Author Topic: yay me  (Read 1246 times)

nat

yay me
« on: February 22, 2007, 08:06:32 AM »
My friend in Japan has a complete PC-FX system he is sending me. I'm excited!

While I've been a Turbo (PCE) player for 17 years, I've yet to ever explore the world of the PC-FX.

I know most all the games are heavy on the Japanese text, so can anyone recommend a few that wouldn't be too hard to muddle through with minimal Japanese understanding? I mean, I can find my way around Anearth Fantasy Stories easily enough so some suggestions along those lines would be cool.

I've already got a few titles written down that I need to pick up for sure, Super God Trooper, Battle Heat, Last Imperial Prince (or something like that)...

Other suggestions?

GUTS

Re: yay me
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 06:35:23 AM »
Boundary Gate.  Its an awesome first person RPG like Eye of the Beholder, but its fairly linear and with easy puzzles so its cake to play.  That was my favorite PCFX game out of all the ones I played.

Keranu

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 08:48:43 AM »
Check out Team Innocent and Yuna FX (though I never figured out how to get past the opening fight in this game).
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nat

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 10:16:22 AM »
Cool, thanks for the suggestions. I'm also going to pick up Chip Can Kick, forgot to mention that one... That looks like a fun game.

Keranu

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 04:49:37 PM »
Also check out Zenki and Zerograd, totally English friendly. Unfortuntaly they're both very expensive, so I recommend downloading those :) .
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

GUTS

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 05:28:11 PM »
What the hell is Zerograd?  Never heard of that one.

FM-77

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 05:00:49 AM »

Probably talking about Zeroigar but confused it with the PCE hacker Zeograd. :P It's shooter, anyway.

nat

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 05:56:37 AM »
That one's already on my must-have list, if you look at my first message. :)

I also hear there is a guy working on a translation to "Welcome to Pia Carrot". I really hope this gets finished as it looks like it might be a fun one. ;)

Keranu

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 12:37:45 PM »
Whoops, yeah what Seldane said. I got the names mixed up with the PCE coder.  :mrgreen:

Quote from: nat
I also hear there is a guy working on a translation to "Welcome to Pia Carrot". I really hope this gets finished as it looks like it might be a fun one. ;)
Awesome I haven't heard about this. Is there a link or anything?

nat

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 01:00:38 PM »

Keranu

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 02:34:49 PM »
Oh sweet, I know of that guy. He's doing a lot of other cool translations too. Thanks for the relink.

FM-77

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 08:58:26 PM »
Pretty cool with a PC-FX translation project. Too bad it seems to be a super boring game. Why not translate a real game instead?

nat

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 06:28:46 AM »
Actually, I think it looks like fun.

Although I won't argue there are probably some other PC-FX titles I'd rather see translated. But hey, maybe if this one goes over well we'll see more. The PC-FX library isn't all that big, it's conceivable most of the titles could get translated one day.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 07:13:42 AM by nat »

peperocket

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 06:32:10 AM »
Pretty cool with a PC-FX translation project. Too bad it seems to be a super boring game. Why not translate a real game instead?

What do you call real game ???
Maybe you think about RPG ??
Almost PC-FX games are Digital Comic or Date game, so...

By my side I really like Date game or Digital comic and I'm really happy about this project  :dance:

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 09:52:52 AM »
How can anybody not like Pia Carrot?  The PC-FX version is arguably the best version, and I know that I'm always down for a little naughty fun.  It wouldn't be my first choice for translating, but I'm not complaining as it's not the only translation project.  Does anyone know about the status of the Akazukin Cha Cha translation.  I once had a bookmark to it's site, but the link is dead now.  I hope the project lives and only the link has passed into the clearing at the end of the path.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles