Author Topic: How this guy named Dom shipped my CIB Duo  (Read 2457 times)

xelement5x

Re: How this guy named Dom shipped my CIB Duo
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2020, 10:21:20 PM »
I recently got a cardboard boxed game from an ebay seller and specifically asked them not to sent it in a bubble mailer.  When I got the package though, it was, you guessed it, bubble mailer that looked smashed.

Got home and opened the mailer though and I got a wonderful surprise.  The dude had actually flattened the box properly, then put heavy cardboard around it, and packed other stuff around it with thick bubble wrap.  Took it out and it looked great when I un-flattened the box and put it together again.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

gex

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2020, 08:11:05 PM »
I recently got a cardboard boxed game from an ebay seller and specifically asked them not to sent it in a bubble mailer.

Glad to hear it arrived safe, I was gonna say! I've never heard of an eBay seller still shipping horribly after you tell them not to.

Sparky

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2020, 09:58:53 AM »
I remember some guy on here that a bought Vasteel from was convinced that if he packed it tight in heavy cardboard and nothing else it would arrive with no damage,
Sure enough the case came cracked! ha, i do not get some peoples thinking.

Trenton_net

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2020, 02:29:37 AM »
That poor CIB Duo. I personally don't understand sellers. If you can't pack an item properly for what you charge for shipping, then clearly your not asking for enough. So rather than skimp on packaging materials just to keep your costs under your shipping quote, just quote people for what it *actually* costs to pack it properly. I'd imagine people are quite willing to pay for proper packaging, rather than trying to save $3~$5 by skimping on packaging materials.

xelement5x

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2020, 10:52:25 PM »
That poor CIB Duo. I personally don't understand sellers. If you can't pack an item properly for what you charge for shipping, then clearly your not asking for enough. So rather than skimp on packaging materials just to keep your costs under your shipping quote, just quote people for what it *actually* costs to pack it properly. I'd imagine people are quite willing to pay for proper packaging, rather than trying to save $3~$5 by skimping on packaging materials.

Some sellers are just underestimating I think and then when they actually try and ship it they realize they've grossly undercharged and don't want to take the hit.  I've had so many bad shipping experiences that whenever I buy something now I almost always send a message outlining the packaging I'd like so I have a case if they cheap out. 

If it's something really rare and I don't want to chance it I've even been known to offer to pay extra so they don't cheap out.  Oddly enough, in those cases I've never had someone take up the offer for more cash to ship better.  Had one dude sell me a pair of guncons I won on auction with free shipping and he actually lost money but still shipped it.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Gypsy

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2020, 07:07:54 PM »
A friend of mine bought a PS4 Pro off eBay and they literally just put it all in a big box with no padding. It arrived with some cosmetic damage and one of the controllers was fucked but it somehow did work.

Some sellers are just underestimating I think and then when they actually try and ship it they realize they've grossly undercharged and don't want to take the hit.  I've had so many bad shipping experiences that whenever I buy something now I almost always send a message outlining the packaging I'd like so I have a case if they cheap out. 

If it's something really rare and I don't want to chance it I've even been known to offer to pay extra so they don't cheap out.  Oddly enough, in those cases I've never had someone take up the offer for more cash to ship better.  Had one dude sell me a pair of guncons I won on auction with free shipping and he actually lost money but still shipped it.

I remember a couple cases where people lost money and shipped something to me anyway. One was and RGBComponent transcoder (before most people cared about this shit) and the other was a huge limited edition for Neverwinter Nights on PC. Sometimes people go above and beyond, always a nice surprise.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 07:10:33 PM by Gypsy »

The_Elder

• ProjectCOE
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2020, 04:24:57 PM »
That sucks!  While nowhere near that level of madness, when Amazon shipped my TurboGrafx-16 Mini, they did the same thing, didn't use a box and shipped it just in the original box it came in.  I was like WTF.  Thankfully I managed to take off all the labels, but now the side has tons of writing on it  ](*,)

Black Tiger

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2020, 03:14:52 PM »
This thread made me remember that I was once shipped a TurboDuo loose in a bubble mailer. It was even left in my front door mailbox.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

roflmao

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2020, 01:27:49 AM »
This thread made me remember that I was once shipped a TurboDuo loose in a bubble mailer. It was even left in my front door mailbox.

This is how I received my last CD attachment. :(

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2020, 10:50:49 AM »
BT:  Holy Jeebus!  Did it still work and/or have some new battle scars?

Rofl: Dafuq is wrong with people?!?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

roflmao

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2020, 12:35:58 AM »

Yeah. Seriously.

gex

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2020, 04:53:53 PM »
This is so common for the CD units CIB to get shipped like this. Lazy people not looking for boxes big enough

Black Tiger

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2020, 08:26:35 PM »

My post about it should still be on here somewhere.

I think that it might have been a PCE Duo and yes it still worked. But I didn't know how much of the external wear was there before entering the envelope.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2020, 12:26:02 PM »
i picked up the DH for $150
Power Golf was what i boiled

OMG! I remember that video! I can't believe it was so resistant and durable to withstand so much abuse!

NOW I WANT TO MAKE SOME PASTA and throw some cellophane in it.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 12:28:27 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

geise

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2020, 03:05:00 PM »
Sounds tasty! =P~