Author Topic: "J.J. and Jeff" High Scores  (Read 1522 times)

ceti alpha

Re: "J.J. and Jeff" High Scores
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2007, 09:19:07 AM »
It's so true. The 32bit/64bit era really was a dark age for video games. Though Golden Eye was amazing and Super Mario World 64 was quite revolutionary, the rest of the games just didn't measure up to anything.

The truth is that the more games have "evolved", the more I've stuck to the classics. Nothing beats the arcade greats and the 16 bit era consoles.  8)

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Keranu

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2007, 02:27:25 PM »
I think it's funny that this discussion is going on in the J.J. and Jeff high score thread.  :mrgreen:
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ceti alpha

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2007, 05:12:57 AM »
I think it's funny that this discussion is going on in the J.J. and Jeff high score thread.  Mr. Green

hehe  8-[

rag-time4

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2007, 03:47:35 PM »
I think it's funny that this discussion is going on in the J.J. and Jeff high score thread.  :mrgreen:

Where better to discuss classic 2d platformers?

Sinistron

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2007, 07:01:14 AM »
Can anyone on this board actually beat JJ & Jeff?  I find this game damn impossible.  I can tear through New Adventure Island- but damn this forker's HARD.  ](*,)

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

Keranu

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2007, 01:44:56 PM »
I've beat it, as well as a couple other people I can think of. What part are you having troubles with?
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Sinistron

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2007, 12:39:47 AM »
I'm gonna have to fire it up again this weekend and I'll get back to you on that...  You've got some skills though!

Keranu

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2007, 07:17:15 PM »
It's a really easy game after you've played it for so long and know it like the back of your hand. Just make sure to continue by holding I + II and pressing RUN on the Game Over screen so you can explore the game more and get used to it.

Sinistron

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2008, 01:45:32 AM »
Ok- it's level 6-4 that I can't pass.  I can get there by warping from level three and I can get there straight from level 4- but I just can't pass that level.  There's this string of fires- and after numerous attempts I got past by jumping on the flies, and then there's a long neck dinosaur, and then of all the stupid f*cking things to stop me out come two barking mini dinosaurs and the second one nailed me.  I can do it- it's just gonna take some patience.  I think that the catchy music is what drives me nutty.  ](*,)

Keranu

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2008, 04:01:12 PM »
That's one of my favorite parts in the game! It feels so good once you've mastered it because you'll be blazing through that level with ease as others stare in amazement of you overcoming so many obstacles so quickly without a problem. Be warned though, the part after that is argueably harder and you got to make sure you have the key for that level! There is also another part towards the end of the level that took me awhile to figure out, but once your past that it's time for the final boss (who can be a real pain).

Black Tiger

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2008, 03:53:29 AM »
Its parts like that that make JJ & Jeff such a great platformer.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

ceti alpha

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2008, 04:11:26 AM »
Its parts like that that make JJ & Jeff such a great platformer.

I have to admit that you guys are painting a lovely portrait of J.J. and Jeff. I'll have to pick this up.

nat

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2008, 06:18:50 AM »
 :-&

MissaFX

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2008, 07:40:11 AM »
The kids in Japan really missed out-- the SMB2 they got was a load of crap. It looked exactly like SMB1 and felt as if some dude got high on meth and got friendly with a level editor.

I actually like SMB2, SMB: USA is fine in its own right, but before emulators and hacked roms SMB2 was the only way to play harder SMB levels...cuz didn't you get tired of the origional 8 worlds eventually?  I'd call the real SMB2 a true gem.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

ceti alpha

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2008, 08:04:27 AM »
Sick

lolmax!! Just imagine having a Core Grafx II and a Turbo hooked up in the same room. One with Xevious and one with JJ and Jeff.  =P~ lol  :P