Author Topic: yay me  (Read 1247 times)

nat

Re: yay me
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2007, 09:29:35 AM »
That's the long intro video that leads up to the title screen. Around 2:15 the kick-ass title song starts :)

I like the inclusion of computer grapihics interspersed with the anime during the song.

FM-77

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2007, 12:37:49 PM »
That video pissed me off. **** those eyes!

Edit: Watching more. Man, this game looks awful. The animation's laughable. Never, and I mean NEVER use sprites in 3d enviroments, regardless if the backgrounds are pre-rendered or not. Sprites are for true 2d games only. Besides, that guy runs in slow motion. Ugh, that guy is creepy-looking! It disgusts me.  :-&
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 12:46:43 PM by Seldane »

Kitsunexus

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2007, 01:34:43 PM »
That video pissed me off. **** those eyes!

Edit: Watching more. Man, this game looks awful. The animation's laughable. Never, and I mean NEVER use sprites in 3d enviroments, regardless if the backgrounds are pre-rendered or not. Sprites are for true 2d games only. Besides, that guy runs in slow motion. Ugh, that guy is creepy-looking! It disgusts me.  :-&

1. It's "that girl"....

2. You're kidding right? Sprites with 3D works, as seen here: (This game kicks ass, but the voice acting is laughable)

nat

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2007, 07:51:01 PM »

The game kicks ass. I think YouTube's inherent crappiness makes any animation look a lot worse than it really is.

And give me sprites any day over shit mid-90's polygons. I thought most of that stuff looked bad in 1995... It looks 1,546,768,879 times worse in 2007.

nat

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2007, 10:16:56 PM »
Check out Team Innocent and Yuna FX (though I never figured out how to get past the opening fight in this game).

Well, I got Yuna FX today, and the opening fight isn't really all that hard. Use your standard attack (first button) a bunch of times to build your super-energy up (red "E" bar graph) while knocking down your opponent's health. When his health is low and your energy is fully charged, use the lightning attack (third button) to finish him off. Even if it doesn't finish him off completely, you should have enough energy left over to finish the job. I killed him on the first try.

nat

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2007, 03:05:53 PM »
Looks like "Welcome to Pia Carrot" text has finally been fully translated!! Hacking and insertion remains to be done. This is one translation project I'm really looking forward to, along with Dead of the Brain.

Keranu

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2007, 03:52:47 PM »
Well, I got Yuna FX today, and the opening fight isn't really all that hard. Use your standard attack (first button) a bunch of times to build your super-energy up (red "E" bar graph) while knocking down your opponent's health. When his health is low and your energy is fully charged, use the lightning attack (third button) to finish him off. Even if it doesn't finish him off completely, you should have enough energy left over to finish the job. I killed him on the first try.
Thanks for the tip (sorry for late reply!), I'll try that whenever I load it up again. I remember last time I played I kept getting hits on the guy, but he just wouldn't die!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Kitsunexus

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2007, 04:07:54 PM »
Looks like "Welcome to Pia Carrot" text has finally been fully translated!! Hacking and insertion remains to be done. This is one translation project I'm really looking forward to, along with Dead of the Brain.

Something tells me you aren't looking forward to the text. ;)

nat

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »
Thanks for the tip (sorry for late reply!), I'll try that whenever I load it up again. I remember last time I played I kept getting hits on the guy, but he just wouldn't die!

Yeah, that happened to me too once since I posted that tip for you because I didn't follow my own strategy. :) I think I just got lucky the first time around, really, but if you use the method I suggested he should be down for the count in no time.

Something tells me you aren't looking forward to the text. ;)

Something tells me you're right!

Actually, I've owned the game forever but I can't get anywhere because my understanding of Japanese isn't good enough to progress very far. I'm really looking forward to being able to actually comprehend the "story".

Kitsunexus

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2007, 05:18:15 PM »
I'm really looking forward to being able to actually comprehend the "story".

The round and squishy story that has 2 points. :)