Author Topic: PC Engine GT - No Video or Backlight  (Read 3130 times)

WaldoX

Re: PC Engine GT - No Video or Backlight
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2022, 05:02:36 PM »
 :boom: :boom: :dance: O0 :thumbsup: :mrgreen: :clap: :icon_cat_stoned:

I swapped out the fuse today, then removed the board from Console 5 and replaced it with the one I had made through Osh Park.  AND HOLY SHIT IT WORKS!!!!  I cannot properly express my gratitude to everyone here who assisted me with this.  I couldn't have done it without you!

It has been nearly 4 months of wondering if I just wasted A LOT of money on this project.  Not only that, but this is for a friend who has real nostalgia for TurboGrafix games (I was a sega kid  :P )   

THANKS!!!!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2022, 07:16:36 PM »
Noice!  Another one saved to play another day.  Good job!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

WaldoX

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2022, 08:21:59 PM »
Thanks! 

WaldoX

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2022, 03:49:39 PM »
I've spent the morning modding the shell and getting it re-assembled.  Everything is working great!  Too bad I slightly mis-aligned the screen and have to tear it all back down to fix.   ](*,)

Still, pretty happy   :icon_cat_stoned:

Keith Courage

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2022, 08:34:57 PM »
A tip for installing/lining up the screen, at least this is what I do.

Put hot glue on the top of the screen only, then before the glue dries, lightly set the screen cover/protector over it and hold the screen centered from behind while the glue dries. Then take the screen protector off to keep it from getting scratched and finish gluing the screen in from behind.

Once the screen is secured from behind, use a shop vac on reverse to blow any dust out of the screen area before installing the screen protector over the top.

I used to install the screen protector first but it was always a pain to try and keep dust out of there while also trying to line up the screen from behind at the same time.

If you ever try to remove the new screen protector, do not just push from behind as it could break. I use a thin guitar pick to firmly push around the sides of the glass from the top until it pops up on one side. This seems to be the safest way to keep it from breaking.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 04:39:50 PM by Keith Courage »

WaldoX

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2022, 10:12:36 AM »
Ok, thanks for that!  And THANK YOU for all your help along the way.  Absolutely could not have done with without you.  :-)

MasterofBiscuits

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2022, 06:56:01 AM »
Glad you get her working! :D

WaldoX

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2022, 05:59:16 PM »
Thank you!  And thanks for your help along the way!