Author Topic: HuCard games on CD  (Read 3383 times)

FM-77

Re: HuCard games on CD
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2007, 10:22:31 AM »
Somebody needs to fix Dragon's Curse. :wink:

nat

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2007, 11:03:18 AM »
Just about all of them need fixing in one way or another.

What's involved in doing this? Do the ROMs need to be disassembled first?

malducci

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2007, 05:20:54 PM »
That the game Dave Shadoff translated? I take a look at it..

radiantgun

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2007, 03:08:36 AM »
I've got a cd with over 90 hucard games on it ! If that helps ! Runs straight on my briefcase, though once you pick one game theres no return to main menu and pick another ! You have to switch off and pick again ! Boo

FM-77

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2007, 04:28:23 AM »
That's the thing we're talking about.

BonkThis

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2007, 04:02:11 AM »
I've got a cd with over 90 hucard games on it ! If that helps ! Runs straight on my briefcase, though once you pick one game theres no return to main menu and pick another ! You have to switch off and pick again ! Boo

I'm totally new to this but couldnt you just hit the select and run button together? I thought doing that reset the turbo back to the main screen?

nat

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2007, 04:43:21 AM »
Not with the Super HuCard CD. Resetting just resets the game you are currently playing.

To get back to the main game selection menu you have to power your system off then back on.

You can get a REAL workout doing this when your system is 15 feet away from you and you are trying to test every single game on the disc. Like he said, there's like 90 of them.

malducci

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2007, 05:49:06 AM »

Yeah, run+select isn't a hardware reset. It's done by the game code. It must have been a Hudson requirement or something. See Spriggan Mark2 - it doesn't reset when you press run+select.

Keranu

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2007, 09:49:14 AM »

Yeah, run+select isn't a hardware reset. It's done by the game code. It must have been a Hudson requirement or something. See Spriggan Mark2 - it doesn't reset when you press run+select.

Are you sure of this? It seems like all the indie demos I've tested will reset by pressing run + select. There was even this demo made by a non-Turbo fan who more than likely wasn't aware of the run+select trick and his demo even did it.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

malducci

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2007, 10:24:25 AM »

Yeah, I'm sure. HuC and Magickit library have the code to reset on run+select. Since I use all my libraries, my demos don't reset - not that I couldn't add it, I just haven't.

Have you tried doing a pad reset on the secret CD conversion project? It won't reset :wink:

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2007, 03:50:07 PM »
I know that some games, require that you hold select & run for awhile, like Ys 4.

Keranu

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2007, 06:50:32 PM »

Yeah, I'm sure. HuC and Magickit library have the code to reset on run+select. Since I use all my libraries, my demos don't reset - not that I couldn't add it, I just haven't.

Have you tried doing a pad reset on the secret CD conversion project? It won't reset :wink:

Ahh ok, that makes sense then. On a side note, have you noticed when you reset games with RUN+Select on some indie demos there are these weird vertical lines toward the bottom of the screen when it turns black?

Quote from: Paranoia_Dragon
I know that some games, require that you hold select & run for awhile, like Ys 4.
Cool I didn't know that. I remember there are very few PCE games that I have played where RUN+Select wouldn't reset it, maybe I just had to hold them down longer.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ccovell

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2007, 02:54:36 AM »
Ahh ok, that makes sense then. On a side note, have you noticed when you reset games with RUN+Select on some indie demos there are these weird vertical lines toward the bottom of the screen when it turns black?
I'm sure that's just the screen showing some uninitialized area of the BG Map when the game code resets itself, but before it turns off the screen and clears VRAM properly.  A lot of HuC programs also update palettes smack dab in the middle of the screen, and you can see the resultant palette streaking.

neozeed

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2007, 05:12:53 AM »
 :dance:
this is great to see interest in the super hucard.ever since i used it I have always been surprised that I havent seen more interest in it.it would be cool to just see the image cleaned up with the games that are dead and doubles to be deleated.

nat

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2007, 06:27:22 AM »
it would be cool to just see the image cleaned up with the games that are dead and doubles to be deleated.

Or triples, as the case may be.