Author Topic: Game of the Month: May 2023 - Lemmings  (Read 295 times)

geise

Game of the Month: May 2023 - Lemmings
« on: May 02, 2023, 11:17:07 AM »
Lemmings

Here is a game I love! Lemmings! I own the Amiga original and played it to death. Love it! I can't get passed a lot of the levels cause i'm too busy blowing them all up! Lol. This game has been on every computer and console in existence. Some ports surprised me with how good they are. Some are terrible. Luckily the pc-engine port by sunsoft is freaking amazingly good. It's my favorite port next to the amiga original. I never had a mouse for pc-engine to play it, but the controller is good enough for me. I might track down a mouse but it won't be for this game of the month. I finally will have a more relaxing month which is good since I will be needing it to play through this game again. It's a fun puzzle game and I hope you guys enjoy it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 06:11:25 AM by geise »

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
Re: Game of the Month: May 2023 - Lemmings
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 02:44:19 PM »
Lemmings

Here is a game I love! Lemmings! I own the Amiga original and played it to death. Love it! I can't get passed a lot of the levels cause i'm too busy blowing them all up! Lol. This game has been on every computer and console in existence. Some ports surprised me with how good they are. Some are terrible. Luckily the pc-engine port by sunsoft is freaking amazingly good. It's my favorite port next to the amiga original. I never had a mouse for pc-engine to play it, but the controller is good enough for me. I might track down a mouse but it won't be for this game of the month. I finally will have a more relaxing month which is good since I will be needing it to play through this game again. It's a fun puzzle game and I hope you guys enjoy it.

Hell yes!! I adore the PCE port of Lemmings!  Great choice!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 09:31:24 PM »
Noice!  I've never really put a lot of time into Lemmings, but I like what I've seen so far.  Maybe I can beat it?  I have the special powers of a mouse, maybe even a trackball if I use the USB converter dohicky.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2023, 09:41:10 AM »
Got some time to play Lemmings, ...and it's still Lemmings. Got about 20 levels in on "fun" before I remembered why I do not play Lemmings...it's a little stressful! As a port, it seems fine but I haven't played since the 90's. I wonder why it never got a US release, it was all the rage back then and no translation from what I saw.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

nullity

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2023, 11:33:25 PM »
I haven't played this since DOS back in '92 or so. I'm going to have to break out the mouse and give this a go. I forgot Lemmings even had a PCE port, and have yet to use the mouse! Thanks for resurrecting this one!

seieienbu

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2023, 10:53:33 AM »
Lemmings is a game that I've played many places, but never on the PC Engine.  I'd imagine that the soundtrack is great but otherwise it's pretty similar?  Any differences between it and other versions of the game?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2024, 02:48:52 AM »
UPDATE: was this the reason i wanted a PCE mouse? to play Lemmings? but i don't think i even have this game...

:pcgs:
  |    |