Author Topic: PCE mouse/Blodia question  (Read 420 times)

Walker

PCE mouse/Blodia question
« on: May 10, 2020, 06:07:12 AM »
Does anyone know if Blodia has support for the PCE mouse? Anyone who reads Japanese have the manual? The reason I ask is because some levels seem impossible to complete in time even when you know the solution and this is mainly because you have to slowly click your pointer across the puzzle when you are seemingly required to very rapidly and precisely click in a way that seems very much designed for a mouse. If you look into the game you will learn its actually a port of a 1983 Broderbund Japan game called Diablo which was released for the Apple II home computer and thus had a mouse. Given that they included two speeds above the default which already seems impossibly hard without a mouse it seems the game was really not designed for a gamepad.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: PCE mouse/Blodia question
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 02:34:48 PM »
No mouse support, unfortunately.  I'm too slow and retarded to even make it past the second or third stage, so I'm afraid I can't offer any tips.   :icon_cat_derpy:

Here's a handy thread that lists all games that use the mouse, MB128, and/or 6-button pad: link sausage
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 02:37:02 PM by Necromancer »
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Walker

Re: PCE mouse/Blodia question
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 03:45:32 AM »
I should note that I have revised my view on this game, after playing enough Time Ball I have realized there is often a simple solution of moving pieces very quickly that is not the best solution and can often throw you off. The hidden true best solution uses fewer moves and gives you more time to do your work. Im through 85 levels, hopefully I can solve the final 15.