Author Topic: Game of the Month: November 2020 - Ys Book I & II  (Read 1439 times)

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
Re: Game of the Month: November 2020 - Ys Book I & II
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2020, 10:00:42 AM »
Started dawdling around a little bit with Ys Book I on PCE, then having a few free hours last night I actually starting playing around with Ys I on Master System and Aaron's adventure, lol.  It's truly amazing just how impressive this upgrade on CD really is. All of these games coming out these days having "remasters" or "HD updates" really owe it back to Ys as having releases on back-to-back console generations.

This morning I woke up playing Ys Chronicles a bit on steam too!  Definitely the best game choice for heading into Turkey week! <3

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

roflmao

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2020, 04:39:03 PM »
I finally got started and in Darm Tower now.  Does anyone else count columns as they run around outside?  Do you also usually go in one direction or the other?  I go counter clockwise.  :mrgreen:

I remember counting the pillars bitd, but didn't this time around. Haha, while going up the tower I went counter clockwise and while going back down I went clockwise. :D

That damn Blue Amulet!

I too have started book II. I forgot how much better the 2nd half grafx look compared to the first.

Yes! That amulet had me stuck. :P

I forgot how much grinding was necessary at the start of Ys Book II.  :shock: It's too bad your money doesn't carry over from one game to the next. or any of your useful items...

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2020, 11:51:41 AM »
After my turkey nap, I got some time on Book 2 and finished it. It has been a while since I played through it all and was a pleasant time to experience again. I'm thankful for GotM!
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2020, 11:25:08 PM »
I finished it up tonight.  The dancing sprites in the credit scroll is still one of the best things ever.

So, Ys 3 for December GotM?  :adol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

geise

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2020, 09:24:17 PM »
Nice on those that finished. Hope everyone had a good few days off for the holiday. I am right near the end and should finish it all up tomorrow. I love this game but also forgot how much I hate Solomon's Shrine. I always get so damn lost. lol. Yeah I have two games in my head I'm thinking of for December GotM. With it being the end of the year I'd like for it to be a decent game. Ys 3 is a possibility.

WindyPCE

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2020, 03:47:57 PM »
Im in solomon shrine just been running around as a beast. Did do a bit of levelling in a spot in the shrine but still playing

roflmao

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2020, 07:11:22 PM »
The month may be over and I didn't complete Ys Book II, but I'm still playing it as well. I still think I'll finish it, it just might take a month or two. ;)

geise

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2020, 08:09:56 PM »
It's ok if you didn't finish. Just keep playing and enjoying it. I just finally finished it yesterday. Used my actual duo and played it that way. Still my favorite game on the system hands down! Keep playing and have fun for the December GotM!

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2020, 08:13:57 AM »
Did do a bit of levelling in a spot in the shrine but still playing
Yeah, my first time I hit up Darm, I got decimated(well the first few times...I did forget the correct item load out :) ). I went back to Jira's place to grind up to max level to make my life easier.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

esteban

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2020, 12:14:03 PM »
Started dawdling around a little bit with Ys Book I on PCE, then having a few free hours last night I actually starting playing around with Ys I on Master System and Aaron's adventure, lol.  It's truly amazing just how impressive this upgrade on CD really is. All of these games coming out these days having "remasters" or "HD updates" really owe it back to Ys as having releases on back-to-back console generations.

This morning I woke up playing Ys Chronicles a bit on steam too!  Definitely the best game choice for heading into Turkey week! <3

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

So, my daughter started playing an upgraded version of Ys I (iPhone app) years ago and liked it, but I never even thought of showing her the SMS version! I haven't played through the SMS version in a billion years. OK, 20 years? Something like that.

Anyway, the problem is that if she is really going to play through Ys I & II, i want her to play the TG-CD version. Same for Ys III. TG-CD version.
  |    |