Author Topic: PC Engine Battleship?  (Read 510 times)

nodtveidt

PC Engine Battleship?
« on: April 24, 2007, 06:25:03 PM »
Now that work has settled down slightly, I figured I'd spend a small amount of time coding again. I've been away from coding for along time now so I'm a bit too rusty to work on Frozen Utopia's main projects, so I thought I might put together something smaller for the time being. Anyways...check it out: it's a PC Engine Battleship game prototype.

A couple of screenshots:

(if the images don't work, our connection failed to upload them...AGAIN)

and the download link:

http://www.nodtveidt.net/pcb.zip

Being a prototype, there's a ton of things that don't yet work, and much that couldn't be considered "final". This is merely a working prototype of some core logic and technique. You can place ships (move with D-pad, rotate with I, place with II), then take shots at the enemy grid (shoot with II). The enemy can't yet fire back, and debug information will show up on the screen.

Due to the three day hellstorm-from-the-sky we endured here, our internet connection is extremely crappy right now so it took awhile to get the screens uploaded...

ParanoiaDragon

Re: PC Engine Battleship?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 07:27:48 PM »
Ah, & we can throw it in one of our releases as a bonus, kinda like BT did with his stuff :D

malducci

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 04:17:20 PM »
Hey!? Mean 'ole secret project  :mrgreen:

nodtveidt

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 05:19:41 PM »
Hey!? Mean 'ole secret project  :mrgreen:
lol :D nah, was just something I was messing with over last weekend when I had a little spare time. If I don't have a chance to code in awhile, my coding skill turns to shit, so I have to practice again before trying to code more on the real stuff. Can't have any rookie mistakes in the main event. :D

2X4

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 04:49:25 AM »
That's cool.  Good to hear you're getting some hobby time in.  Especially when your hobby benefits us!   :lol: Looking forward to seeing your projects in their final form, not to mention your tutorials, should they ever happen.  Rock on.
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

esteban

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 12:03:38 AM »
Hey nod, when you're done with this, be sure to add a special "cheater's mode" where folks can move their pieces after the game has started. I don't think I, or anyone else I know, have not attempted to use such lowly tactics at some point. To leave the "cheater's mode" out of the game would be like designing PCE Monopoly without the ability to steal money from the bank.

:)
  |    | 

nodtveidt

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 12:52:21 PM »
2X4: The online HuC Documentation Project is up but terribly incomplete. I'm trying to scrape together time to do more pages of it though. When it's completed, it'll contain a much more concise version of the HuC documentation, a bunch of technical documents, and of course, the tutorial series. You can see what's been added so far here:

http://hucdoc.nodtveidt.net/

Got a long way to go but it's a start.

WoodyXP

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 09:31:06 AM »
Looking good.  Nothing like a good game of Battleship.