Author Topic: TurboGrafx-16 mini: Features Video  (Read 1838 times)

Dicer

Re: TurboGrafx-16 mini: Features Video
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2019, 10:13:29 PM »
I don't think that Strider for SuperGrafx ever reached the point in development that it was running at all, let alone playable.

It existed...

AkumajoTonyX

• "Into The Unknown!"
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2019, 11:59:50 PM »
I don't think that Strider for SuperGrafx ever reached the point in development that it was running at all, let alone playable.

It existed...

I remember the screenshots back in the day of Strider on SuperGrafx. I was always fascinated by the quantum leap over the competition at the time. I never did own a SuperGrafx, but had it survived longer than it did, there's no question that I'd have one right now.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 12:01:50 AM by AkumajoTonyX »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2019, 12:31:20 AM »

It existed...

One of those magazines recently posted by parallaxultra had the author claiming to have played it, though he wouldn't have been the first game writer to be full of shit
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

turboxray

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2019, 08:46:55 AM »
I remember looking at Strider ACD and finding remnants of some 1991 game in the data track. It's not uncommon to have other games of the teams or company is working on at the time, to found in between sectors in the data tracks. Unclear if it was related to the SGX original work, but the ACD game started in development as a CD or SCD game.

Black Tiger

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2019, 02:50:24 PM »
I think that it was Chris Covell who debunked the old magazine screenshot that was supposed to be Strider for SuperGrafx.

I don't doubt that it might have been worked on, but it would be very unique by unreleased PC Engine game history to be one of the only ones to have never been shown in any form.

Even games that were never up and running, like RPG Genjin, had multiple screenshots making the rounds.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Dicer

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2019, 11:20:13 PM »
As my memory serves, when I was doin my Zine and talking to the fine folks over at T.T.I. it's was said that there were 4 protos that existed at the time. Maybe someone can hunt down Terry Tang and ask...

It's a shame what the ACD version became, because it's pretty not great.

ParallaxUltra

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2019, 01:56:34 AM »
This site has what seems to be a comprehensive list of references about SuperGrafx Strider

https://strider.fandom.com/wiki/Strider_(PC_Engine)/Development#cite_ref-PCEF1293_0-0

Probably need archive.org / waybackmachine to pull some of these up since many of the links are dead.