Author Topic: "Image Fight" High Scores  (Read 845 times)

rag-time4

"Image Fight" High Scores
« on: September 25, 2007, 01:02:18 PM »

I'm going to break this up by difficulty level, I hope that's ok. Please make a note about whether you used auto shot, turbo, or neither and I'll make a note of it next to your score. Non auto/turbo scores go to the top of the list!

Image Fight Recruit Class
#1 472,000 - Obfuscate (auto shot)
#2 270,900 - bust3dstr8 (auto shot)
#3 249,100 - Rag-time4 (auto shot)
#4 218,700 - Michael Helgeson (auto shot)
#5 195,700 - Turbo D (auto shot)
#6 174,600 - nat (auto shot)
#7 156,500 - thesteve (auto shot)
#8   43,600 - chop5 (auto shot)

Image Fight Leader Class
#1 136,800 - Rag-time4 (auto shot)

Image Fight Captain Class

Image Fight CP Staff
#1 108,500 - Rag-time4 (auto shot)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 06:23:17 PM by rag-time4 »

rag-time4

Re: "Image Fight" High Scores
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 01:04:04 PM »
Leading things off, here's my introductory recruit class score (as you can see, I was foiled by the nasty stage 5 boss)

I'm curious to see what you guys can do with this game, particularly on the higher difficulty settings  :twisted:

rag-time4

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 01:46:33 PM »
Here is my score on leader class with auto shot on. Killed by the level 3 boss this time..  :oops:

nat

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 05:29:39 PM »
I spent about 30-45 minutes with Image Fight today-- the first real time I've had with it since I got it two weeks ago. Here's my recruit-class score with auto-fire on:

rag-time4

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 06:24:27 PM »
I spent about 30-45 minutes with Image Fight today-- the first real time I've had with it since I got it two weeks ago. Here's my recruit-class score with auto-fire on:

Level 4 ... not too bad at all!

The level 4 boss totally owned me for a couple weeks! He's no match for me now, though.

nat

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 06:28:27 PM »
Yeah, I got to him today and he made dogmeat of me. I had to continue from the checkpoint just before this GAME OVER screen.

Now that I know his game plan he'll be toast next time.

rag-time4

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 06:46:35 PM »
Yeah, I got to him today and he made dogmeat of me. I had to continue from the checkpoint just before this GAME OVER screen.

Now that I know his game plan he'll be toast next time.

How do you like the music thus far? ... and, have you ever played the arcade version?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 06:53:17 PM by rag-time4 »

rag-time4

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 01:06:40 PM »
Well, with God's help I was able to finish the three term papers I had to write over the weekend on time, so today I've spoiled myself a bit with some Image Fight!

I still have three books to read in the next couple weeks, so I only played 1 credit, I believe.

I played on the hardest difficulty, CP staff, with auto shot on. I carelessly got myself killed by the usually easy level 2 boss and then got blown to smithereens at the checkpoint alongside the big space cruiser.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 01:09:35 PM by rag-time4 »

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 06:51:31 PM »
My first real sitting with this game since I bought it. Figured Id give it a a go.
Recruit-class score on auto fire mode.

On one credit I got up to stage 5 and died with a score of 218700 before I died.
I took some pics in between stages to show my percentages:

Right before I died,sorry for the blur,was dumb as hell,didn't pause:

Pic of last boss ? Continued,made it to what I am guessing is the last boss,died 2 times,quit:

rag-time4

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 09:27:31 PM »
My first real sitting with this game since I bought it. Figured Id give it a a go.
Recruit-class score on auto fire mode.

On one credit I got up to stage 5 and died with a score of 218700 before I died.
I took some pics in between stages to show my percentages:

Nice! Michael, I'm getting fired up seeing your pics!  :lol:

That level 5 boss is only the last practice boss. The first 5 levels are training levels to prepare you for the last 3, which are the real levels.

It can be a real pain... the key is getting that thing that starts out in its jaws to come out and chase you. When it comes out of the jaws (mandibles?) you need to sneak past. You can use red pods, or if you have a pod under your ship you can use that, red or blue, and you can also damage it with your boosters by changing speeds repeatedly at close range.

Michael, what are your impressions of Image Fight?

Keranu

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 09:43:52 PM »
Man I want to play this game again now! I just have to get past that level 5 boss!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 07:54:36 AM »
I think its  a great game,but def a tad on the hard side. After that boss I died at I'm not too motivated to play again for at least another month. That way I don't get irate at the game and start hating it. The other plus to this game is the ship looks like Jetfire kinda. :P

rag-time4

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 11:57:09 AM »
I think its  a great game,but def a tad on the hard side. After that boss I died at I'm not too motivated to play again for at least another month. That way I don't get irate at the game and start hating it. The other plus to this game is the ship looks like Jetfire kinda. :P

Michael, it's definitely a hard boss and a hard game, no shame there! I myself still haven't taken the time to really master that level 5 boss... the key is getting that thing in the jaws to come chase you while at the same time giving yourself room to slip past and enter the jaws.

And then not crashing once you're in there, which I tend to do...  :oops:

Turbo D

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 08:13:21 PM »
That level 4 boss is a bitch :x. Here is mah high score for today! 195,700 on recruit class with autoshot.

nat

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 08:18:23 PM »
You were at almost the exact same spot that I died in my screenshot back there. I need to play this game again and see if I can pass that level.