Author Topic: Fantasy Star Soldier giveaway  (Read 4345 times)

galam

Re: Fantasy Star Soldier giveaway
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2019, 12:58:54 PM »
...Well, I called an uber and the guy thought he was driving me 20 mins until he realized which location it was.  He says “get in, let’s go”.  So about a half hour in, his wife calls and he puts her on speaker.  They continue to yell, not in English and he seemed to abruptly hang up on her.  Said she was upset he took such a long ride so late.  He sincerely didn’t seem to care and he got me back just before 3a.m.

You forgot the part about you having to hit the can! Lucky the driver needed to also.

Josh, do not enter me for any raffle.

driver had to stop for gas.  it was a win/win

clackattack

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2019, 01:08:38 PM »
Sweet give away!
Maaaaann I 'member back in the day being introduced to Turbo and it being put down for its small library, THEN once the internet and emulation became thing seeing the vast PCE library and all the awesome shmups and what not made me soooo jealous of the greatness we never got over here. This one always stood out though, had to have been the comedic aspect of it
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2019, 01:17:06 PM »

Never crossed my mind.

galam

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2019, 02:00:16 PM »

Never crossed my mind.

i already outed him that he had the legits

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2019, 02:13:15 PM »

Never crossed my mind.

i already outed him that he had the legits

Majors is too busy playing through SideArms anyway, I think he sold off his entire OBEY library because he never plays anything else. ;)

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2019, 02:28:33 PM »
I facebooked you about it :)
--DragonmasterDan

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2019, 02:53:33 PM »
I facebooked you about it :)

You did. It was a compelling tale of wizardry and discovery!  I'll add your name to the list.

:D

Gredler

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2019, 03:45:16 PM »
Danm I want to hear the Dan story too! :P

vaskew13

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2019, 04:09:22 PM »
 :-\"

I've honestly never played it, and mostly stick to RPG's but I'd LOVE to give this a go for my first attempt at getting into shooters!!

:icon_cat_derpy:

I can tell you though that the TG16 was the very first console I ever saved my own money to buy (back around 1992) it was used and only came with Cadash. I loved it more than life! I remember beating the game with every character. Ive been in the military for a LOooong time and at some point the system was lost or stolen from me in a move. about two years ago I finally replaced it with another system and have about 30 games now and a PCE Duo. absolutely LOVE both systems!!!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 04:14:17 PM by vaskew13 »

Mathius

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2019, 04:16:26 PM »
I purchased my OG copy nearly ten years ago from a fella from Hong Kong who frequented the old forums. He was a straight up dude who wasn't your typical reseller. Sadly a few years back he lost his life for reasons unknown to me. Every time I play SP I think of him. We had lots of great nights in the old chat. He's sorely missed.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2019, 04:21:43 PM »
Do not want.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2019, 06:57:59 PM »

Well my association with this game goes back to the title itself. I remember receiving one of those TTI Promotional VHS tapes around 1992 or 1993 where they mention future titles coming for Super CD including one called "Fantasy Star Soldier" being aware of how rebranded Sega games like Dragon's Curse, and Monster Lair had made their way to the Turbo in the US I actually thought this game was related to the Phantasy Star series at the time.
--DragonmasterDan

Gredler

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2019, 07:48:09 PM »

Well my association with this game goes back to the title itself. I remember receiving one of those TTI Promotional VHS tapes around 1992 or 1993 where they mention future titles coming for Super CD including one called "Fantasy Star Soldier" being aware of how rebranded Sega games like Dragon's Curse, and Monster Lair had made their way to the Turbo in the US I actually thought this game was related to the Phantasy Star series at the time.

Hahaha rad thanks for sharing  O0

That Fantasy Star Soldier would have been a cool spin off, star soldier levels as you travel from fantasy star planet to planet.... danm, that'd be the everygame! :P

BTW Josh I realized I never said I would jump in on the festivities; if there's room for old Greg I'd love to play this one with a better than burned disc :P

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2019, 10:29:13 AM »

Hahaha rad thanks for sharing  O0

That Fantasy Star Soldier would have been a cool spin off, star soldier levels as you travel from fantasy star planet to planet.... danm, that'd be the everygame! :P

BTW Josh I realized I never said I would jump in on the festivities; if there's room for old Greg I'd love to play this one with a better than burned disc :P

Yep, I got you down. Only a few remain! :)

Aca1970

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2019, 09:42:45 PM »
I finally got the CD player working on my PC engine and this is one game I been trying to get for a while, having a copy will be great to actually play this great game
Thank you !