

Anyway, I can't order crap from the PCEWorks kumquat. No way. So, I might just stick with these crackly dumb baseball card sleeves.
  |    | 

Bear85

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2020, 03:51:03 AM »
Also in need of some of these sleeves, recently picked up a modest collection and the previous owner decided to keep the sleeves  :evil: