Author Topic: Game of the Month: November 2021 - Dungeon Explorer II  (Read 614 times)

geise

Game of the Month: November 2021 - Dungeon Explorer II
« on: November 04, 2021, 07:00:54 PM »
Dungeon Explorer II

Was thinking of doing a shooter since a few games have been longer sit down adventure or rpg style lately. However this is the time I play more Turbo RPG's since I have time. I haven't done a full playthrough of this in ages (broken record at this point) and I know I'm skipping the first on Hucard and it's awesome soundtrack! However, I love this sequel and this game also was one of my favorites back when it first released. The opening stuff is amazing and I love the soundtrack on this as well. I also enjoyed the voice acting bad and good. I believe (Dan told me I think) that Working Designs voice actors helped with the dub. A know a few did from hearing it, but I never researched it. Anyways, enjoy guys! Hope this one gets some play time from everyone.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
Re: Game of the Month: November 2021 - Dungeon Explorer II
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 09:02:05 PM »
Nice. I have a few weeks off in November from cons, so (broken record too) I should be able to dive deep. I just need a cheat code for unlimited life :)

This summer, a buddy and I did some two player with it but never got that far. We ended up playing the SCD version to compare...it's not a comparison.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 12:51:22 AM »
Is there a cheat code that'll let me play as BE all the way through?  Robots reign supreme!   :pcgs:

DE2 is a great one.  Another fine choice for GotM.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

gex

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 12:55:21 PM »
Have a proto of this game I've been meaning to play through and see if there's any differences. Such a sick game

geise

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2021, 08:50:52 AM »
Finished the game with my son over the holiday. He enjoyed it. I wasn't sure if he was going to like it since it's a little slow paced. I was the warrior and he was the wizard. It was fun giving it a play through again since it has been quite a while since I cleared it. Now to think of another game for December. Might be a shooter or something easy to quickly pick up and play.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2021, 08:20:36 PM »
I'm not done yet, just got the Ora stone.  I started as the fighter but am as the witch right now and am planning to switch to BE.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2021, 11:31:09 AM »
Is anyone else OCD and has to take every character to Mir?  Also, I gotta couple o' questions: is there a point the invisibility potion and can you do anything special in the hunter's cave other than watch them die?

geise

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2021, 09:10:53 PM »
No I don't think so. I was not OCD playing it since I was playing it with my son.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2021, 07:54:46 PM »
I finished 'er up today.  'Tis a great game that hopefully I'll play through next time with more players.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2021, 08:38:05 AM »
Sadly, I did not get a clear this month. It doesn't help that my main Duo doesn't like CD-Rs after a few hours and locks up. I think I only got to the vampire area(?)...or at least that was what the NPC's kept talking about. I kept dying a lot by getting overrun by enemies. I remember beating the first one, but I might have used the DEBDE code.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"