Author Topic: Anyone else get a Wii/Virtual Console woes!  (Read 1714 times)

Pcenginefx

Anyone else get a Wii/Virtual Console woes!
« on: November 19, 2006, 05:42:10 AM »
First off....

Anyone else get a Wii?  My wife and I picked up ours last night at GameStop during midnight.  It was SOOO nice to just walk in and come out of there 15mins later  :dance:

Second, just to let people know - TG-16 games are not currently available for download as of yet from the Wii Shop Channel.  Hudson has yet to comment about this, but I was fully ready to buy every TG-16 game this morning and was greatly disappointed that the Turbo wasn't listed  ](*,)

//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

Odonadon

Re: Anyone else get a Wii/Virtual Console woes!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 06:00:13 AM »
Boo - so far, not impressed.  And I didn't even buy one :)

OD
http://www.turbo2k.net - the truly Turboist of all Turbo sites.

guyjin

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 10:27:46 AM »
i got a wii at midnight, but didn't even mess with the virtual console at all. Had fun anyway.

There are always going to be snags with stuff at launch. I just hope they bring up the TG16 stuff soon.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

nodtveidt

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 03:51:43 PM »
Well, notice the huge amount of empty screen real estate there...it'll be available soon, don't worry. :) Besides, Hudson I don't believe ever even specified that they would be available at launch, as far as I know they only specified the games that would come first.

Keranu

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 04:32:19 PM »
Got my Wii this morning by miracle (a old lady in line gave me her ticket, it was all sold out when I got there). I also noticed that the VC was missing Turbo Grafx 16 games, what gives?  :pray:
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Dark Fact

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 04:52:04 PM »
They can put up Genesis titles up on launch day but no Turbografx. :? C'mon Hudson, not everyone has forgotten about the Turbografx!

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Keranu

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 07:07:10 PM »
Speaking of which, what's with them charging $10 for Altered Beast and Sonic!? You can get those games for like a buck! :D

I don't plan to really purchase from the Virtual Console, but I would definitely consider it if they add light gun games that you can use with the Wiimote! Also any Japanese translations are welcome :) .

EDIT: This reminds me, has anyone ever heard of a rumor about Hudson or someone finishing up the unreleased Bonk 4 RPG game on the Virtual Console? I doubt this is true considering it was on Wikipedia and was only a rumor.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 12:30:36 AM »
EDIT: This reminds me, has anyone ever heard of a rumor about Hudson or someone finishing up the unreleased Bonk 4 RPG game on the Virtual Console? I doubt this is true considering it was on Wikipedia and was only a rumor.
Hey Keranu :).  My 2 cents: If Hudson were to ever finish an old game (which itself is unlikely), it would be something with potential for lots of $$$. Bonk 4 is not a title that would fit into this category. Also, I'm assuming that Hudson retained the IP. Plus, IIRC, only 10-20% of Bonk 4 was completed before it was canceled. Now, we don't even know if that figure is accurate... so for all we know Bonk 4 was nothing more than a few mock screenshots and some character art.
  |    | 

grahf

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 01:23:34 AM »
Just in case everyone doesnt know, there are a few things not currently working on the Wii. The Opera browser, weather forcast and news channels are not available yet either.  From what i read, there were some last minute bugs that they decided needed to be squashed. I hear these things could be ready in under a week, but could take up to a month.  Im not sure if bugs are what held up the TG games as well, but its possible. It could also be licencing.

Im no expert, but Im going to assume they should have everything ready to roll by Christmas.I'm hoping sooner, because i really want to mess with it :D

Pcenginefx

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 04:28:08 AM »
Ok peeps,

Hudson said that the first batch of games are still in cert, and are waiting to be added to the VC service.  Bonk's Adventure & Bomberman '93 will be first, with the rest that have been previously announced set to roll out over the next month.

As for the other items not working, the Weather channel is set to go online Dec 20th, and the News channel to be online Jan 27th.  Opera browser has no ETA.
//Aaron

grahf

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 07:24:46 AM »
Cool thanks for the info.

Pcenginefx

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 08:33:18 AM »
As I have posted pretty much everywhere else here, the first two TG-16 titles are now available for purchse from the Wii Shop Channel (Bomberman '93 and Bonk's Adventure).  I will be posting up a video of the purchase and play process tonight.
//Aaron

esteban

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 09:15:01 AM »
I will be posting up a video of the purchase and play process tonight.
That's precisely what I wanted to see. Thanks! :)
  |    | 

Pcenginefx

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2006, 03:36:21 PM »
"Pcenginefx Demonstration Video: Wii Shop" (7m51s)
//Aaron

Keranu

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2006, 04:31:56 PM »
Very cool! I think I am going to download Bonk just to try it out.