Author Topic: Boxed Turbo Duo for sale  (Read 1009 times)

Scattershot

Boxed Turbo Duo for sale
« on: June 21, 2022, 11:45:32 AM »
I have a boxed Turbo Duo for sale, possibly trade.  100% working but the following caveats apply:

• It's modded with a tethered scart cable.  It's clean, but it's a lousy picture, no better than composite.  I'd suggest undoing or redoing it, but there's a small hole at the back of the console.

The top of the console has some scuff marks

The inside looks pretty clean, no visible signs of corrosion, but I'd recommend a recap just because it's a Turbo Duo.

Box has a bunch of dents in it

No original AV cable, no original PSU and no foam inserts.  All other documentation present, along with the cardboard insert.

I'm not 100% on selling it, but I thought I'd put it out there if anyone wants to give me an offer.  I would also consider trading for e.g. boxed Multimega/Wondermega or possibly rare PC Engine stuff.  Pics available on request

gex

Re: Boxed Turbo Duo for sale
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 01:26:34 PM »
- Doesn't have an asking price

- Fishing for offers

- Literally just a dented console box, scuffed TurboDuo with bad capacitors and a bad RGB mod

- Seller doesn't even know if they want to sell

- Either too lazy/embarrassed to post pictures

lol

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 10:47:33 AM »
I do not use Marketplace but is this how they list items for sale there?

At least the forums are keeping up the "un-welcoming of new members" hate! Kids need a thick skin to post around these parts...no safe place here. I wonder how N-G would have treated Scattershot and they're initial post :)
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

gex

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 07:13:49 PM »

At least the forums are keeping up the "un-welcoming of new members" hate! Kids need a thick skin to post around these parts...no safe place here. I wonder how N-G would have treated Scattershot and they're initial post :)

This is bad even for Facebook marketplace. I'm not one to be concerned about etiquette, or care of new members being leechy. Just from a buyers perspective this looks like a headache, and all for someone who's "not 100% on selling it".

Scattershot

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2022, 03:01:24 PM »

This is bad even for Facebook marketplace. I'm not one to be concerned about etiquette, or care of new members being leechy. Just from a buyers perspective this looks like a headache, and all for someone who's "not 100% on selling it".

I'm not a new member, I've been here far, far longer than you Gex.  I remember when you arrived.
But yeah, I literally don't care if I sell it or not.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2022, 04:42:40 PM »

I'm not a new member, I've been here far, far longer than you Gex.  I remember when you arrived.

My old man brain doesn't recall much of a 'scattershot' to be honest, but if you've been around for far longer than gex you'd know better than to start a sales thread with such vague info and no pics.

If you don't care to really sell, but would take an offer if one came by, let me be the first to make an offer-

$100.

Scattershot

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2022, 12:24:39 PM »

My old man brain doesn't recall much of a 'scattershot' to be honest, but if you've been around for far longer than gex you'd know better than to start a sales thread with such vague info and no pics.

If you don't care to really sell, but would take an offer if one came by, let me be the first to make an offer-

$100.

Different username.  I was here for the best part of two decades, old account got lost when the forum moved, and I didn't care enough to do anything about it, the place is dead.

But:
  • Getting upset about something that doesn't affect you, just for something to post, and
    Perceived superiority based on tenure
Are definitely things I don't miss about this place.

No offence to the three of you, you were generally all quite nice while I was here, but the whole place did tend to turn quite bitter for the most part.

gex

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2022, 10:54:06 AM »

$100.

$105

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2022, 10:29:35 AM »
  • Getting upset about something that doesn't affect you, just for something to post, and
    Perceived superiority based on tenure
Are definitely things I don't miss about this place.

No offence to the three of you, you were generally all quite nice while I was here, but the whole place did tend to turn quite bitter for the most part.

I honestly didn't read into this thread thinking anyone was upset. I guess if anything I was confused. I think if you were really some long-tenured member asking for someone to PM you about prices/payment options you might have been more successful sharing your old forum handle and maybe a pic or two.

gex

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2023, 09:06:47 PM »
Wonder if this piece of shit ever sold lol

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2023, 02:13:36 PM »
Wonder if this piece of shit ever sold lol

lol, he's a long term member that spent a better part of two decades here, I'm sure he had dozens vouching for him and sold it for $1k ;)