Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1433 times)

Skogur

Hello!
« on: January 29, 2021, 07:24:55 PM »
Hi everyone, PCE fan from Sweden here! Came across this forum by accident when trying to find the pcenginefx website a while ago. I own both a PC-Engine with a CD interface + arcade card and a PC-FX, love these consoles!

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 02:48:48 PM »
Welcome! Sounds like you'll fit right in.

PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 06:45:31 PM »
Welcome aboard!  I like your funny turtle avatar; he looks too happy to be "stuck" on his back, so I think he's actually break dancing.   :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Skogur

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 03:41:06 PM »
Thanks! It's from a message you'd get when playing the wrong side of a Laserdisc, I also like that his belly is a huge Laserdisc.  :D

roflmao

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 01:46:51 AM »
Welcome! PC Engine and LaserDisc are two of my favorite things! It's rare that those two hobbies cross over, but I recently ordered a Galaxy Fraulein Yuna Laserdisc! I'm currently playing through the first game using Google Lens and help from the community, haha.

Skogur

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 01:27:45 PM »
Nice, that's dedication! I've never watched any of the OVAs, only played Yuna FX which was a lot of silly fun! Studied in Japan some years ago so didn't have to deal with Google Translate thankfully.
I suppose a LaserActive would've been the perfect blend.. But that's too much money for me.

gex

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2021, 02:22:56 PM »
Get out while you still can. These are all career trolls and Trump supporters. They toy with newbs here like they do on Neo-Geo.com.

Why haven't you left yet then :lol: Funny you're giving other people advice you don't follow yourself

Edited to change quoted user name to nintega jackhole.  -necro
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 08:08:57 PM by Necromancer »

gex

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2021, 02:29:58 PM »
Btw welcome to the forums  :bonkthis:

Just got into LaserActive myself. Just recently got a good deal on a TG 16 PAC, so I went ahead and purchased a CLD A100. Both are getting recapped at the moment, so i'm very excited to get them both back. Also have 2 Turbografx LD's that were apparently used in retail stores that I've always wanted to see, although I think they've both been dumped on Youtube

NinSEGA

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2021, 09:35:43 PM »
Hmm, I would say Neo-Geo.com would be the opposite of PCEngineFans. If there are supposedly more right-leaning people here, then there are definitely far more left-leaning peeps over at N-G. I was recommended this site from a group I'm in over at MeWe, which is more right-leaning.

Skogur

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2021, 12:21:10 PM »
Btw welcome to the forums  :bonkthis:

Just got into LaserActive myself. Just recently got a good deal on a TG 16 PAC, so I went ahead and purchased a CLD A100. Both are getting recapped at the moment, so i'm very excited to get them both back. Also have 2 Turbografx LD's that were apparently used in retail stores that I've always wanted to see, although I think they've both been dumped on Youtube

Thanks!   :)
Recapping pretty much seems like a requirement from what I've gathered (Yet another expense) they look really cool though! Also do you mean a Turbografx branded PAC? I don't think I've ever seen that.

gex

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2021, 01:52:23 PM »
Thanks!   :)
Recapping pretty much seems like a requirement from what I've gathered (Yet another expense) they look really cool though! Also do you mean a Turbografx branded PAC? I don't think I've ever seen that.

Yes, identical to the PCEngine PAC but plays US games. There seems to be some back and forth whether or not EVERY single PAC/CLD needs to be recapped, but I figure since it's $60 each with Chris it's worth the peace of mind.

NinSEGA

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2021, 04:07:19 PM »
The Japanese PC Engine version (model#: PAC-N1) is a lot easier to come by and you can just use a Turbo PC-HENSHIN to make it region-free.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2021, 07:07:36 PM »
With the pad and packaging too, nice gex.  Dare I ask what a "good deal" is on a Turbob PAC?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Skogur

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2021, 02:42:01 PM »
Nice!! I'm also curious over what these would go for?

gex

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2021, 10:36:19 PM »
With the pad and packaging too, nice gex.  Dare I ask what a "good deal" is on a Turbob PAC?

Got it for free actually. Found an ex TZD employee who had boxes of old employee/promotional stuff, like prototypes and posters which she wanted to sell. Gave the lead to a good friend of mine in exchange for this TG16 PAC along with other stuff.

Nice!! I'm also curious over what these would go for?

Last one CIB sold on the GayBay for 2,500 I think, But there's another one up on eBay now for that. The seller recently put out an offer for 2,200 but nobody took it. So who knows, it's one of the very rare/niché pricing situations.

One with just the PAC sold for $500 a few nights ago really late on a BIN listing. Tried to wake up my friend so he could buy it, but by then someone else beat us to it.