Author Topic: Game of the Month: May 2024 - City Hunter  (Read 381 times)

geise

Game of the Month: May 2024 - City Hunter
« on: May 01, 2024, 03:52:14 PM »
CITY HUNTER

First off, sorry for missing last month's GotM. It was a hell of a month that I'm not going to get into. So, lets start this month with a nice game based of an anime I really love. City Hunter! Ryo Saebe is a "Sweeper" bodyguard for hire. He's a typical guy bodyguard who only wants to have female clients. (like we all do) Kaori is his ex-partner's sister who now teams up with him and keeps an eye on him and putting him in his place when she needs too. The game is and action adventure game that is split into 3 different sections. It plays a little like a faster paced Rolling Thunder. It's Sunsoft so the music in this game is really good. It also has an English translation. Hope you all enjoy!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Game of the Month: May 2024 - City Hunter
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 08:41:56 PM »
Mmm, noice.  This is a good one for pick up and play, and the aforementioned translation patch is from good ol' cabbage.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2024, 11:35:20 AM »
Got a little lost on my first play...can't believe I never picked this one up. I guess I thought it was like Bubblegum and thought it was a digital comic. Definitely gonna get Cabbages patch to see what I'm missing and give it a good go.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

geise

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2024, 08:33:14 PM »
This was a fun play through. Finally got through the whole game during the Memorial Day weekend. Thanks Cabbage for the patch!