Author Topic: turbo duo cd not spinning  (Read 1350 times)

Keith Courage

Re: turbo duo cd not spinning
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2020, 08:45:13 AM »
Then there is either a bad trace on the board somewhere or another possible chip issue. Seems weird that the lens actually bobs up and down when trying to read. Normally this does not happen when a DUO has the no disc spin up problem. Does the center of the lens show red in it when powered on? Obviously don't stare directly into it but glance at it from an angle for a quick second or even use your phone to look through to it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 04:37:18 AM by Keith Courage »

drtdiver

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2020, 09:09:58 PM »
replaced the chip and now the lens will only bob up and down randomly not every time. and no red coming from the laser.

Keith Courage

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2020, 10:51:49 PM »
No red from the lens usually indicates a bad lens, bad CXA1082 chip or bad traces from the CXA1082 chip to the D78C chip.

Dealing with these issues is a horrible process trying to track down the actual problem. It's taken me many tries to fix DUOs with these issues.

When it is out of my league, I send some of the chip issue systems I get to thesteve to repair because he has more experience with it than I do. Unfortunately he is super backed up with repairs right now and isn't taking on any more work.

drtdiver

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2020, 11:44:36 PM »
right on.  thanks for all your help. if i ever get this thing going i will post back